Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 allgoodboss

I haven't got a clue what you're talking about. You're waffling. The superfluous wording in your posts have the opposite effect you're going for and make you sound stupid by the way.

Can you do me a favor, and surmise what exactly your problem is with immigrants? And support your claim somehow with evidence?

If you ever get to the real world summarising information and supporting it with data is a valuable skill, let's see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pluckyplucky

"You sound too smart to be smart!"

I just did summarise the issue. Try using your superior intellect to read a single sentence. I'm rooting for you.

Now off you go, kneel down beside your bed and recite your internet mantra's, two -isms and at least three -ists before hopping into bed, and should you die in your sleep, pray for the pavlovian gods your carcass to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭jmreire

As it came from Helen McEntee, might be a good idea to ask her???

You're speaking in riddles and don't really have anything to say.

You should look up utilitarianism. It might change your mind on the big bad immigrants who just want a better life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The clammy weather is the only reason I’m sweating tbh 😖

Ireland had that referendum already, back in 2004, it changed precisely nothing. The numbers of immigrants shot up exponentially, so when you’re sitting in the cafe and you’re trying to persuade anyone to look around and see that half the people are visibly not from this country -

while completely ignoring that they're in a cafe where half the people are visibly not from this country, failing to make the obvious connection of hundreds of thousands of people arriving into the country and it's impact on housing.

The most obvious question I would think of is how can you tell?

The second question is what is your point about the obvious connection of hundreds of thousands of people arriving into this country and it’s impact on housing, and why should I care?

That leaves you in a position where you have to make what can only be described as an irrational appeal to my feelings, by trying to convince me that I should care for your feelings.

I have no doubt you’re smart enough to have figured out the problem with your own approach and how it isn’t going to work on people who don’t feel the same way you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mr.KarateII

The last couple of years don't mean anything to you?

What did Helen McEntee say that make you think people will loose their homes? Humour me.

Better ask her, and get it straight from the horses mouth, OK? That way no confusion.

Ah here. Come on man. Is this the level. Can nobody back up anything round here?!

• Advertisement

"We all ready had that referendum in 2004". Don't insult my intelligence with that craptacular comparison. Just don't do it. What you are presenting as honesty is straight up misinformation. Don't do the bs with spelling out what it was, I know what it was, and it isn't what I suggested. I'm not dancing that dance. Stop there.

"How could one visibly notice the visibly different in a cafe"?". Again, unless you aren't aware of the concept or existence of eyeballs, just stop insulting people's intelligence. Stop.

"What is your point about the connection between hundreds of thousands of extra people arriving into a country, and the chronologically incident decrease in available housing?" Just stop playing the fool. Stop.

And then you bizarrely insinuate that I'm trying to appeal to your emotions. What?! What, what, what??

And you have no doubt that "my appeal to people's feelings" won't work. What, in the ever loving f**k, are you smoking?

Seriously, I don't mind idiots, it's not their fault. But this disingenuous horsesh*t "style" of conversation is an utter waste of time and I'll admit that people who behave like you do agitate me. I don't like liars, I don't like bulls**ters and pretentious honest John's "just asking questions". If the above farce of an attempt at gaslighting isn't demonstrable of a genuinely vanishingly few amount of people, then I don't know what is*

*I do know.

What? Why should I "back up anything" for you? I'm not your secretary. Check it out yourself, and then you will know.

You think reading a single sentence is "a riddle".

You're asking that bloke to "humour you" by providing you with a sentence a few posts back stated by a politician that's in the news. Then, when he rightfully doesn't, you accuse him of "not being able to back anything up".

You do realise you're a complete joke, right? You want to stick your nut into a conversation because it upsets your emotions, but wouldn't you know, golly darn, you actually don't have anything to say. You're the equivalent of a bloke who pisses his trousers to get attention rather than use your words then gurn all pleased as your nappy is changed. Literally, a distraction from reality and actual conversation. Interference.

It's not clever, or new, or interesting.

OEJ, there really is no point quoting me, because I'm not going to respond to you.

We've danced down this garden path many many times, with you crying that I'm being dishonest, and my screaming frustration over your reading between the lines, or returning to points that were previously countered.

It goes on and on, and it's no fun for anyone to read (or to skip past to get to something better)

Nope. The masochistic side of me would like to do it again, but it's really not worth it... as pages on pages earlier in the thread can testify. Wibbs has more patience than I do. I'll leave it to him to dance circles around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ATR72

Who do they expect to pay for all these houses? There are political parties on the left who want to bring back birthright citizenship which will just lead to a surge in illegal immigration. And take in more refugees on top of that.

Wouldn't it be more incorrect to not be agitated with a person acting the fool?

"Oh look, my purposefully agitating crap has agitated someone, tee hee!"

Very clever. Stick your name in for the next Nobel competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

You brought up the idea of being able to tell just by looking at anyone that they weren’t from this country, and you brought up the idea of a referendum. It was only reasonable to assume you were referring to citizenship, which is why I pointed out that we’ve had that referendum already.

What part of the Consitution are you suggesting should be put to a referendum then, and what outcome are you hoping for?

I’m not gaslighting you at all, I’m asking you questions based upon the opinions you have expressed so far. There’s no shortage of housing, there’s an abundance of properties for sale.

You’re obviously opposed to the idea of the State purchasing private property to provide accommodation for people in service of the common good, so I’m wondering do you have a solution which would maintain the value of private property for its owners, while also making accommodation available for those people who can’t afford to purchase private property?

Why would anyone who owns private property support someone who wants to tank the value of their property? I’m guessing you didn’t mean a referendum to remove the right of individuals to own property from the Constitution, ceding all property rights to the State.

I still genuinely don't know what your problem is with immigration though. Something about housing, RTE and the upper class or something. Muddled and vaguely conspiratorial. Like your man and his Helen McEntee is stealing our homes waffle.

• Advertisement

And....? Yes its a poorly worded statement, but genuine question - do you really think the government is going to start forcing people? Is there any precedence or legal mechanism here? Or would they just invent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The mechanism of new laws enacted.

already is inheritance tax / CAT tax.

Which is taxing something and resources belonging to people that has been taxed already. Multiple fûcking times.

go the full hog and inherited property appropriation is the next step.

What western democracy in the world has "inherited property appropriation"? It sounds made up but I'll happily cede the point if it's a thing.

Edit: and what would the scope be of "inherited property appropriation"? Also, isn't inheritance tax and CAT pretty much the normal practice everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭alexv

This ad is a multicultural masterpiece of problem solving, social engineering, and blank souled cynicism.

There's a need for a clown and a

straight man, and by process of elimination the female of colour obviously can't be the clown.

So the Irish young fella gets to chivalrously play the buffoon. He does a great job: neurotic, passive, almost effeminate - he lives in a fooking lighthouse with his weirdo Irish indigenous family. He needs to be saved.

No worries! British commercial giants, Vodafone, are going to enlist the help of the cool, calm, collected, and heartwarmingly generous immigrant (or perfectly adjusted offspring of African immigrants) to rescue the desperate Celt from an unimaginably bleak future.

I think the ad agency call it "Paddy Rapunzel's interracial hope of reproduction".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Australia, China, Mexico, Singapore, Sweden, Israel,Serbia to name a handful don’t have inheritance tax.

mechanisim to take homes ? They just need to make up a law, have it enacted :)

Passed by the Dail and Seanad it’s law.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting here, but isn't having no inheritance tax a good thing?

Do you really think any western government would get away with making up a "property appropriation " law and it would pass? That's a pretty big statement, is there any precedence, anywhere, to reference? Like anything at all as a reference point.

Jaysus, the amount of housing stock owned by councils is about to increase greatly, feckin great news for the Ukrainian folks coming here and in the longer term, when many return home, those housing units will be available for the longer term.

China

All land is owned by the State/CCP, so people lease the land for segments of 30/60/99 years.. but the government can reclaim the land at any time. There is no legal defence against land seizure. People can own the buildings.. but... yeah.

So, perhaps they're not a useful example. haha.

Would it bother you as much if they were two white, English people?

Edit: what's really bothering you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement