Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Webtexts

Options
  • 17-01-2021 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Anyone else notice that Eir seems to have removed the facility to send web texts from their online portal\mobile phone app?

Any information available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

Anyone else notice that Eir seems to have removed the facility to send web texts from their online portal\mobile phone app?

Any information available?

I'm a prepay customer and can't seem to log into what was myeir via web browser. Can't say I received any correspondence re changes so also v confused as to what they're at. .

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

fed_u wrote: »
    I'm a prepay customer and can't seem to log into what was myeir via web browser. Can't say I received any correspondence re changes so also v confused as to what they're at. .

I'm nearly the exact same as that. I have a Broadband service and can log in under that account and see my monthly bill but no web texts. Then I also have a prepay service under a different account but can't log in under that account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They announced a few months ago that prepay webtext was ending in December 2020. My Eir is down since then for what Eir call "service improvement" and have been tweeting since then that they're "working hard to fix it".

There's a 3rd party app that might work if you want to check whether webtext is still available on eir's server...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ingamedeo.eiriewebtext

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

As a bill pay customer I just logged in today (9 Nov 2021) and see a webtext facility. I don't know about availability on the pay-as-you-go service.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pjmw

webtext seems to have disappeared for bill pay customers also.

It used to be at

but that page is now asking me to log in again (even though I am already logged in) and diverting to

where I can find no mention of webtext. A search for webtext at

also produces 0 results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Eir Webtext still working fine for me on Billpay. Perhaps they were doing temporary maintenance on the site when you were trying to use it?

Advertisement