Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L1B Blanket Visa Interview

Options
  • 20-04-2022 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am going to have a L1B visa interview in Dublin, Ireland and I am very nervous! Do you know what type of questions they will ask during the interview?

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Every interview is different, but mine was fairly straightforward. Just a couple of questions around my experience and the skills I had that meant that I was needed in the US. I did have a call with the lawyer beforehand and we went over some of the typical questions - that really helped and I would expect any company to do the same. But someone I know was really grilled on their skills (the agent happened to have a background in what it was we did) to a very detailed level and ended up being denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hienpham

Thank you. I should not provide too much details about the skils that I have, right? What the exact questions they asked you in the interview, if you can share it will be helpful for me?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If you don't provide details of your skills how are the going to determine if you are eligible for a work visa, they may just conclude that you don't have the skills and reject you???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I can't remember the exact questions but you should be prepared to talk in detail about the skills you have that are needed in the US. That is the point of the interview and you should be well prepared by the company and lawyer for this.

I will say that the risk of blanket petitions is that the agent is only seeing your petition for the first time at the interview. This means the bar to approval is slightly higher as they need to adjudicate it there and then. If you had an individual petition, then it would have been adjudicated before you were called for interview but a blanket petition basically allows you to skip straight to interview.

Advertisement