Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIL 2021-2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

No. been teams whove scored 90+. Waterpark and few other clubs in seasons they went down to junior definitely conceded 90+ and im fairly sure theres been a side or two to have conceded more than 100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I can't ever remember Ballymena conceding 80+ points in any fixture in my 50+ years of following club rugby.

This famous club won AIL in 2003 and WJ McBride and other greats from the past must be wondering what has happened to what was once a great club. Scoreline like that is embarassing to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Q put over 50 on Malone recently and they are a league above. Q have put over 50 on a number of clubs this year. Basically they should not be in 2A.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭OldRio

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭timothydec77

I suppose Rte are busy with Gaa championship.

Having just one match on tv doesn't achieve much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Does anyone know if the 1b final is being broadcast anywhere?

Not being streamed. There is commentary through irfu

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

Shannon into Div1a next season after a great win over Naas 30-15 in Coonagh today

Ballinahinch 31 UCC 17 Ballinahinch promoted to 1A

Banbridge 24 Navan 0. Navan relegated to 2A

Enniscorthy 41 Skerries 15. Enniscorthy promoted to 2B

Ballina 15 Galwegians 3. Ballina relegated to 2C

City Of Derry 17 Clonmel 8. Derry relegated to junior

Greystones 23 Blackrock 25. Blackrock promoted to 2A

Nenagh 26 Rainey 13. Rainey relegated to 2B

Queens 17 Buccaneers 18. Buccaneers promoted to 1B

Shannon 30 Naas 15. Shannon promoted to 1A

You may eat your words. Queens beaten at home and they stay in 2A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Steady on. 1 point win. Fair play to bucks doing it when they needed to but feel for Queens. Regularly beat 1B teams. Best team in the league all season but no automatic qualification this year due to covid…

that’s knock out rugby for ye.

Yes, apologies for my put down. You're right re ko rugby. Queens missed a conversion to win. They must be gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭timothydec77

Ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Thoroughly enjoying the AIL final. Just six points in it with 15 minutes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

All those penalties in front of the post in the first half cost Terenure this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Clontarf wins 29-23. They pulled away from about minutes 30-50 and built a big enough lead that they couldn't be caught.

Feel a bit for Terenure. Did brilliantly to work their way back into the game and were by far the better side in the final 30 minutes. Great set piece and phase play up front. Just couldn't get the final try despite being camped in Clontarfs 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

It was a decent match, I had expected more handling errors with all the rain that had fallen between yesterday and today.

Clontarf well worth their win, just had a bit more on the day.

Havent seen game in full yet bc of work. have it recorded to watch some time during week

seems ok crowd as well at game. awards to be held soon as well

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2022/04/27/nominations-open-for-energiaail-awards-2021-22/

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

First time posting in a long time, took a break from internetting!

A fantastic year, the last two weeks in Nure have been incredible. Some of the best craic I've ever had. Really proud of the side and to be from there.

Best team won the league, no complaints here and they did it missing Leinster lads who had been regulars.

What a league. Only gossip was that was Tony Ryan's last game for Clontarf, he is moving to Wexford and playing with Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭luke9311

He will be a big loss for tarf thats for sure. Look in a way in my own opinion i think the best two team form wise in the league got two the final but i had tarf in my head going into the final tarf would win it based on previous experience on finals etc etc. Be interesting to see who goes from either of thoughs sides or any other team for that matter retirement wise as im hearing alot of the con lads retiring. Also be interesting to see if any of the championship or provincial sides offer any of the players a contract off the back of the season. From a 1b perspective i think peter osborne has been class this season and possibily worth of something, donnellan as well possibly worth of a shout with the season hes had if any clubs do come looking...

• Advertisement

Yeah its been a fantastic year, great to see lads from down the leagues play on the irish 20s etc. You don't have to move clubs to make it.

I have not seen him play but my mates in Belvo say that Peter Osbourne might be the best place kicker they have ever seen, never mind just AIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

AIL Club XV team:

15. Alex Molloy (Old Wesley RFC)

14. Sean Galvin (Lansdowne FC)

13. Stephen Madigan (Lansdowne FC)

12. Justin Leonard (Old Belvedere RFC)

11. Craig Adams (Terenure College RFC)

10. Aran Egan (Dublin University FC)

9. Richie Fahy (UCD RFC)

1. Adam Coyle (Naas RFC)

2. Levi Vaughan (Terenure College RFC)

3. Ben Griffin (Clontarf FC)

4. JJ O’Dea (Old Wesley RFC)

5. Cormac Daly (Clontarf FC)

6. Harrison Brewer (Terenure College RFC) CAPTAIN

7. Ronan Watters (St Mary’s College RFC)

8. Conal Boomer (Terenure College RFC)

Replacements:

16. Luke Thompson (Lansdowne FC)

17. Harry Noonan (Old Wesley RFC)

18. Luke Rigney (Shannon RFC)

19. Jamie Berrisford (Dublin University FC)

20. Josh Pim (Old Wesley RFC)

21. Oscar Cawley (Naas RFC)

22. Caolan Dooley (Terenure College RFC)

23. Jack Keating (Old Belvedere RFC)

Is this your team, or an official team or what exactly?

Why isn't Dylan Donnellan there after scoring something like 18 tries this season from hooker?

Sorry, have seen on another thread it's the team facing a Leinster Development side tomorrow, so understand the selection more now, and the strong Dublin slant to the selection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Stainalert

link for the Leinster ‘A’ match this evening

https://youtu.be/MdQibbRFcII 

Stream will start at 7:15pm 

This was called late in the day.

Some lads only trained on the Thursday (Nure lads for sure and probably Tarf)

Other lads going away with better halves. I know one of our lads couldn't play cause had a family communion today and didn't want to rock up black and blue maybe

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Think most of the Tarf lads were still in the pub to be fair.

Awards for season have been announced

Cormac Daly Clontarf 1A player of season

Moment of the Year was awarded to Stephen O'Neill of Terenure, for his run down of a Garryowen player.

Alex and Ivan Soroka won the Positive Energy Award for their fundraising for Ukraine.

1B Player Of The Division: JJ O’Dea, Old Wesley

2A Player Of The Division: David Whitten, Queen’s University

2B Player Of The Division: Cathal Forde, Galway Corinthians

2C Player Of The Division: Niall Parker, Enniscorthy

Men's AIL Coach of the Year – Andy Wood, Clontarf Rugby Club

Community Hero Award - Conall Fitzpatrick, Waterpark RFC

Club Scene Award – Terenure College RFC

AIL ref panels for next season have been announced.

• Advertisement

Transfer talk already upon us. Jack Keating, the Belvo winger, joining Clontarf.

Advertisement