Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte - Wembley Stadium - April 23rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I really hope Tyson fights on. There are still two fighters left that would be huge era type fights. Usyk and AJ.

Now, if Usyk beats AJ again, then the steam is totally gone from Fury-AJ, but if AJ beats Usyk, it is absolutely game on between the three of them.

AJ wins: AJ/Fury has to happen.

Usyk wins: Usyk/Fury has to happen.

otherwise this era is a bit up in the air!

Usyk has most the belts, and if AJ beats him he has most the belts

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

I have no idea what Whytes game plan was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

So wrong on both accounts 😁

I'm neither pro or anti Fury but definitely think Whyte is a dosser and always have.

Speaking of scutter, plenty if not more comes from the anti Fury brigade.

He just could not get any offence at all..

thing is: most the night he was manoeuvring Fury around the ring, but unable to inflict any offence.

plus, Fury is a huge man who has actual huge man talent!

Whyte’s really a grade C level fighter. Just that the era is so weak, he is rated high

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really thought Whyte would offer a little more, was an easy nights work for Fury who probably could have ended it earlier if he stepped on it.

He won't retire just yet as he wants those belts back, Usyk or Joshua in the summer and then probably call it a day, he's just so far ahead of the posse there's no point, and he's not interested in fighting tosh.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Usyk/Joshua are fighting in the summer..

Fury won’t be fighting either until earliest end of this year, should he not retire!

Disappointed in Whyte also. He waited so long for that shot and just let it pass him by.

He could have potentially went hell for leather early on or tried to attack the body but he did nothing but look absolutely clueless. Granted Fury deserves credit for that also.

Whyte lived up to his reputation last night and he's now nothing more than a gate keeper.

I’m reading a lot about why Whyte did this and that.

have folks not followed his career? He is as good as he is, which is not very good. Been lighter and heavier during fights.

you said it: always a plodder.

are people thinking had he been say, 235 lbs he magically would have done far better?

he still would only have a Hail Mary chance. Fury is far better than Whyte.

even the Hail Mary would be difficult, because it’s a left hook, and with Tyson’s height and range, that shot is difficult to get properly. Whyte has a good jab, but against the clearly bigger Fury, who knows how to use distance and range, the Whyte jab is a nothing…

Ah yes of course, maybe they can convince AJ to step aside!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Just a thought on the whole era thing and what could be said of AJ-Fury:

Fury: you got stopped by a fat Ruiz.

AJ: you beat up on a lad I knocked out 7 years ago, and who a washed up Povetkin knocked out 2 years ago.

What is glaring: Fury and AJ have no real common opponent where one beat and the other didn’t.

the era needs to be sorted. And if AJ beats Usyk, he can say he beat one the best, and avenged both his losses, and again regained his belts.

Fury needs to box and beat either Usyk or AJ, or both to really pull clear!

Post edited by walshb on

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wait till Usyk KO's AJ in the rematch and the hype for Fury-Usyk will be off the scale. Really hope Fury steps up and fights him.

Lots of interesting fights to be made at heavyweight regardless of what happens. AJ, Wilder and Whyte can still have big fights among themselves and whoever comes out on top will probably get another crack at Fury/Uysk.

I don't know why an L has to be such a big deal in boxing.

Please, for the sake of sanity, can we just banish Whyte from real HW conversations.

As for an AJ/Whyte rematch.

Whyte has exact same chance as last night. Hail Mary.

better chance scoring it v AJ, but other than this chance, AJ obliterates him points or KO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

On reflection the most disappointing thing about Whyte last night is that he didn't even try to have a go. If he'd had a go he probably would have lost even earlier but at least he could say he tried. He just took the pay day last night.

If AJ loses to Usyk then its probably the match that makes the most sense. Would do good numbers this side of the pond. He's probably one of the bigger names that AJ could fight without too much risk. Whyte would probably be game for a payday and might fancy his chances.

Personally would prefer to see AJ/Wilder.

Yes. A round or more....

And what stood out for me was a combination that Fury is good at, but with not near the power (I don't think) of an AJ/Wilder.

The straight 1-2 he was throwing and landing on Whyte, albeit Whyte was blocking part of it. AJ and Wilder would get that off vs. Whyte early, to close the show. Whyte is just too slow and stationary.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its hard to tell,

Has Whyte improved at all maybe he has and Fury is just that good, Whyte looked visibly shaken on his ring walk looked nervous as hell,

I still think Whyte gives AJ a really tough fight, AJ seems to be going backwards

• Advertisement

The shot a more a slashing/whip across left side Whyte's face. Whyte was also quiet tired. Ready to go. Very likely a fitter/fresher Whyte shakes it off.

Good shot, but Fury could probably land harder than that.

Yes. But the demand/appetite and magnitude won't be as big

Whyte looked dreadful last night, so on how he performed last night, I cannot see how AJ doesn't blow him away.

Forgetting Fury for a minute: Whyte's feet and body movement were atrocious. He's just a stationary lump.

AJ already knocked him out, albeit 7 years ago, but that night 7 years ago vs how he looked last night........well....

Even if AJ today is not as good as AJ from a few years ago, he will still easily beat Whyte, barring a hail Mary. Whyte has next to nothing. He hasn't a hope in hell of beating AJ on points.

Same for Whyte v Usyk-Wilder: Both beat him 99/100........

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Fury is not retiring.... There is a video doing the rounds of Fury telling BT Sport that he is retiring and in the backround his wife can be seen saying No Chance..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

One of the judges gave Whyte rounds 2 and 3

After 5 rds one the pundits, maybe Richie had it 3-1; or maybe it was Haye.....

Richie might have had it 5-0

I don't think Whyte is as bad as he showed, Fury has a habit of making opponents look terrible as he likes to nullify them before he dismantles them. Whyte would be alot more competitive against most of the other top 10.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I wouldn't judge any fighter on how they would do against others based on fights with Fury,

He's to tall, long, arkward, big and quick, he's something they never seen before,

I honestly think the size of the night got to Whyte he looked frozen

Advertisement