Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Would have taken the one to left middle there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Oh man Wilson should have gone for the red by the middle pocket, he had the angle to come back down for the black.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Butchered attempt at the 147 by Wilson. Probably won't ever see a better chance, everything laid out for him. He kind of found himself there by accident than by design anyway.

Fouldsy was implying the red to left middle was too tight/wrong angle - something like that - to pot it with the required pace to get back down for black,,

looked the shot to me going by my view of the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭raclle

Are all the ex players on Eurosport just spoofers?

• Advertisement

Fouldsy knows his stuff tbf

twice I saw him use the 'white line on screen' during live play (must be a new thing) in the Higgins' match, and both times he called it right 👍️

wouldn't call him a spoofer - he's forgotten more about snooker than most of us will never know 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,874 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'd consider him to be one of the top commentators.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,714 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There was a nice little mini-docu on Doug Wood there in one of the intervals

Pity the BBC don't use the proper tune anymore though, what they have now is complete crap.

He did the definitive 80s darts theme too 😃

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Can Stuart show Kyren how a 147 should be done? Onto the 11th black at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Ah balls, runs out of position on the 13th black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Terrible miss from Wilson. This is Binghams to win

The first time I heard Joe Perry commentating, not knowing who it was, I was sure it was Judd Trump in the commentary box. You can imagine my confusion then in a later match when Perry was commenting on a Judd Trump match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Wilson has a weak mentality. Himself and Lisowski always bottle it when it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Right on cue, he bottles a good chance.

Ballrunning away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Hendry is right. Noppon should have taken that tough red there.

Go on Noppon!

Saengkham just missed out on a 147 there as well. Could have had 2 maximums in the same session.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Barry hearn must have widened the pockets again

Hard to take these breaks seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I thought I was a reasonably polite, civilized person until I saw Noppon shake Higgins' hand for 15 seconds and bow to him 8 times. Fairly sure he would have bowed to every single person in the Crucible if there wasn't another match on. What a man.

Guess he had to, to make up for yesterday's 'body check' at end of earlier session, perhaps 😂 that was funny - with Noppon celebrating as he got out of session 1 at 4 apiece 😁 giving it large he was, and he accidentally bumped into Higgins after his saluting the crowd antics 🤗

another one for the highlight reel that

• Advertisement

Gawd how did that brown go in. It didn't even seem to hit the jaw.

Post edited by AllForIt on

Gwan Stewey 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 18,720 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think the ‘Wilting Warrior’ made it easy for Bingham. A run of simple shots missed for that level.Unforgivable to happen so frequently.

I think Wilson needs to take a leaf out of Bingham’s book. Just enjoy it for what it is. Obviously there is some tension.

However Wilson gets too emotional.

All that talking to himself etc. Looked on the verge of tears. Very difficult to play snooker under pressure as it is. But he ends up sabotaging himself IMO.

Also amuses me how Bingham not as naturally gifted as many top players seems to love those long crucible matches. While others crumble under the weight of it all.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

No harm to see Wilson out - that preshot routine he does is annoying,,,

would like to see McGill beat Trump tonight, but the deficit looks too much,,,

hopefully Jack/Robbo match goes close - for the entertainment value,,, would like to see Lisowski win, but hard to see him advance past QF if he does

• Registered Users Posts: 34,714 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Getting withdrawal symptoms here, no more snooker until 7pm...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Yeah I agree about Bingham. I think his game and mentality are suited to the longer, higher pressure matches, usually deals with it pretty well. Absolutely strolled to a Masters win 3 or 4 years ago, by just going out and enjoying himself, takes the pressure off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

'Wonderful' Ken Doherty is at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

This is only going one way

I'd be putting a few bob on Robertson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

What a terrible shot from Lisowski, you just can't do that at this level, no pressure on that safety at all and he messes it up and hands the frame to Robertson.

The thing with Lisowski is that a terrible shot is never far away, still favor Robbo to win this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is this a 3rd possible 147 in the one day???

Advertisement