Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Business Bank Account

• 26-04-2022 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

With UB leaving, I need to move my business bank account. Anyone any recommendations?

I'm a sole trader and most of my spending/earnings are in US dollars or Sterling.

As far as I can see PTSB and AIB are the only options, but I don't love all of AIB's fees!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

You should look at N26 and revolut. They both offer business banking to Sole traders and as you state most of your earnings are US Uk. Only downside is you cant lodge cash but you can to your personal account.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Do either of them provide the usual certification of balances and audit query responses and if so what does it cost.... Something that need to be considered when opening a business account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I've had previous business accounts with AIB and always regretted it as their fees were extortion, but that was 20+ years ago. Same reason I wouldn't go near an An Post account - they should just stick to doing the post properly. With TSB for many years, can't complain other than you can't phone your local branch anymore and always directed through some call centre, who inevitably have to go back to the local branch. Supposedly a cost saving measure, more a measure to annoy your customers and discourage them from making queries!

Advertisement