Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Sign of weakness from Kerry tbh. Win or lose, the other top teams will look down on that. Won't win an AI this year with that attitude. Should've stuck to Munster Councils original decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

I'm sure it's been mentioned before about PUR being a 'tight' pitch. Apparently it's actually bigger than PUC and is the same size as Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,229 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Best forward line in the country.

Very good and improving defense.

Manager with winning experience.

But, no they won't win the All Ireland because they agreed to play a game that was originally supposed to be an away game, away.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

All that and a weak attitude

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Páirc Ui Rinn 144m x 88m

Páirc Ui Chaoimh 144m x 88m

Killarney 144m x 82m

Always thought it was tighter, might just be the way the crowd are closer makes it feel tighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah, it's all in the head. Its perceived as a tight pitch cos spectators are so close to the action.

It goes the other way too when people (mainly pundits) talk about the "wide open space" of croke park when its just a standard pitch. The stadium gives the impression its bigger than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Forge83

PUR is bigger then Fitzgerald stadium and PUC. Hard to see many Cork fans wanting to go to this game and if they do, having any enthusiasm to give to the team. Kerry fans who can get tickets will travel. Cork are a shambles at the moment and they could be on the receiving end of a cricket score. We beat them by 22pts last year and now we look to be even better and they look to be worse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

True, but Cork beat Kerry by 2 points the year before. So you'd never know 😉

Plenty of Cork fans will still go, don't worry about us. Sure don't we normally take over Killarney, in comparison to the number of Kerry fans that normally travel to Cork!

I'm looking forward to the novelty of an inter county game between us and Kerry in Páirc Ui Rinn. Player and fans alike might enjoy the experience.

The days of 40k down the Páirc are gone anyway. Don't think it will change the result, Kerry should win well.

In fairness Cork people are great supporters of their team and this Kerry team can be poor enough on any given day so you never know, but I think odds are on straightforward but not particularly dominant Kerry win.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭highball14

Surely Croke Park has to be a bit bigger than every other pitch, It always looks to have more space than any other pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

Croke Park pitch covers an area 145m long by 88m so 1m longer than PUR!!

Comes in at number 10 according to this unofficial guide. That's what I mean about the perception of the pitch being in peoples heads. The huge stadium that surrounds the pitch creates the illusion of wide open space.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That graphic is beyond unofficial

Drives me nuts seeing it posted the whole time

How much is it out by? I thought it was as close an indicator without being official that I've seen and would have thought it's fairly close to spot on without being 100%

I simply can not believe that Austin Stack Park is a bigger pitch than Croke Park. That table must be inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Our u20's in the Munster Final vs Cork in Tralee tonight, Live on TG4 also.

Fairly poor 1st half in the 20s game. A few goal chances squandered by Kerry and handy points missed. My pet peeve of keepers coming up to take 45s and long range frees and he has been miles off with any hes taken.

If they can settle down in front of the posts, they have the winning of it.

Evan Looney with an absolute masterclass of everything you want in a young footballer. Dictating the play, 2 massive ball winning hits for a slightly built lad, defending, scoring, passing. He showed every skill possible and massive heart. I’d be fairly sure he will be on the senior squad in the next few years.

Gearoid Hassett and Jordan Kissane brought the kicking boots to get them going with 10/15 mins to go. The starting Kerry forwards way off the pace and trying to force goals. Thought Kevin Goulding was unlucky to be taken off early as he was finding some nice passes to put forwards through on goal.

Dara O Callaghan and Joey Nagle had great defensive performances.

May as well ask on the off chance.

Myself and brother have season tickets but if anyone has one and cant make the game, I'll give it a good home with my sister looking for a ticket. Would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Only hit stride in the last 10 minutes but we’ll take a win over Cork and a Munster championship any day. Looney did very well as has been mentioned, a very energetic player. I actually thought he should have been dropped after the Clare game! Credit to him he really stood up and brought the fight to Cork. I thought Keith Evans was our best player in the first half. Joey Nagle was outstanding marking Cork’s danger man, he’s strong, tight and ultra dependable. Another excellent corner back we have coming up the ranks. Dara O’Callaghan and Alan Dineen weren’t far behind him either, both excellent. It was a tough day for Dylan Geaney but he still had some touches of class, the pass for the goal was brilliant. Gearoid Hassett won the game for us I thought with his 2 points and then the speedy Jordan Kissane sealed it. If they can produce what they produced for the last 10 minutes for the full hand we’ll have an All Ireland on the way! Some of our building from the back was very slow and ponderous but at the same time we missed a lot up front which would have made the performance look a lot better. Plenty to work on but there’s still a lot of potential in this team.

Season tickets for the Cork game are available in the accounts now. Just got mine there. You need to go through the process to "buy" them but you're not charged anything.

Again, if anyone cant make it, I'll gladly use the ticket for my sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,545 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

D Moynihan obviously out injured and Geaney drops out for Tony Brosnan. The rest of the team stays the same from the League Final.

Interesting to see Stefan make the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

As expected, Sean O'Shea slots straight back into the starting fifteen, perhaps the biggest surprise is that Paul Geaney drops to the bench after a solid game in the League final, but a strong-looking panel all round:

https://www.kerrygaa.ie/team-announcement-kerry-vs-cork-munster-sfc-semi-final/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ian Maguire... definitely, definitely out with a broke hand 2 days ago but named to start midfield.

I'm shocked...

It makes a mockery of the promotion of the game really when it’s so obvious that’s a dummy team from Cork. An extremely unlikeable team and management off the field. I hope we put a cricket score on them and as Paudie would say put them back on their arses for ten years.

Delighted with the starting 15. Would have Moynihan ahead of O Brien but obviously not fit. Would like to see this game over by half time with Okunbor, Moran and O Connor given as many minutes as possible even if O Connor goes to the half forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CP05

Did you get sorted?

I have a spare free ticket. Your profile is set to private, can't PM you.

• Advertisement

Yep, she got one off the club, thanks very much though.

Advertisement