Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open competition for appointment to the position of Crime and Data Analyst (EO Grade).

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Approved for this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

The closing date was extended to 21/03/2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 newbraces

Anyone know what type of degree would be acceptable for this? Would HR or History be any good? I know ideally they would like IT, criminality, law or statistics degrees but the information booklet is very broad and just says “relevant discipline”. I did Q&Q research for my degrees (Level 8 and 9) and use various databases in my current role but it’s not IT etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

anyone having difficulty with the id verification

yup was a pain in the head eventually got verified though🙄

• Advertisement

how did anyone find the tests? i don't think i passed but it wasn't the hardest one i have ever done - i didnt get all the numerial ones done and i ran out of time - only got half way with the numerical ones

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PandaJ

Hello,

Anyone have trouble understanding the room scan? Don't think I did it properly for the Verbal test one... Hoping I didn't screw up the whole thing now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

im not sure mine was done correctly either. I held my laptop on front of me so I’m not sure what angle was being scanned. Messy way to do it should just use the recordings of people doing the test you can tell / hear if someone is prompting an answer plus you’d need to read out all questions for someone to help. Anyways it was a very long test I think I did better in numerical than verbal so we’ll see

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PandaJ

We'll hope for the best so! Agreed, it was way too long... Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Maripepe

Has anyone heard anything back since doing the test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Seesaw.i.saw

God its taking a while!. Did any one else think the verbal was difficult?

Yeah I thought verbal was more difficult than numerical but 35mins a test was a lot those tests for EO etc are usually 8mins a section. This is a very slow moving competition

Results are out and I've reached the qualifying standard next stage is mid June (shortlisting and interview?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chatty

Just got my results today, done much better than expected. According to the email next stage 2 will be mid June.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Yeah same here placed within the top 5 so hoping it'll be a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

Got my results today too! Anyone know anybody that does this role and what it’s like? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Got no 6 in a small county and 13 in a bigger county, probably not high enough? How many C and D analysts could be needed per county..

Edit

Wondering about this, are they checking queztinnaire/application form first >shortlisting and then interview. Or you reckon they checked the form already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Hard to know but I'm guessing they are checking the application forms at this stage, will save them checking lots of forms of people that didn't make it through

Yeah probably stage 2 -checking the forms

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

So we prob won't have to do any more assessments just an interview?

Tough one, they might want to reduce amount of applicants, do another online assessment and then interview, who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ThatBhoy1888

I placed in the mid 200’s in Dublin and mid 50’s in Kildare anyone else around the same ? I’d imagine they will be checking application forms to put together an interview panel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DM26

Hi all.

Any word on any Stage 2 coming up soon?!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SavageSpuds

Nothing yet.. waiting with baited breath. Wonder if they'll go straight to interviews or if there'll be a presentation/exercise beforehand to whittle down the numbers... hopefully not! I presume interviews will continue to be held online despite the recent return to normal since the pandemic...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SavageSpuds

Anyone get an update today on the shortlisting results? My OOM has gone up a fair bit in comparison to what it was after the tests... seems a bit unfair! I'm feeling alot less optimistic about this now...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jane2021

Haven’t received any update on the shortlisting results yet.

• Advertisement

Did u get an update regarding shortlisting? When? I haven't received anything since the end May when we got the email saying they'd be in touch mid June...

Advertisement