Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When this fight happens, Jake Paul vs Mcgregor

• 26-12-2021 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Who you got?

Every scenario in my mega boxing mind, sees jake Paul winning

Mcgregor isn't heavy handed, has average footwork, and below average stamina...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

2 of the biggest egotistical dillholes in the world, the build up alone would be comedy gold. McGregor is best off staying away, what legacy he had created for himself is tarnished, near beyond repair, and a loss to this pleb would be the end of him.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

paul is 20-30lbs heavier, he’d knock that other clown out in 2 rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

2 clowns. I won't be watching it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Conor will land clean and jake paul will be all over the place, Conor would win fairly handy, I would give Paul a punchers chance as his power isn't bad.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

I hate to say it but this fight would be huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think Paul knocks him out. Conor is just a pot shot boxer. No more. Paul is not up to much, but still enough to beat Conor

McGregors boxing v Mayweather was horrendous in my opinion.

Jake Pauls boxing before the knockout against Woodley was horrendous.

Paul's size might be the deciding factor.

If Jake Paul beats Conor McGregor then it really does show up the level of boxing in UFC as very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Will it be on monday night raw?

Yes will be a TLC briefcase match against the Dudley Boyz hardy boys and edge + Christian with Barack Obama as the special guest referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm waiting for McGregor/Paul tag team v The Bushwhackers match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

It's not boxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yep and to be fair Jake has dedicated his last few years to boxing unlike Conor. I dunno if it will happen, but Conor will get hurt if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Anything4883

This should go in Television- Reality TV forum and not boxing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Purists will of course sh!t on this but it will be most televised fight in history. Paul to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Ham_Sandwich

m&a is rubbish two guys pretending to do boxing and kicks then they grab onto each other and fall on the ground and roll around on the floor for 45 mins dunno who the other guy is but conor is a joke he made money by being a mouth not by being any use

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michaelvvmoreno

I think it will be an even fight, but Paul will win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Jake Paul to win easy for me, and i don't see him as the same sort of person as Mcgregor at all, for a start he's intelligent and witty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

And some of the actual boxing matches taking place these days should go in the "You Laugh you Lose thread"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭dubrov

Snoop Dogg better be commentating if this goes ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

MMA on the street woukd beat boxing any day. In the ring the two are very different sports. Conor was only ever just a good amateur.

• Advertisement

McGregor was never a good amateur. He did a wee bit of boxing to novice level and finished with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Correct he never even fought as an Amateur , As you rightly say he was novice & that's it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers of all time. It would be strange if he didn't make all but elite boxers look bad.

Woodley was an All-American Wrestler.

The two are really not comparable.

Boxing skills won’t matter too much. Both are novice like, but Paul more dedicated to it. And a fair bit bigger. Likely much fitter cardio wise for boxing as well. He’d KO McGregor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paul seems to be making a decent go of boxing. He is better than people want to admit.

But I'd also like to see him fight a boxer - but he's ironically grown past that at this point.

I agree with you. There is a kind of arrogance in the pro boxing community when it comes to beginners like him daring to challenge the game.

It’s rather simple: in pro boxing, there are levels: Useless, very poor, poor, ok, not bad, good, very good and special.

Paul beats a whole heap here in some levels, including that chancer, Tommy Fumbles.

Paul never gets past the ok, not-bad level in my view.

Its impossible to judge Paul , how can we have any idea how good he is,

Basically its like beating a few ex GAA players who are retired and smaller than me in 5 a side & claiming i should play in the Premier league,

He hasn't fought a pro boxer,, he hasn't fought an active fighter of any discipline & He hasn't fought anyone his own age & he hasn't fought anyone his size,

All good pro boxers starting out are fed absolute shams. Boxers a lot worse than Jake Paul. Paul is a novice pro on a YouTube journey. He’s only 4-5 fights in. He’ll likely never get above very ordinary level.

Id still bet my house he’d knock Conor out. Conor is not at all a good boxer. He’s an MMA striker.

• Advertisement

Yep....3-4 inches taller than Mcregor, and Paul seems to be at least training as a boxer only....

Put it this way, Conor has a KO chance, but so does Paul, and I'd bet my bottom dollar, Paul's cardio is way better for boxing than Conor's

McGregor gets knocked out or falls over from exhaustion with 5-6 rds

Advertisement