Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Its funny how the team time wasting, faking injury, diving concedes and actually how to try play football to get a point and time wasting stops and they still concede again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks like we're looking at a Crypto Currency as a possible shirt sponsor. If it's Bitcoin or one of the other big players I can see some sense in it but would prefer if they stayed well clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I don't understand, Richarlison seemed to be dizzy after heading the ball so went down. That is a sign of a concussion and he should have been replaced. If players are going to start and use the serious issue of head injuries as a way for referees to stop the game and flow of a team, it is time to make mandatory substitutions for said head injuries.

But we know he was just using it as a way to waste time. If a club has a problem with being called a small club, maybe they should stop acting like one?

Does the reason why a team losing stops their time wasting need to be explained?

If he is getting concussed from a header like that he needs to retire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I loved how Richarlison went in to hook Thiago's foot but some how shot himself in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It'll likely be one of the centralised exchanges like Binance, Coinbase, Kraken etc. The whole attraction of the actual cryptocurrencies themselves (Bitcoin etc) is that they are decentralised so there is nobody in charge, as such, to pay for advertising etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Thud

if you zoom in he does actually go over on his ankle there...but it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf

Don't have to zoom in at all, he's a nasty piece of work and got a bit of karmic justice.

Fabinho also shared his love for the antics of Richarlison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If it was an exchange it wouldn't be to bad. I just think you're better staying away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

You'd think the way the club is at the moment, that there is no need to take on this type of sponsor. I'm sure there would be plenty of companies willing to have their logo associated with one of the best clubs in the world.

I'd be happy for Everton to go down. We can do without 2 games a year where our players may need to wear American Football gear for fear of been injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

What's wrong with CryptoCurrency sponsors? We've happily taken money from banking and alcohol firms in recent times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Everton got a bit too much praise in some quarters for that performance.

Liverpool were never out of control, and that is despite Everton sprinting for a change. Their fans should be ashamed of their team. If they literally just did that against Burnley a couple of weeks ago, they'd be safe.

I think too many are forgetting that Liverpool and Manchester City are in a weird position at the moment with all these games. They have to win every game, but they have to manage players' minutes, keep the team's rhythm going, try to tactically prepare for a new team and challenge every 3 or 4 days. it's unbelievably hard, even with the bevy of talent they have. and even during the game, each team is trying to take every possible moment to slow things down and save some legs.

I'd safely bet that Mane, who along with Thiago has been our best player in this latest run, was told he was only getting 60 minutes yesterday. so Klopp knew, even with the team having not scored yet, he wouldn't have arguably his most in-form attacker on the pitch. and then the likes of Origi has to be motivated enough to make a difference.

We had the luxury of a walk in the park against Utd. City had it at the weekend. and those sorts of games are massive when so many games are coming.

I don't think Klopp will play his absolute best team on Wednesday in the semi final. I'd say we'll see Salah, Thiago, Matip and maybe even Trent/Roberton rested. Newcastle is a very quick turnaround, and it's arguably the biggest banana skin left for us in the league.

but i'll be honest lads, I can't take many more of these games. it's too much for the heart.

and then the likes of Origi has to be motivated enough to make a difference.

I saw a post match interview with Origi in which he spoke about how he does extra fitness work to compensate for the lack of playing time so that he's sharp when called upon to make an appearance from the bench. He epitomizes the level of professionalism that we take for granted from this group of players.

Yep. The crypto world is still very young and generally misunderstood. The banking system is the most corrupt industry you could imagine yet has the veneer of respectability surrounding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

My only hope on the new sponsor is it's not a betting company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Doesn't work like that. Sure look at the goal line technology mess up a few seasons back that kept Villa up and relegated Bournemouth... admission of guilt or not for on field decisions can't be used to form a legal case down the line in football. I remember reading about that Bournemouth case and they were told that if they were going to peruse any action it would bd a waste of time as the rules state a match is not invalidated because of malfunction of the VAR technology, officials mistakes or goal line technology. All clubs sign up to these rules so its very hard make a case against something you already signed and agreed to. If that rule wasn't in place, clubs would have legal teams set up to counter every dodgy VAR decisions that went against them.

In terms of news worthiness it's a piece of fluff used to make a headline or create some controversy.

Liverpool are in talks over a new shirt sponsorship deal as their £40 million-a-year contract with Standard Chartered is set to expire in May 2023. And although discussions are continuing about extending their partnership, the club are also talking to firms from sectors including electronics, media and tourism.

Among those parties, The Athletic can reveal, are companies from the cryptocurrency sector. They include a crypto exchange firm — a platform to buy and sell digital currency — and a blockchain platform (a decentralised computer network that underpins cryptocurrencies).

Many English top-flight sides have signed deals with cryptocurrency firms over the past few years but international superstars, such as Jordan Henderson and Mohamed Salah, displaying such companies on the front of their shirts would be a Premier League first. It is likely to be controversial but Liverpool are desperate to financially compete with other elite clubs and maximise their commercial deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It'll be a tough decision on what goes on our shirt between £70m for a crypto company, or nothing at all for a high resolution image of Pickford and Richarlison consoling each other after Everton's relegation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah I'd be the same, but crypto is sort of a grey area there. Some people would classify it as gambling, and it's very easy for people to lose money, quickly, while investing in crypto. And I say that as somehow who does own some cryptocoins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Dermot Gallagher has confirmed on Sky's refwatch the Matrip challenge on Gordon (the actual challenge) was not a penalty. That clears that up.

Also says Richarlson was lucky to stay on the pitch. eVARton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Was there not a team in Spain who lost out because a Crypto Currency sponsor was not real in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The '2 Good 2 Bad' section on MOTD last night was a thing of true beauty.

The slow mo footage of Pickford lying down and grinning like a village idiot followed by the absolute epic trolling by Allison 😎

I really couldn't give a shyte if Everton get relegated or not at this stage....I grew up watching football when Everton were firmly part of the Big 5 and a decent footballing team...the likes of Sharp, Lineker, Sheedy, Steven etc were great to watch.

The derbies were always keenly contested but there's been a nasty streak to Everton for a while now....from memory it seems to have started around the time of Big Duncan...the fact he's been around the club for so long says it all I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Origi a true club legend of the Klopp era!

That might be Origi's last Preimer League goal for Liverpool his first Preimer League goal was the 96th minute equalizer against West Brom that really kick started the Klopp era.

How they laughed!

• Advertisement

I said something similar in the general thread yesterday. I don't remember the same level of animosity years ago. They used to call it the friendly Derby. There was no fan segregation at the 86 Wembley final from memory. I put it down to a similar time starting with Joe Royle which Big Dunc was a part of.

Ferguson himself was rough as hell without being particularly malevolent from memory, although he did nearly kill the world's unluckiest burglar who he found in his house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

The meet ups for the Brazil squads must be great fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I must be in the minority, I don't want to see Everton relegated.

On one hand yes, on the other hand Crypto is a type of betting, just that some "punters" don't realise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The reason people should be against any sort of crypto sponsorship is that is is absolutely terrible for the environment. It makes a mockery of any green initiatives undertaken by the club/league.

You're refering to the likes of Bitcoin and Ethereum but XRP is extremely environmentally friendly, it doesn't use cryptomining.

Not strictly the case - some of them are. Bitcoin and Ethereum, for example, are "proof of work" cryptographies which use a lot of electricity to mine. Even so, a lot of the mining companies are moving towards renewable/green energies.

Newer crypto's are using "proof of stake" which don't require electricity as there is no mining being performed. Hex being a great example.

For me, it's more that I want to see certain players relegated rather than the club itself.

Haven't a thing against the Everton fan base in general, they're a lot more respectful to Liverpool and the club's history than the likes of City and United are. And pretty much any other club outside Merseyside for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

Just because some coins don’t use proof of work doesn’t make them environmentally friendly, they’re just less energy intensive. Committing transactions across a distributed blockchain network is still much more energy intensive than traditional transactions.

Would prefer if the club stayed away from Crypto the same way I want them to stay away from betting companies. It’s gambling, and it’s complete lack of regulation makes it worse in some respects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Liverpool already had that NFT auction a few weeks back, with those superhero playing card type rubbish for each of the players. They were hounded on social media by their own fans about it, but the auction went ahead anyway. No idea if it was a success or not, but any idiot paying 3 figures or more for jpeg of konate in a cape deserve their money taken off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think we should offer to replay the match because they did not get a penalty.

It is only fair.

No, but we can offer them a friendly as a funds raiser after the season is over. If it was good enough for Delaney 🤣

I see they have written to the refs association again. Maybe they are looking for another apology but they won't get one this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I’m trying to wrap my head around the fact the Pickford decided to time waste and troll when it was nil nil and Everton are the the relegation zone. One their oldest most experienced players?

I mean, it makes no sense. Alison did his trolling when Liverpool were 2-nil up with a few minutes to go.

For me, the Everton rivalry is a local thing so I have never had much problem with them as a team but i have no idea what the point of them acting like they did yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yea I see no problem, doesn't mean we need to get involved in it, we didn't get into Beer making under Carlsberg, or Banking under Standard Chatered, or have Ian Rush going around painting houses under Crown Paints.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im going to Anfield for 30 years or so now including my fair share of Derby games.

Whether it be Everton fans in the city dishing out banter even when we are not playing them or when playing them there was always only banter and light hearted stuff but the last few times ive been over its been very different.

I put it down to society for a good while as tbh society is fucked but thats for a whole other thread but i dont know there is something different in in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I have a soft spot for Everton and would like to see them stay up.

I am die hard Liverpool, I kick every ball on the pitch with them, but if the Reds weren’t winning trophies I’d love to see the toffees pick them up over any other team.

I also recall the games of the late 80’s. They were by far the best games of the season. I remember my old man ask me (in mid 90’s) if I could pick a game to go to which would it be? I immediately said a Merseyside derby and his face and heart sank……. He had got us tickets for home game against Utd and was convinced I’d say that…… we still went…:… and lost, 3 nothing I think……. I was raging, we were with the right people who were going to bring us into the players lounge after but after the drubbing they got, nobody was allowed in!

Skrtel got into a bit of bother for painting radiators though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Rushie might not have been painting houses with crown paints but I'd say he's bought a few Hitachi's trying to keep up with that younger bird he's with.

Paper money and coins aren't exactly environmentally friendly, neither are credit cards or any of the other plastic gift cards etc.

XRP offers the same throughput as VISA transactions without the environmental impact.

The future use of crypto currencies isn't all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Probably the best football journo going Rory Smith was on the Totally Football pod and he said it was never a penalty and you never see those given and all on the pod agreed with him.

Nice to hear some nice honest proper not over the top commentary on games and not sound bite click bate commentary.

Advertisement