Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,066 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Signed on at lunch to do my rivals games, see if I could get 4 wins and maybe get the other 4 later if it's not too frustrating.

Won 8 games in a row! Not really sure what to do with myself here. Don't think I've won 8 in a row since like Sept / October when there were still lots of dodgy teams in matchmaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

its probably all the old farts like me playin at this time..I signed out and knocked out a few wins as well as a loss.

I've switched Kaka into a ST role in 4222 instead of as a CAM in 4231 and it's like a different player altogether. His weaknesses aren't as obvious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

PIM Cantona tonight or tomorrow, hope he’s cheap 🤞

FUT Captains Cole in my rivals rewards but not really sure I can even use that card.

Untradeable unfortunately too.

• Advertisement

should be a great card...his original one was top class at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The first Jumbo Premium Gold Players Pack I opened from rewards was a Tony Kroos walkout, then it opens and I see a fodder inform and then scroll to the end and 90 FUT Captains Payet is dangling who I was going to buy later anyway, first pack luck in ages.

The next 3 packs from rewards contained nada as per usual 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'm up to division 1 now after starting a new team at the weekend. Some amount of rage quits in rivals so those x2 really boost you up through the divisions quickly. My most expensive player is still HL Laborde. Lining up like this in-game. Lemoine and Terrier are great for objective/cheap players. Terrier's finishing is superb. Dembele is next to be replaced, he's so weak on the ball.

Managed to get him in on 8 chem, very fun card.

Replaced Best with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Is saving packs for team of the season a done thing as with TOTY or should I just open as they come at this stage?

• Advertisement

I was looking at this too, apparently there are loads of TOTS cards so the drop rate is much higher, so I am guessing no need to save packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

it gets into silly season now, youll be awash with TOTS players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

When TOTs is in full flow every team you have will be 92+ minimum. The only hitch might be if EA nerf the drop rates on packs during TOTs - last year it was insane, TOTs and special cards everywhere and that 85+ x10 SBC was a thing of beauty

that and the prime icon sbcs that were going at the time (the 27 squad R9 lives long in the memory), you could cycle through the 85*10 and get through the icon SBCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I never did R9 but basically that 85+ x10 got me the 99 rated Ronaldo and Messi new club cards and then did Cryuff just because I could.

Rewards across the board this FIFA seem to be a touch lower than last which makes me think that TOTs this year isn’t going to be the feast of last year

those two cards were the biggest disappointment ever.

Luckily Acuna and Firminho's cards make up for it plus I had something like 21 moment icon cards.. was a really nuts SBC.

When do you lads usually stop playing? Do you play right through until FUT23 comes out?

There must reach a point where it's all just pointless, nothing really left to play for?

generally the last two weeks where they stop doing WL .... the one thing I really regret about last year was I barely played with any of the top tier players as I spent most of the time doing the 85+ and rinsing them into the moments icon pack. Guessing that won't be around this time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Am I missing something or is this card insane for 20k? Packed it in the 81+ pack and just thought it would be decent fodder until I looked at the stats. Difficult league to link but I can replace Walker and get him on full chem

• Advertisement

yeah good card, can link defoe and kent as well,

his futties last year was a joke

to be fair, if you really think about it, thats it day one, you just keep going for some reason 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Anyone who can fit Captains Payet into their team buy him now, he is such good value at just over 100k. He is unreal. His finesse shots are vile.

Had many a rage quit today and I have the 8 Rivals wins in Div 1 already.

Using him at CAM with a Hawk.

I think I'm going to do the Lahm SBC to replace SMS instead of doing Del Piero.

Think SMS -> Lahm is a bigger, more worthwhile upgrade than Prime Kaka -> Moments Del Piero.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Market at the moment is at rock bottom cause TOTY is about to start. Everything is beyond stupidly cheap.

Really regret doing that Fernandinho sbc. He’s beyond useless, his strength is a lie, any tackle he makes he loses the ball so the opponent gets it back asap and he’s worse than Kante for scoring.

Huge step down from FB Kante.

i might do Lahm but I have potm Forfana so it’s a bit pointless. Think I’ll wait for a moments Eusebio etc.

Also used Ljunberg’s new loan card. Damn he’s brilliant at LAM, just scores finesse shots for fun.

Same goes to Zanetti, I never noticed his complete of jumping.

Got Coleman who’s very good defensively but I can also use Tavernier’s 87 RB card which is really nice going forward too.

Im thinking of getting freddie and robbie keane to go with cahill tbh, they are cheap now and all 3 cards are pretty juicy, esp with Keane and Freddy having 5* WF

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

I've been eyeing up that Coleman card but I'm still in 2 minds as i already have a 90 rated Trent at right back.

• Advertisement

Depends on your play style.

Coleman is excellent defensively but Tavernier is much better going forward.

IMO Tavernier> Coleman >Zanetti

Advertisement