Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DieterDicht

Hello,

Long time reader first time messenger;

Got a quote as follows

16 panels Trina 405

3x2.4KWh Dyness batteries

6KWh Sofar inverter

Eddi Diverter and Dongle

12000 Euro before grant. Any good, average or bad?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Jesus thats not bad. Haggle a bit but good one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Regular readers/posters don't even have to ask the name of the company. We recognize the modus operandi. :-) More power to them, but no..... keep smiling, back slowly towards the door, and bin that quote.

I'll send you on a DM with 2x companies. The first one I used myself last summer and found them excellent. The 2nd company is a regular faithful here with the forum members.

I should give you (and others) a heads up that I suspect all installers are probably at the stage of turning away business from the door that they are so busy. It's been building for some time, but with the Ukrainian crisis and consequential MASSIVE hikes in energy prices, along with the good weather gets people thinking of solar......most installers probably have a long lead time (2-3 months?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

Anyone know if the Gov are going to zero the VAT rate on solar panels and equipment? The EU after giving the green light for individual states to drop VAT to between 0 to 5%, I think it's currently charged in Ireland at the standard 23% rate. Would it have to be a budget measure in Oct?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Ive contacted 3 different Solar suppliers over the last couple of weeks, 2 via E-mail, and the third a phone call, and not heard a squeak from any of them.

Also trying to find some other electronic items, and the lead times are only insane, and the more I look, the more convinced I am becoming that in a whole clatter of areas, this country is totally screwed. When you want a €2 micro switch to repair a heating control valve, and it's not available till August, and the only other option is a complete new valve at €120, that tells me we're up sh1t creek with no paddle. In the same vein, try and find any suppliers in Ireland that have Raspberry Pi systems in stock at the moment, they just are not there any more, so that knocks a home automation system on the head, and the same is true for things like HKC alarm panels, they don't exist at the moment from wholesalers, and I don't see it getting any better any time soon.

I may have to abandon any ideas of Solar for now, between not being able to even get quotes, and my systems here being a lot more complex because of an existing standby diesel generator, I suspect that a number of suppliers just don't want the business, and with the insane schemes that our deranged government are insisting on, getting solar here, along with almost any other energy saving updates is going to end up costing stupid figures, which I just can't afford, a fixed income only goes so far, and even that's not as far as it used to be with the crazy price increases on just about everything at the moment.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

use that for getting your pi, i got one within a few days keeping an eye on the site https://rpilocator.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭brianbruff

Attached the price list from one of the largest solar installers in the country.

I couldn't justify those prices as I'd never see the payback, so in the end I went DIY, 7.5kwp solar panels (20x 375w) with 6kwh solis inverter and 3.5kwh pylon battery

7995euro for everything even the stickers for grant spec.

Spent about 500 on extras, consumer unit, cabling, lift hire, and an electrician to review/bless the install for insurance purposes.

Here's the stats as of 3pm today in Limerick.

(we had the washer dryers going for 2 cycles already today in order to use up the excess so usage is a little higher than normal)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Can someone with Solar as a Service tell me what was the inverter make and model they got from myxxxxx.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 yomod

Hey all - just want to get thoughts on this quote:

• 4.44 Kw 12 panels 370 Watt all black (Peimar)
    • Huawei Luna 5 Kw battery storage 
    • Huawei hybrid inverter 
    • WiFi mudulsolar inverter 
    • Fireman's switch 
    • Roof mounting kit 
    • Eddie immersion diverter 
    • Scaffolding 

€14460 before grant.

Seems high to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ahhgwan

@bullit_dodger - would you be able to forward that DM my way as well? Quotes received thus far are nowhere near feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

That quote is quite keen especially if it includes 3 x2.4KWh Dyness batteries. I would have gotten quite a few and have seen none better including batteries.. Could you pm me details of the installer

• Registered Users Posts: 10 yomod

figured as much 😅

@bullit_dodger MAULBROOK can ye DM me any companies ye would recommend? Caveats around lead times/availability understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 foleyd

• Registered Users Posts: 4 foleyd

New to this forum and hoping to get some feedback on the following quotation for an 8.2kw ground-mounted array with 5.1kw battery, Eddi Diverter and Zappi car charger....

Would also appreciate any comments on Sun Power panels and Dyness battery efficiency & reliability.

22 X Sun power 375 watt PV panels

1 x ground mounted system

1 x 6KW Solis Hybrid inverter

1 x 5.1KW Dyness battery

1 x Eddi water diverter

1 x WiFi stick

1 x projoy safety switch

1 x energy meter

1 x Zappi car charger

€17450 minus solar grant €2400 minus EV grant €600 = €14,450

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Not sure how expensive the ground mounts are but if you were to get this installed on the roof it should be around 11-12k after the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazylady1

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazylady1

Hi. Does anyone have a recommendation for companies in Limerick / Clare area. Thanks

Okay, the best I could get was 12679 Euro and got 2 additional panels. I am happy and I feel good about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Where are you getting the trina panels from? My original supplier doesn't seem to do them anymore, and I'm hoping to increase the number I have, so want to try stick with the same panels.

• Advertisement

I can pm you the guy's name. Don't know where he gets them from. In the quote he states or equivalent. Good enough for me with the current supply crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭sligopaul

Standard fair from the Enniskillen lads. Good price but its definitely going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

I got following quote

16 jinko panels 400w 6.4Kw

6Kw Solis inverter

5.1Kw dryness battery

No Eddi needed, BER included

Cost 14000-2400 = 11600

Or 11 panel system 5Kw Solis inverter, 5.1Kw battery, BER 11600-2400 = 9200,

That would mean 4 panels nd associated fittings are costing 2400, or 1500 per Kw.

I think each is about 1k or more too much, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I very much doubt that for 4 panels and a few rails/brackets/screws it amounts to 2400.

The inverter should be a 6kw one not 5 if going with the first quote and also be at about 1000-1500 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

I updated and it is 6Kw inverter, and actually 5 additional panels, as its 6.4Kw vs 4.4Kw, but still looks overpriced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

5 panels you mean, no? (16-11) so 5x400 = 2Kwp for an extra €2400, or €1,200 per 1Kwp.

They're both decent quotes to be fair. It may not be the best out there but it's clsoe. If you've tried the "usual suspects" such as the lads from just over the border and this is beating them, you might be at the floor of what you can expect.

It's hard to gauge, but I think prices are up about 10-20% right across the board from last summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement