Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon Knight - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I think they are just using mirrors as it's easier to show them talk to each other in the real world than just voice in his head. Makes it easier for the audience to see the difference between Stephen and Marc too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Felt like an odd episode, it felt both rushed and slow at the same time and almost like it wasn't episode 3 but further into the series (I actually thought I missed something).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

My thoughts too - it's like we've been dropped into the middle of the story. I'm sure anyone that has read the source are fine but for anyone else we're trying to work out what the hell is happening. I'm just not grabbed by the story yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think I'm done with this show. I could find certain positives in the previous episodes but that one was just pure garbage.

The scene involving the gods passing judgement was like something from a bad amateur dramatics performance. The storyline is confusing gobbledygook involving characters searching for a magical item to unleash some mystical spell that we have to trust is very important yet the stakes feel contrived. That's bad enough but it's worse when the characters are so wooden and boring. The protagonist has two personalities and neither are remotely endearing. Khonshu has been presented as unlikeable which meant what happened to him at the end of the episode evoked nothing from me. The costume looks so phony in the CGI scenes too. This is one of the worst things Marvel has done. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Yeh this had unfortunately gone the way I predicted it would, stretching out the plot and mysteries needlessly. I'm enjoying the performances but they show around them is just poor. The DID is so poorly explained, I don't know if it's done deliberately for the mystery of it's just bad writing. The trial was laughably, Harrow has an Ammit tattoo on his arm and they didn't think to mention it as evidence. Konshu was like "our case has to be air tight" and their case was like "him, he's a baddun". The show just looks so cheap as well, the fight and chase at the start, the CGI on the Moon Knight suit. I'll keep watching but if this wasn't Marvel, I probably wouldn't.

• Advertisement

Should have gone the dark route - find the "in your face" comedy totally off putting, it's not Deadpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

After an excellent first 2 episodes, the 3rd was a mess. It was all over the place. Very chaotic. Almost seemed like a different show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The quality of the Marvels TV Projects has been weirdly more hit than miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jude Law was meant to be Australian in that film apparently...

The accent isnt a massive distraction in this any more for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Third episode was fairly awful. Action scenes are very dull and the plot is beyond nonsensical. Pity as the first episode was very good and had potential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Same. First episode left high hopes. I was thinking they'd go the dark route - instead it's the same tired Marvel boilerplate stuff over again. The attempted comedy takes away from what should be a pretty dark and more violent series which would be far better and refreshing in my opinion.

Also the story, at least up to the middle of episode 3, is actually quite confusing at times which from a screen writing perspective is unforgivable.

In the end it will be the same as the other Marvel miniseries - totally forgettable.

That's a shame because it's obvious they had the material to work with here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Have to go against the grain here and say I am enjoying this. The suit looks quite bad and yeah the humour can be annoying at times but Oscar Isaacs is somehow holding the show together. Like Loki I think they have made the plot that much more different than the usual marvel plots that is it was worthwhile making this show. Realistically all the marvel movies will probably be forgotten in the future, doubt any of them are classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

It's all a bit odd, turn up a rich guys house where he allows them to see his treasured mummy, all a bit James Bond.

Then the trial where he doesn't even warn them about the raisng of Ahmed.

I'm sure the womans fancy iPad could have recreated the sky from 2000 years ago if need be.

Anyway, I'll keep watching, might pick up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Ha. I was thinking the same. When she was looking at the stars through her tablet I was thinking "I'm sure I've seen an app for that".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Well that was an interesting ending. Can't wait for next episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: Some dull but some spooky moments.

That ending though! lol, I was totally like..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm a bit split personality myself. On one hand it's great to have an original series standing on it's own two feet, on the other though it's hard to see this as an entry into the MCU. Apart from the main title screen and the odd bus ad, there's no real easter eggs or reminders that we're in a shared universe.

As an Egyptology themed episode I liked it but the series still hasn't grabbed me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

For about 35-40 minutes of that episode I was tethering on boredom, could really have called the entire show 'Archaeology Man' (even though he's almost a side-kick in his own show) for the amount we have seen of Moon Knight.

Those last few minutes swayed back some interest though, but with only 2 episodes left there seems to be a lot to tie up and tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Definitely enjoyed that more than last week. Ending very intriguing. I thought of Legion too but also this

• Advertisement

its a bit like the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies- a bit silly but enjoyable if you turn your brain off. It doesnt feel like a Marvel property which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Its decent. I thought the first episode was like Venom (TERRIBLE movie) where the inside voice was all sarcastic and trying to be funny but that seems to have stop - thankfully.

As mentioned before its just a switch the brain off and watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Enjoying this but it definetly needed that last 10 minute switch up in the format in order to keep it from getting a bit too deep into being an Indiana Jones knockoff with added personalities. I like that they've sidelined MoonKnight. He's too much of a deus ex machina that could be used to resolve any conflict. They managed to limit his use well enough for the first 3 episodes but they needed to properly take him out of the equation to let Marc and Stephen stay front and center. He is of course going to be back for the final episode so I can wait for the final act action.

RE the ending of ep 4, I'm guessing because he was shot / died in the temple water he's on some astro/god plane which he will have to escape and by doing so will revive in the real world. The Hippo seemed friendly so maybe she'll help.

I enjoyed the horror/ Tomb raider type segments, it fleshed out Layla and didnt make her a Mary sue. Moon Knight does seems to have no discernable weaknesses. Can be shot/stabbed no problem. Its only though the other gods stupidity and Laylas and Marks bad decision making that the villain is doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

I watched the available episodes with my kids yesterday, they were disappointed that they have to wait to see the next two episodes. I found it entertaining enough but I'm unsure as to how it will fit together with the MCU or maybe that's the point, they've made the series because they can and people will watch it.

My thoughts on episode 4 is that Marc Spector being shot and presumably killed in the tomb is uncannily like the events of the Moon Knight character's origin story in the comics.

It would be an interesting twist to see him restored to life as Ammit's avatar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

4 episodes in and honestly still don't really know what's going on. Can't get in to it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm kind of ambivalent about the show overall, even with the ending of Episode 4. It's fine. I enjoy the performances, but there's very little going on. Plus I saw f*ck all of Episode 4 because of how dark it was.

The ending of Episode 4 might efinitely be the thing to tip the show into something interesting, but so far, it's all just... fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Is the one who plays Layla Irish by any chance. It seems an accent is slipping in and out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

From IMDB

May Calamawy (born October 28, 1986) is a Bahraini born, Egyptian-Palestinian actress. She completed her undergrad in Acting at Emerson College and continued her studies at William Esper. She is known for the Hulu series Ramy, Marvel's Moon Knight for Disney+, National Geographic's The Long Road Home, CBS' FBI and Madame Secretary, and NBC's The Brave.

There is a clearly Irish actor there though, the bearded "cop" who is one of Harrow's goons. IMDB tells me that David Ganly played Ben Dunne in RTÉs Charlie Haughy drama a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Thanks, I wonder was she going for a "British" accent and sure aren't we all the one anyway...

Advertisement