Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

I find myself in row 2/3 on EI departing Dublin every time, I didn't pay for it, nor did I call up and ask, it just happens... Formalising this would be great, transatlantic there is a 'way' i.e. a diary on the desk of the lounge in Dublin

BA is so tight it charges you for business class seat selection...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Can somebody give me an explanation of earning tier credits on plus or advantage within Europe - I understand that typically the lowest fare is an A or similar class which gets half the saver tier credits (i.e 7.5), but if you go for plus do you get the full 25 every time or are there "sale" versions of plus and advantage where you get less?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Looks like some stores have left the AerClub app where ya earn points as you spend. the Apple Store (iTunes and Music are still there) and ASOS are gone from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SB Morer

For some reason some retailers don’t show on the AerClub app - but both Apple and ASOS are available on the desktop site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Thanks for that SB, I never thought to check the desktop site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Avis are gone brutal for awarding Avios. they used always follow on 2-3 weeks after the drop off but now you have to go back to their site and manually claim missing avios and you still may never get them. I have 12 rentals since last September and none awarded even after claiming the missing avios page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Has anyone traveled Cork-AMS lately? Just wondering how busy the flights actually are now that they have gone back to twice daly as all the regular faces appear to be on KLM.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭jlow1

Could be an obvious question to ask but my 'anniversary' date has just come round. I'm now back to having to earn 601 credits to reach Platinum. So I'm currently Silver and its saying my Silver expiry date is 29 March 2023. So am I correct in saying that if I don't earn the 601 in the next 12 months my Silver will expire and I'm back to Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

You don't need 601 for Silver - you need it for Platinum (I forget what you need for silver - I think it's 300?). So in the next 12 months if you earn less than what's needed for silver, you'll be back down to green.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I presume you can get through fast track and into the lounge with the virtual card on a phone?

Unexpectedly flying EI this week and can’t find the card at all!!! Have about 15 years worth of precious cards, just not the current one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Physical cards are no more. Will be the virtual card.

Still can’t believe I’m still a member given I flew to Glasgow and back in Jan 2020 and to/from LHR in Jan 19, and they were my last flights with Aer Lingus!!

Im platinum and i havent traveled with them since January 2020 bar one free flight last month. I think ill be flying with them again to AMS tho as KLM have gone so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭samo

Does anyone know if Platinum how access to lounge works if travelling with family. Travelling for 1st time in a while to Schipol with my 20 year old and 16 year old and wondering if both can access lounge with me ? (I always traveled on own pre-covid!) but can’t find answers anywhere on Aer club site

Platinum = you + guest = max of 2 persons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Lounge May him to allow to purchase a pass for the 3rd person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭samo

One more Aer Club question if anyone knows ? (As called the Platinum desk and like talking to a wall!)

Did things change for tier point allocation. I travelled last month to Dubrovnik with travel companion on a Saver fare, but only received tier points and avios for myself (e.g. 15 tier points return) even though both booked at same time and on same booking.

Aer lingus mention that in same scenario if you booked a flight for 2 AD+2 CH on same booking e.g. Saver, you need a frequent flyer account per person so individual tier points + avios ? Its been a while but was sure in the past this wasnt the case.

You can only earn points in your name. So each passenger needs to separate FF number to earn credits

I certainly never picked up tier credits or avios when someone flies with me on the same ticket without their own FF number

Does anybody know how complimentary upgrades go these days? If you book 6 or 8 months ahead are you likely to get two on a transatlantic flight?

trying to figure out if it’s worth aiming for concierge because it still seems that’s the only real benefit over silver…

• Advertisement

I assume you can bring in the wife and baby(under one years)?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tried my AerCard flight redemption there. Took an absolute age to get approved - much longer than the claimed time period - but it has been; and its €101 all in compared to over 350 at the time I send it in.

Probably just about saved the cost of the card since I've had it!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭notuslimited

I think you are pretty much guaranteed if you book that far in advance. My recent experience to IAD was that myself and 3 colleagues all at Concierge were accommodated on return flights. The aircraft was an A321.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I am at my wits end with EI.

I have been trying to always fly them this year to get status but it seems I have to chase them on every flight.

I have a flight from back in March where they credited tier points but not miles and I have been chasing them since. I flew then return to London in PLUS three weeks ago and still nothing .

I also have a Aer Lingus estore purchase from Early March and no sign of the points despite sending them another mail.

It is almost as if they want me to give up. Very strange way to reward loyalty. It can't be that hard to design IT system to do this automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The old "rewards for thoughts" BA programme is gone now, and the new one does Aerclub

Signup bonus credited immediately. Survey payments are appalling though. 3-4 Avios a minute.

Return trip to Glasgow 2 weeks ago on the new 'Emerald Airlines', booked Plus fares and no sign of any Tier Credits.

First AL flights since January 2020....

It's good to be back folks....

Started a survey, got the 4th or 5th page and abandoned it… painful stuff for 80 points, to hell with the 500 point bonus for the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I did a return trip to LHR last week. They've managed to credit me tier and avios for the return leg but no sign of the outbound. There's a "claim missing points" form online (web, not via the app as far as I know) that I filled in. Will see if they ever turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Same here. I'm chasing 2 business class flights from October. Webform, 5 emails, 2 phone calls, Twitter support, no help.

• Advertisement

Jesus - you’d be very annoyed if you’d done a bunch of travel and were due to go up a tier or even two if they never bothered crediting the tier credits….

is it a tactic of some sort?

Advertisement