Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces ultimate hell week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Absolutely number 11 I can see winning it. He was an irish thai boxing champion. And more importantly, probably most importantly for this show , he is an endurance runner/athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Yeah being bulky for this is a disadvantage. Lads with high strength to bodyweight proportions do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I didn't realise that the UK SAS version had started as well - just watching the opening titles of the first one, and they seem to have upped the ante this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

This women are as strong as men thing has become ridiculous.

Women are as strong and stronger in some areas. Pain tolerance, emotionally. Women hunger strikers have been remarkable. Women are the equal of men in politics and business and most occupations.

However a woman will never win the Tour de France, never beat a man at any running race from 100m to marathon. Be able to fill in for a male player on an international rugby team. Play top league soccer in La Liga, the Premiership. Beat a man for the World Boxing Heavyweight championship.

These are just facts. That last lady interviewed by the DS was on a bit of an anti men rant. We can be as strong as you at everything, that's biologically impossible.

Physical strength alone won't get you through this series.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying that.

It's the attitude of that lady that women can be as good as men at everything.

She brought gender into the conversation in a chip on the shoulder manner.

Think of Grace from series 1 who completed the course. Pure class, none of this I'm doing it for the sisterhood BS.

I don't recall her saying "everything "

You sound very defensive, why shouldn't she be confident about her ability to do as well as the men?

She had a rant about men thinking they're so strong and tough. It was rooted in negativity.

You seem a little off yourself. I see you called out anyone who criticised participants to take part themselves. It's worth reminding that this is a forum for commenting on people who put themselves forward for a reality TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I’ve been watching it and it is not as good as previous seasons. It is really missing Ant Middleton. The new American guy Rene has the looks but unfortunately he is just a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Jesus 22 is insufferable.

Looks like a fella who'd kill his own granny if it meant he got a promotion.

• Advertisement

Just like Roy Keane's accent gets more Cork the angrier he gets, so to does DS Stafford get more and more Wexford townie the madder he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I prefer the Wicklow setting over this Cork one. So far this series is not as good as last year.

22 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

He's a pain in the hole to be around. Loves his own voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Jesus there's a couple of headbangers in here. Clap Clap Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I am just watching it now. Some of them jumps of the bridge lol ouch. Do they not listen. I am not the greatest listener myself at times but I would listen for something like that and woukd love to do it. Honestly it's quiet simple really keep your hands on your life jacket, keep your arms in unless you want a dislocated shoulder, do not try to sit when falling as one of them clearly did lol like wtf, do not look down look forward and just step off and fall it's the easiest simplest task on the Whole thing and the most enjoyable too I would say.

Going through the mud in scratch was just crazy. No way I could do that. I wear glasses anyway and can see feck all without them so ye I would not be able to do it. Fair play to all them that made it true do and you can say what you like but in my opinion the Women that made it through that are stronger maybe not in a pure muscle strength sort of way but they were able to push the reserves way more and push through all the pain and still come out the other side of scratch. Fair play.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I watched the first two episodes of the SAS one but as you say the new American fella isnt credible, he is more like an action man out of a movie than a special forces guy. It is definitely missing Ant Middleton, I think he got sacked over something he said during covid. So I gave up on it after two episodes even though it is generally the better show

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The British one was originally a lot better but it changed focus in recent years. I think the Irish one is a lot more intense compared to the British one. British one has a lot more challenges whereas the Irish one is more physical with stuff like scratch. The Irish DS are a lot tougher on the recruits too

Also without Ant, the British one is fairly shite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They'll target him and make him miserable. At least I hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah would agree it is missing Middleton, I find it hard to warm to his replacement. Surprised they didnt find someone who was at least British rather than American given its based on SAS training. I had given up on it but actually watched on Sunday and it wasnt too bad. I kind of like it mainly becasue of the setting, its in a national park called Wadi Rum which is a red desert with crazy rock formations and cliffs in Jordan. I spent a few days there when I backpacked the Middle East some years back and its a stunning place so its great to see it on film with all the drone shots, it brings back good memories.

One thing I noticed on the SAS version is that all the recruits address the DS as 'staff'. Whereas in Ultimate Hell Week in the last episode one of the recruits addressed Ray Goggins as 'staff' and he lost the plot with him.

I thought it was DS Stafford the recruit called staff as a shortened version of his surnam who then lit into him. I don't watch the UK version so wouldn't have been aware of their DSs called staff.

Ray Goggins was interviewed on Newstalk's lunchtime show. It was interesting though I missed a few minutes of it.

Crawling through a pipe.... Ffs this is not a challenge. And if it is they shouldn't even make it past the application stage.

What a prick 22 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Claustrophobia test, thats all.

On its own, it might not be a big deal. Its the cumulative affect of everything that came before it.

It actually catches quite a few people out, a red line is a red line.

The most trivial of things are a challenge if you have a fear in that area. Be it heights, enclosed spaces etc.

Most of us have a weakness, it doesn't make you soft or cowardly.

I'd be swinging for 22 at this stage, a total cnut.

22 and the pro MTK boxer are twats

• Advertisement

Advertisement