Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

THE BIG LISOWSKI!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Delighted for Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Turning point for lisowskis career

Would remind ya of trump making his breakthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The big Lisowski

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guess who Jack Lisowski has next - John Higgins! 🥺

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

WD Jack

think he's playing Ballrun next

Edit - playing Higgins next

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Delighted for Lisowski there. Robertson does seem to loose it a bit on the really big occasions as good as he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I think Robertson will regret some of his shot decisions towards the end if he looks back at this, especially given he was wobbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Deserved it in the end I think, I was a bit surprised with Robbo at times, he refused a couple of pots I thought he'd take on.

Anything could of happened in the end really, but Jack took them well in the end, needs to improve his safety, he was playing with fire at times leaving Neil those long pots, the safety was very loose at times.

But overall It was a deserved win, taking the match as a whole Jack was the better player of the 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Great interview with Lisowski. Refreshingly honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

The 147 didn’t do him any good in the end, he played some really poor shots in the last frame, seemed to lose his composure completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭patrickc

two great matches, I couldn't stop switching between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What channel was showing the Trump/McGill match?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I don't back jack to put a full tournament together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ronnie v Higgins 'el classico' semi final does seem on the cards.

Other side of the draw could go anyway but wouldn't complain about a Willo v Bingham semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thebronze14

That was great entertainment tonight...Can't see Lisowski going much further but fair play to him for getting over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭patrickc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Great win for Lisowski, but, Robertson very poor in the last frame, got plenty of opportunities, but, made a hash of them, must be kicking himself now. His record at the crucible isn't great. Great entertainment, with both matches almost finishing toget, Trump stumbled over the line really, can't see either winner tonight going any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Bingham's seriously talented, underrated. Far more natural ability than Wilson and one of the best when in amongst the balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Think some of the shot selections by Robertson will be making him scratch his own head… a few very risky pots that he missed when the safety was easy and played safe when the pot wasn’t all that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Off over to the Crucible today and tomorrow. Taking in session 1 and 2 of Trump v Bingham, session 2 of Ronnie v Maguire and session 2 of Higgins v Lisowski. Can't complain at all about that line up

• Registered Users Posts: 45 BAABAA96

Enjoy it, was there last week it’s a great experience!

Ronnie talking nonsense lol, probably a BBC interview . I am think he just feeds them rubbish these days

"And he has credited his ability to stay at the top of his game by following the same approach as martial arts legend Bruce Lee.

"It comes down to quite a few years of practice and years of dedication and of trying to be the best version of yourself that you can possibly be," said O'Sullivan. "

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You've got to wonder what goes on in his spray can head. His interviews for the BBC must be awful. They had a section yesterday where other current players were talking about Stuart Bingham, and all they could put in from Ronnie was a shot of him laughing.

Then to finish the programme, they had another piece, this time where players say what they hate or love. And it ends with Ronnie saying things like "I love that I'm the greatest ever to play the sport, I can do things on the table that others can't dream of", yada, yada. Then he finishes by saying, "only joking". Ya, real funny. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I wouldn't be a huge snooker fan, but the Robertson Lisowski match last night was absolutely magic. Liquid snooker.

Agree. Listening to him is such a turn off. I think he tries too hard now to "be a character". I think him never winning Sports Personality of the Year is eating up at him. Him coming out with this kind of nonsense keeps him in the conversation as a "personality"

Interview after first round he just started going on about glasses and Rob Walkers nose. 🙄

Yan is the odd one out in the last 8.

Ages:

22, 30, 32, 41, 45, 47, 46, 46

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

that's crazy when you think of the top stars 10 or 20 years ago retiring so much earlier, or at least declining alot earlier, same in other sports too, great tournament this year i'd love to see Yan win i think it would be good for the game but it's hard to look past higgins and osullivan for me

• Advertisement

A lot of his talk is designed to take the pressure off completely

He has succeeded I that I reckon.

As for the rest of it

Advertisement