Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking during the concert

Options
  • 23-04-2022 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭

Whats the craic with PUC on the day of the concert? Happy enough to walk from a reasonable-ish distance, what's a good spot to leave the car if coming in from the SRR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Coming from SRR, you could leave the car at the Black Ash P&R perhaps, and get the bus in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yep, Black Ash P&R is about 10 mins to City Hall and its about 20/25 mins walk along the river from there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I'm probably being ridiculously ambitious, but there is surely closer places one can park. If i'm walking far, i wouldn't be up for paying for the privilege

Even in Dublin, there's loads of free spots to park right beside bus stops on edges of the city. Cork cant be that locked down

Yep the City Council fee parking zone is published online, but it's quite extensive reaching near the outskirts of the city. I think (but am not sure) that on-street parking may be free after 18:00 though, if you want to check that and chance it.

I think your options might be:

Black Ash and pay.

City centre car parks, and pay.

City centre and park on-street.

If you're going for city centre on-street free parking, I suggest accessing the city from the South East instead, perhaps Mahon, Blackrock, Boreenmanna Road etc? The walk from Mahon isn't too bad, even quite pleasant.

If you're going for city centre paid parking I find the train station car park good value for money.

Of course we shouldn't be even having this conversation. Not blaming you whatsoever, but it should be really really clear to everyone how they can access the event. But Cork GAA do not do transport management plans. At all. It's "just drive to the centre of the pitch and hope for the best". I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Lots of blocked footpaths around the estates near Páirc this evening..

Monahan Road had cordons so very few illegally parking there - apart from a number of Garda Roads Policing vehicles mounted up on the footpaths, setting a fantastic example as always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭notAMember

I was glad of the Garda presence around during the Ed gigs. They can park wherever they like legally, and I’m happy they did exactly that.

They had to take away a few violent idiots throwing stuff at the crowds going down there and at residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Black Ash was actually closed at normal time for both of the Ed Sheeran gigs so absolutely no use.

Astounds belief really 🙄

Madness.

Traffic management seems to be an alien concept to many authorities in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Just to book-end the thread, took the above advice and parked at the station.

Long walk to the stadium but looked alot easier to get out away from the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

No one is arguing about Garda presence - obviously it's valuable - my point was that those policing road traffic laws are the same people parking across footpaths needlessly - this was Monahan Road outside the stadium, there was no through traffic in that area - they could have parked legally on the roadway, leaving the paths free for the many pedestrians going to and from the stadium.

It's not asking much to expect them to set an example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement