Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Huge for the bulls to win tonight, Caruso is back to his best defensively. Great performance from vuc, and obviously DeRozan. They struggled as always with giannis, but what I loved was the response when they went from 18 up to just 3. Not sure the bucks were expecting that (especially after basically positioning themselves to play the bulls in the first round) so going to Chicago at 1-1 (and we were very close to knicking the first one), suddenly they're under a bit of pressure.

Still you'd think the bucks will recover and win it out (they were unlucky with injuries tonight, and Middleton is definitely out next day, not sure about portis, so that really will hamper them) but I'm excited about the next night whereas earlier there was, to be honest, no excitement in Chicago about this playoff, nobody was talking about it. Fun times.

Along with the Celtics games, it's been a fun opening round in the east so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,472 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Couldn't watch the Bulls live last night, just caught up with it, absolutely beaming. The defense and the offense got such a boost in comparison to game 1, cannot wait for game 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Corvo

Real uphill battle now obviously for Brooklyn but as said above, I’m still not totally convinced by the offense of Boston, even if the defence is absolutely elite.

Nets fixed a lot of issues (especially rebounding) from the first game, but I think it’s time they put the ball in Kyries hands instead of hoping for a miracle with Durant when he is surrounded. His handle seems to be letting him down / Boston capitalising on it.

Game was very foul heavy, was a poor watch.

Fair play to Boston though, some brilliant plays

Post edited by Corvo on

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I watched the whole game 2 last night as I couldn't stay up to watch it live. Brooklyn it seems have very little offence except "give it to KD or Kyrie and hope for the best". It is mind-boggling to me that an NBA team can have as little offensive structure and plays as they have. Durant is having to work so hard to even get the ball and they're just not using screens or set plays to get him free enough to compete at this level. Boston's effort and marking of Durant have been exceptional, but Brooklyn are making it easier to guard him than I would have expected. Even when he gets the ball, there's so little by way of movement away from the play that the other Boston players can help Durant's defender on almost every play - that simply should not happen at this level.

Nash is being seriously outcoached by Udoka, there seems to be very little by way of reaction to what is going on in front of him.

Brooklyn have the best player in the series, and arguably the second best, and are likely to lose given the hole they've dug themselves. Boston have been excellent, but really tis series should be 1-1 or even 0-2 to Brooklyn. Boston stole Game 1 for all their brilliance and Brooklyn lacked the killer instinct to kill them off in Game 2. And I'm saying all of this as a Boston fan.

I didn't think Boston could go all the way this year but given how this series i splaying out and the injuries elsewhere I'm starting to think they can.

• Advertisement

Ben Simmons back for Monday's game.

Assuming he's healthy, how much of an impact do you see him having?

That will be very interesting. Huge pressure on him but you couldn't be expecting much.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Grizzlies looked poor for the best part of the first three quarters, just got going towards the end of the third. They came back from nearly 30 down with I think 4 minutes left in the third and won it by 9 I think in the end.

Bucks Bulls was so **** hard to watch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah after two good performances in Milwaukee the bulls folded like a deck chair when the bucks made some small adjustments and the bulls looked more like the end of the regular season again. Would love to see more aggression when they're coming up the court, demar always likes to take a slower approach but it just gave the bucks big players to get set rather than take advantage of their slowness. They're up against it now to keep it competitive. Particularly annoying to see them let Allen of all people look like some kind of all star, the dirty little *.

• Advertisement

Demar got shut down with constant double teams and Bucks camped the paint almost daring the others to shoot open 3's and that was the worst. The amount of missed open shots was awful where as Bucks, as well as other teams hit them like they were in practice. Actually felt bad for Demar, must be frustrating to have to carry the team.

I know Lavine has the knee injury but no way can he expect the max contract offer. I'm afraid Bucks have the gameplan down now and will do the exact same for the next 2 games.

Just watched the entire game 3 of the Boston - Nets series. Put very simply, Boston’s effort compared to that of the Nets is off the charts. Forget schemes and plays etc., it’s really that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Nets are ready to unleash Ben Simmons apparently.

When you need a guy to come in and salvage your play off series who else could you possibly want?

Oooohh I thought we were wearing everything except black. Would be hilarious if he came in, for a triple double and made the game winning shot.

Really shocked to hear Simmons is injured again. It's just an amazing coincidence that he was all set to play Game 4 until Brooklyn went 3-0 down........

I just can't believe this whole saga is still going. I know he wants to avoid high pressure moments, but I thought at this stage he would have overcome these feelings. Obviously the injury sounds totally bogus and there were suspicions of that when Nash was constantly being asked about his availability and he didn't really have a sure answer.

I'd say they would love to shift him on in the summer but who would even consider a decent trade with that contract and his serious availability issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

OKC if the Nets sling on every draft pick they have into the deal.

Presti does like himself a few draft picks 😄

watched the Celtics game last night. Another good win, but all 4 games were close. I agree Simmons is a joke. The likes of him could have made a difference.

• Advertisement

Kyrie after the game

"When I say I'm here with Kev, I think that really entails us managing this francise together alongside Joe and Sean"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah but the Celtics are looking like a real playoff ready team this year, they keep getting the win in close games.

I'm starting to believe they can win it all now.

Shutting down KD isn't easy and they've done it twice. That's the first and third games I'm talking about, I suppose you could include game 2 as keeping him under 30 points is impressive.

He’s getting it from everyone and rightly so. Absolute patethic behaviour. No excuses left.

I read today that Nets management wasn't happy and demanded answers from Ben's team. His response was a mental block about the playoffs which his doc links to his back pain. He really should have said nothing and sat out the season but i can understand Nets wanting some value for money/Harden before the season ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

That’s huge, sixers are effectively done at this point think

Boston looking like they thought all they had to do was turn up for this game and they’d win. Brown and Tatum cold as ice and while I thought they was fine for the first half it looks like Smart has seriously injured his shoulder/arm and that could be major trouble.

Boston beaten up by a Milwaukee, no other way to describe it. They didn’t look ready. Prob the worst I’ve seen them playing this year (post Christmas).

By the letter of the law I can understand that ejection but that’s about as soft a flagrant 2 as I’ve ever seen. What Draymond was doing though is anyone’s guess…..you just shouldn’t put yourself in a position like that where you give the refs an opportunity to make that call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yea,ridiculous ejection in my opinion, I agree Draymond had one of his moments of madness but you take the good with the bad, refs have been awful for both sides, just soft calls all game.

Rebounds hurting the Warriors but great game, love the energy from both sides

Advertisement