Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Am I right in thinking that the next stage after getting interview results is expressing location preference? Or is there something else that happens first? On average, how soon after does next stage happen? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tinman53

I was number 34 OOM for Meath and interviewd this morning.

@Caoimhe2 I was number 34 OOM for Meath and had my interview this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

How did you get on? I had longford today, was ok could have gone better, I was totally thrown of my perch after my bloody mic on laptop refused to work!! Took 5 mins faffing about, ended up having to dial in on my phone. There was definitely some answers I could have done better with.

Over now though thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hfelloni

Interview for next week after bank holiday weekend ! Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Lindyd33

Seems that it varies from person to person. I was a couple of weeks before i got my position from the time i started the vetting process. Have u received any email from hr? If so follow up with them if not i auppose u could take a chance on emailing clearance for status? Hopefully u hear something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭peanutk

@Lindyd33 Delighted for you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cocs

Thanks @Lindyd33 nothing from hr, last thing was an email from clearance to say my reference was received and they were happy with it, from the discussions here most people seem to hear about their assignments pretty quickly so I am getting anxious, I think I should go back to clearance to ask re status, just didn't want to be annoying them. You are so good with your replies, thanks again

@ladz I feel it went well alright. Same as yourself I provably could have answered some question better but I feel I got my points across well and showed of my competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lindyd33

@cocs yea it might be no harm. Worst they can do is point u in the right direction of who u need to be speaking with! Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Coole-kid21

I was sent a location selection form. Roughly how long of a wait would there be between that and being offered a position 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Morning everyone. Another question.. Received location selection form not long after I posted yesterday, and have to return it by tomorrow.

So my question is.. With regards to mobility, I know that to change to a different county I would need to be in assigned location for 2 years, but say if I ended up in a location which wasn't the best in terms of commuting, would I still have to wait the 2 years before requesting a transfer to within the same county? Just trying to decide whether to select all options to maximise possibilities or whether to not select one of the locations which is furthest away, but which will probably have the most positions of the different locations. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tramoregal

Hi @Cloudywx I am oom 87 in Waterford and received an email yesterday from PAS for the vetting so Fingers crossed. What oom are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Thanks hope it went well for you...I am in the early 100s so just hope they reach my number

How long did you guys wait for interview results? I was told 2-3 weeks, has anyone waited that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭blondie007

It's 2 years whether you're hoping to stay in your current county or move to a different county I'm afraid. So keep your options open would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

I am oom 121 for Waterford. What number are they on now?

@ladz I seen someone here who interviewed last Friday and received their results the same day. I hope its not going to be 2 - 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Frostie24

Hi guys

Has anyone between 1 and 30 been offered a position of Longford panel.

I've done the references and Vetting but havent heard anything since.

Anxious now waiting.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

Can you apply for a transfer even though you're not on a panel but you have a permanent grade IV position in the HSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭1992ChainGang

I applied for clerical officer in Feb, got an email just yesterday to say I've been shortlisted but no other details really.

Would I be due to get a call some time soon for an interview or how does this work?

The email reads a bit funny:

"Due to the large volume of applications received, a short-listing process has taken place and candidates were marked based on information provided in their application forms and shortlisting questions.

I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying mark and have been placed on the short-listing panel for interview.

Dublin City Council will invite the highest placed candidates for interview initially. However, should further vacancies arise over the coming year, candidates who achieved the qualifying mark may be invited to attend for interview.

We will keep your application on file over the coming year and should your place be reached during this time, Dublin City Council will invite you for interview. At the moment, we have no information on further interview dates."

Anyone else get this? Seems vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Jamp 123

Hi guys, any news on Wexford? Are there any Counties with no offers as yet, just nervous I have missed an email, do you get a phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seamus92

I'm on the Wexford panel too. Haven't heard anything. Apparently it's much slower than Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elanicap1

Hi, any update on Tipperary, I'm in top 50 nothing yet, last I heard they were at 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 vanderpump

I just received the email the I passed my interview. I've also been offered another job in the private sector. I'd be happy to accept this job, but my 1st choice is the civil service. Since a place on the panel does not guarantee a job offer, I don't want to turn down the other job in case I don't get a CO job. I also would hate to start a new job and leave very quickly. I'm on the Cork panel. Has anyone any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hello.there

Has anybody from the Carlow panel been contacted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NellyNull

@Frostie24 yes I was notified Thursday last week on a department.

Waiting on further info e.g start date, contract etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tramoregal

Hi Seamus, I am oom 87 and had my vetting and reference checks yesterday.

Advertisement