Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran concert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just back from it and it was awesome, stage and set up was superb and sound was pretty decent, massive thought and effort put into the stage and one of the best I’ve ever seen. He is a top class performer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm closer than that and can barely hear it with the window open.

We could barely hear it standing outside the stadium

Wind direction/strength. I lived 800 meters - 1km as the crow flies from the stage in Marlay Pk for gigs and couldn't hear it much. Then the year Chemical Brothers and Sonic Youth played I might as well have been there at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tonight was bloody fantastic.

I'm not a big fan but booked this as an excuse to get together with long lost friends after the bloody plague.

For a one man show, it was phenomenal. Played for 2 hours 20 minutes non stop. Crazy energy.

Stage and set, lights and pyros were the most spectacular I've ever seen.

He has a great talent, his rendition of The Parting Glass had me emotional. I'm a convert now!

Get to Cork/Limerick if you can.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just home, brilliant set in fairness to the man. Would not be a massive fan but he put on some show tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

Not a fan.

Only went as a last minute substitute.

Have to say, brilliant staging and a great show.

Fair play to the young man, clearly loves and cherishes his Irish-ness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Worse that I couldn't use the second ticket. In fairness it was 6.30pm, 2 hours before the gig, and I didn't try too hard to rope someone in. Was just focused on getting across to Croke Park on time. Asked a few people out around the stadium if they wanted free ticket but no takers.

Anyway, I didn't care. In hindsight, if I knew before the concert that it was going to be so good, I would have paid the €90 if need be. But I saw him in Vicar St, and was convinced that the Croke Park gig would be a disappointment after that. But I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Another “I’m not a fan but…” message here :).

Saw him last night, never cared for his music but always objectively would have acknowledged the guy is talented. But last night made me appreciate he’s a natural.

Fantastic gig and performance. Made it look effortless. His style of music and personality probably doesn’t suit a stadium imo (that’s not a bad thing) but he has big enough songs to justify and captivate the whole stadium.

The sound was grand but I wouldn’t say top notch. In fact I am 80% sure the fiddle wasn’t mic’d up properly for Galway Girl. I couldn’t hear it at all to the point that I felt it took away from the whole chorus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭ellejay

They'd only Rockshore lager available last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Rather poor showing, looks to be all just Guinness/Diageo stable of drinks available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭ellejay

I'm definitely in the minority so! I didn't think the concert was great but I'm not a huge Ed Sheeran fan.

I only recognised three songs he played a lot of new stuff, I wouldn't go to another of his concerts.

I was disappointed in the Galway Girl rendition and I kinda thought he couldn't wait to be finished and get off the stage.

I didn't think he was very engaging with the crowd.

Someone posted earlier that Croke Park is too big for a concert I'd definitely agree, Ed should have done extra nights in a smaller venue.

The stage was great and the special affects were great but that's about it.

Ah come on now he played all the hits! 3 songs me arse

He played from across all albums.

No matter if you didn't recognise the songs, it didn't matter. Still amazing.

To thine own self be true

He only played 6 from an album that came out last year - 2 of which were Bad Habit and Shivers (which unless you've been hiding under a rock, you would be well familiar with).

That leaves 20 other songs - the majority of which were from earlier albums, and the last album he had before that = album was 5 years ago. Not exactly "new stuff". Or couple of covers or covers of fairly well known tunes - Justin Bieber song, Galway girl, some medley with No diggity.

I never listened to any of his albums, and I had heard a good three quarters of the songs.

I think it's more a case of you going to a concert that you had no interest in. Which is fair enough, your prerogative. But why would you pay near €100 for something you didn't want. Or if you wanted to, why wouldn't you put in a small bit of effort and listen to a couple of the songs beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hi all, does anyone know if there is park and ride available for the Cork gig this thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd say Thomond Park will be even greater as its not a GAA sized pitched

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

What time did he start playing? Just want to know as don't want to turn up too early with the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Post edited by Dinzee Conlee on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Were they strict with allowing kids into standing?

last minute impulse buy here ...

Kid is 13

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Going by social media every man women and dog is seeing him on this tour

• Registered Users Posts: 33,636 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't understand the idea of having a band UNDER the stage.

If you have a band with you, have them on stage with you. Must be first music gig ever where an artist made his band hid out of the way.

They are not under the stage, they are all individually spread out on a different section of the stage in full view

• Registered Users Posts: 33,636 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just that I read posts that said the band were UNDERNEATH the stage.

Yeah I saw that, the stage rises up and down so God only knows who or what is actually under there!

• Advertisement

Advertisement