If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Home 350 vs Sonos Five

Options
  • 21-04-2022 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a Naim Muso QB2 from you guys a few months back and while the audio is generally great, the bass is a little thin at low volumes e.g. where you could still have a conversation with someone. I resorted to using two Apple Homepods in stereo config to beef up the low end a bit. I'm thinking of switching out the homepods for either two Denon 350s or two Sonos Fives? Could you guys give me your opinion on these - particularly at low volume levels. I understand the tweeters on the Fives are switched off when they are placed vertically and used in stereo config? I'm a little curious how the new B&W Zeppelin sounds too, although I realise this is a single speaker solution. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for the post Darwin.

The Denon Home speakers are actually a fantastic speaker, especially if you're looking for a bit more bass response. I used to use one on the older versions, the Heos 7, as a PA speaker so the Denons definitely have a good bit of kick to them. The newer Home 350 is a very powerful speaker but without losing any detail so I would go with two of the Home speakers to be honest. Denon also have more Hifi/AV equipment that can be linked into the same multi room system as the Homes via the Heos app.

I haven't actually heard the new Zeppelin myself but any of the wireless B and W speakers I have heard have been stunning. I think the two Home 350s would give a more room filling sound though than the one speaker.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks for the reply David. Sorry for another question, but I have since read that Apple Airplay was previously disabled in stereo configuration for the Denons which would be a dealbreaker for me. However, support for that seems to have been added in the most recent firmware update, version U28 (https://support-uk.denon.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3832/~/latest-heos-app-and-firmware-update-available)

Could you confirm this is correct? Sorry for this but want to be absolutely certain before I commit to buying!

Thanks for getting back to me Darwin.

From the link of the firmware update it looks like the feature has been readded. I would need to double check though just to be 100% sure.

Let me have a look into it further though and I'll see what I can find out.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Hi David, I decided to go ahead with the order, I think it should be fine with airplay streaming. I've ordered online there, will confirm my address by PM. Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Darwin.

No problem at all.

If you drop David over the PM he will look after you.

Hi David/Kenny, just to let you know speakers arrived today, many thanks for the great service as usual. In case any of future customers are wondering, the 350's can now be grouped as a stereo pair and streamed to over airplay once the firmware is updated. I would advise updating the firmware on each speaker one at a time as the most reliable method. Cheers!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Darwin

Glad to hear your speakers arrived safe and sound, and thanks for the info.

If we can be of any further help please let us know

Regards Stephen

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.