Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Overcharged in a restaurant €40 for something that should have been €20. Got it resolved in the end but had to argue with them which put me in bad form for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

He's already as strong as an ox with needle like teeth and a voracious appetite 😅 He beat me up again yesterday eve while climbing all over my face.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

TA with my constantly cold nose from wearing a mask 14 hours a day for the last few years. I would have been a sh1t surgeon 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My spectacular lack of motivation to go for a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The regular bluntness and disinterest shown by my OH.

An elderly neighbour of mine died two nights ago. His brother would have been married to my dad's sister, and as a result they were like family. He was a real character in the community and I've been telling her a few stories about him since, but this morning she piped up 'I never met this man before so I don't really care'.

Now she often will be burdening me with issues going on in her extended family, many of whom I wouldn't have time for (a couple of them are either toxic or drama queens). She also always goes on about people in work who I have never met either but at least I always show an interest in her stories. She barely asks me how my work day is.

Really pisses me off lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was in Aldi last night when I noticed this goon in there. He was in his early 30s, wearing a hi-viz jacket and had an industrial-sized headset on, through which he was having a loud conversation as he browsed. Eventually, I got to the till and he was ahead of me. (Actually, he ran past me to get there first but I was in no hurry).

After he got served, he said to the girl on the till "Where's my penny change? ". I thought he was joking and was using it as a way of (badly) chatting up the girl. But he persisted and she explained that there are no 1c or 2c coins anymore so then he asked to see the manager. I was being served at this stage, and while I'd never usually get involved, I decided to back up the Aldi worker with some basic commonsense and logic. "They have displayed that they round the price to the nearest 5c, there are no 1c or 2c coins in the till to give you, and if you wanted, you could buy 3 bottles which cost €3.87 but will round down to 3.85 so you'll be making a c profit!! 🙄". (I'm not sure if they do that but they're supposed to, I think.)

He waited around for the manager but while I was unlocking my bike, he walked by, still talking on the headset, still giving out about the injustice of not getting his 'penny' and about "somebody else in there said..." obviously trying to have a dig at me.

People, eh?

I've said it before, but people who send multiple WhatsApp messages instead of one longer one. Particularly when I'm out for a run, cause each one pauses my running podcast for a split second and believe me, it bloody adds up when you're trying to get a sprint interval finished 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Bredabe

After much diddering, we decided to go away for a few days to possibly celebrate my thesis results.

We had a look at hotels in our price range and that has parking and walking facilities/close to public transport, narrowed down to two places, one has not in almost a month responded to a question about safe walking in the area and yesterday this response from the other place.

" your colleague can lodge her bag in the carry station a few minutes from the hotel, its open x to x hours, in response to your question about directions to us from the train we are a 30-40 mins journey from the station",

This would be the third time I've stayed in this town and every single place has been this vague about their location(all different places and each well aware we will be travelling alone until we meet in the venue).

*Maybe its my background in tourism but a few clear directions to the venue would seem to a common sense response to the question where are you situated?

😡

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Would you not Google map it?

If I'm driving somewhere new I virtually drive the route* the night before to get my bearings. Street view is a great feature.

*Obviously not the full route just the final bit I'd be unsure of.

In this day and age it didn't seem like a big ask that a tourist destination would have a map/written directions freely available, esp as its not the only venue in the place by a long chalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

In this "day and age" people don't tend to ask for such things. Not when there's means at everyone's fingertips to do it themselves.

Now that doesn't mean that such a premises shouldn't go that little bit over and above for those who choose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You'd think that those places wouldn't get asked for that info very often as most people would just Google it but saying that a hotel should be extremely knowledgeable on the local area if you're dealing with tourists

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bought a ltd edition vinyl album which arrived today.

The tracklist on the back cover and inner sleeve doesn't match the order that the songs actually play in. 🙄

Post edited by blade1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I wouldn't know.

All I know is its FDA records in Germany.

This is the album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

A retailer cannot force rounding on a customer. Not agreeing with the guy but the shop is in the wrong here and so were you. They can display whatever sign they like, but rounding needs the approval of the customer.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/banking/rounding_cash_transactions.html

”Rounding is voluntary for retailers and customers. The retailer can apply rounding automatically without asking you but you can choose not to have rounding applied and use exact change.”

Having said all that, this is one for the ‘tight as a gnats chuff’ thread. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe its a misprint and you've got yourself a rarity or collectors item.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I sent a message to the band for the craic and said I was ta'd trying to figure out why the songs are different to the tracklist 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

And with a click of bodhrandudes fingers, blade1's TA turned into a *RA 😃

Never even thought of that. IIRC, Idles purposely misprinted xxx amount of vinyl prints with artwork in them to make them even more rare. Could be similar.

EDIT - https://www.facebook.com/idlesband/photos/huge-thanks-to-everyone-who-has-bought-ultra-mono-we-hope-youre-enjoying-the-rec/3431842386838336/

*Rapturous Anticipation
    Post edited by Suckit on

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Two trucks on the motorway taking about 2-3 minutes to pass each other because one happens to be travelling ever so slightly faster than the other, blocking both lanes of traffic as they do so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I had a feeling it wasn't absolutely 100% legally right but something that makes sense, considering it costs more to make the 1c and 2c coins than their actual value in a lot of countries. And this lad looked like the sort who had picked up that fact about rounding being voluntary at the sort of protest that Paul Murphy devotees would go to. 😀 He probably delights in making life unnecessarily awkward for other people.

The fact that he constantly referred to it as a penny was also annoying. I've never heard the word 'penny' said so many times in a few sentences, especially considering he should have been saying 'cent'.

Known as "elephant racing".

My TA is that moment after you get up when you look out the window and remember you left your car at the pub. Now I've to walk down for it 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Could be intentional.

The Smiths Hatful Of Hollow original LP has the lyrics printed on the inner but the song order is slightly incorrect compared with the actual LP - the How Soon Is Now lyrics appear on side 2 and a couple of others are out of sequence. I think they were all like that. It sold very well anyway so not that rare. It's correct on 2011 remaster (both CD & LP)

In this case its not a choice, the other person who is paying for the hotel services has a disability which means accessing information online is almost impossible for them, printouts are likely to be left out of hand .

All of the sister hotels have detailed directions on their individual sites, which is part of the reason we decided on it over the half dozen or so available in the area. in addition to it, in this case, costing very little for the individual hotel to do this.

Things like giving a guest clear directions to the business were basic when I was trained up in tourism, so overlooking a simple thing like this means the hotel could be inaccessible for some potential guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

10 weeks of Love Island this year!

Check this out coming towards me one time.

Skip to around 40 seconds and wait to see view from rear facing cam aswell.

(Excuse the music 🙊)

Love Island in general.

Actually, reality TV in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Makes you yearn for the simplistic but effective RTE documentaries such as Hands from the 80s.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i turn on the TV just in time to watch the Arsenal vs Manchester United match.. after 3 minutes united defender Dalot kicks fresh air in his own box, misses the ball and Tavares scores the easiest goal he’ll ever score for Arsenal.

if it happened in the park you’d be calling him a useless cünt…which he is…

I think I’ve injured myself, I’ve got a really sore shin, I’ve been trying to self diagnose , shin splints I think.

• Advertisement

What's going on with bags of lettuce?

None in my local Lidl,Aldi and Tesco all week ffs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement