Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

There is a great deal going on behind the scenes that the public is not aware of. UFOS is the subject of numerous classified briefings, and politicians are seeing things we have yet to see. Furthermore, there are rumors that amnesties are being considered for people who have kept the secret programs under wraps for a long time. Obviously, they are concerned that these secrets may come to light. There are numerous legal implications if these secrets come to light. Can you imagine the debunkers' reactions upon learning that UFOs do not exist and how they managed to keep this secret for 60 years? It still astonishes me the US government is willing to inform the public about something of this magnitude. The possibility of nonhumans being in our skies and possible future contact cannot be ruled out 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

some major shenanigans going on. dont think things will ever go back to normal after the fravor situation happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

I remember back in the 90's there was triangular shaped crafts seen in Co Limerick just along the Shannon estuary on the opposite side of Shannon airport and flying low.

I'd say they were stealth aircraft flying in for refueling, I know they can refuel in the air too. But flying from the Gulf would burn a lot and refueling in Shannon would have been very practical.

I've seen some strange craft back in West Clare near a lake called Doo Lough near Kilmaley one time, it was like a tick tack, or a flying tube like thing. It's a strange place that area.

Funny enough a local farmer back near Doo Lough told me as kid he seen a sasquatch like thing a few times as he described it a class of a yeti, and strange lights and owl's that have a kind of glow. I'd never undermine people telling me personal stories or experiences. There's a lot of things out there which people are unable to percieve.

Some people are wired differently and their cognition picks up on strange shapes and out of the ordinary phenomena.

Pareidolia is often used by sceptics but I think in some cases it's not pareidolia but people are in the right place at the right or wrong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

And people bullshit, which is usually the explanation.

Millions of Americans claimed to have been abducted by aliens, by an amazing coincidence that stopped when mobile phones with camera/video came out

• Advertisement

It's very hard to record them with a camera Phone they jam the frequency so it'll come out glitchy.

That's why you won't ever get a clear picture, the sasquatch etc is the same or shape shifters you'll never catch these things off gaurd.

If you're not interested in this type of thing you'll always be sceptical which is ok but I find all the paranormal stuff quite interesting. They can't all be wrong.

Countless numbers of people claimed to have been abducted by aliens, a UFO hovering near them, all that. Very simple to whip out the mobile and record it.

Likewise ghosts, I grew up with everyone telling ghost stories how they had seen ghosts, etc - again, all that has disappeared now that we have HD video cameras in our back pockets.

Never underestimate people's capacity to elaborately BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

No. They can all be wrong.

Why would you think that they can't be wrong just because there's so many claims?

What a bizarre stance to hold...

Party time :D the krakens awakened

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Big Ern McKraken?

• Advertisement

More rubbish, pulled from where the sun don't shine but with enough hooks to land gullible eejits and just enough vague nonsense to be able to explain it all away when challenged.

"There is a great deal going on behind the scenes that the public is not aware of"

But you and your cronies are aware of it, yeah? Otherwise, how would you know that it's going on behind the scenes?

"UFOs is the subject of numerous classified briefings, and politicians are seeing things we have yet to see"

Correct. Not sure why this would be news to anyone, but let me be clear here. When the words "Unidentified flying objects" or UFOs are used in this context, we are not talking about flying saucers or other types of alien spacecraft. We're talking about stuff which has been seen or recorded for which they don't yet know the explanation. You have, repeatedly, on this thread conflated the two. When governments say "yes, there are things for which we have no reasonable explanation yet", then you and the rest of the 'question everything bar the most obvious bulsh1t you find on twitter" crowd immediately go "HA!!! THERE ARE ALIENS AND T HE GOVT JUST ADMITTED IT". This is an incredibly stupid take.

Furthermore, there are rumors that amnesties are being considered for people who have kept the secret programs under wraps for a long time. Obviously, they are concerned that these secrets may come to light. There are numerous legal implications if these secrets come to light. 

Where'd you hear these rumours? Lemme guess......some random blog or CT website that nobody's ever heard of?

Can you imagine the debunkers' reactions upon learning that UFOs do not exist and how they managed to keep this secret for 60 years? 

But, we've already known for the last 60 years that alien spacecraft do not exist.

It still astonishes me the US government is willing to inform the public about something of this magnitude. 

What magnitude? Again, you're mixing up "a blob on a screen that we're not sure what it is" and Independence Day. All they've done is admitted that some things cannot be explained (yet). They haven't confirmed the existence of alien races or interstellar travel or anything like it.

The possibility of nonhumans being in our skies and possible future contact cannot be ruled out 

For sure, we cannot rule it out. But we cannot categorically state that they are 100% a reality, despite what you're trying to say here in your confused state of mind.

Well this turned out to be a big steaming heap of horse-plop, to absolutely nobody's surprise. A new account, with a deliberately provocative username, pops in and leaves their only post ever on the site, ostensibly backing up the usual resident gullible fools, then disappears off into the ether forever-more.

A more cynical man than I might infer that this was a sock-puppet account, created by one of the usual saps on this thread, in order to drop a load of un-sourced, hysterical, fear-mongering bollocksology without having to deal with the fallout of being proven to be 100% completely and utterly in the wrong and making stuff up.

But I'm not cynical, I'm a gullible fool, and I'm off to watch CNN and RTE and swallow whatever they ejaculate every three hours.

Wow that post you replied to manages to hit almost every conspiracy bingo possible.

Is it last June again? Disclosure is coming, big news, definitely this time.

I said they can't all be wrong.

Have you ever had a paranormal experience or observed something out of the ordinary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But they can be all wrong. Why would the volume of claims mean that they become automatically right?

And yes, I have. But then, by later applying skepticism and critical thinking I came to understand that those experiences weren't supernatural or all that out of the ordinary. This gives me first hand experience of how people can believe false things and fool themselves.

Please let us know your experience it would be interesting to find out how deluded you were and to what extent your mind brought you to

All the mermaid stories

All the people who saw fairies

All the people who claimed to have seen the Loch Ness monster

Mermaids, fairies and the Loch Ness monster must exist because "they can't all be wrong"?

Or is it simply because every single one of those people is deluded/bullshitting..

Haha, christ there's many of them and they are all so generic

• Advertisement

Why are you so belligerent all the time buddy? Can you relax and take a chill pill? Is your donut missing jam? This is a subject that should be of concern to everyone.

I am pointing out how transparent the UFOS matter has now become. During the last few years, senators and leaders in different fields of science, who believed that the topic was merely a myth and only witnessed by farmers and crazy people, have been given highly classified information about what the US military knows about it. The subject is something I keep up with occasionally and listen to Luiz Elizonda's podcasts that discuss what's going on in this area. In addition to running a UFO program for the Pentagon, the man has publicly admitted that there are additional secret UFO programs that he cannot discuss until he is permitted to do so because he took an oath to protect the United States and is under an official NDA to not disclose everything he learned about the other programs. On one of Elizonda's podcasts, he mentioned that amnesties could be considered for people who have kept the programs secret. After all, nobody wanted to be convicted of hiding history's greatest secret!! 

Some programs may have been funded by dark budgets, which are highly classified in nature, and the work these employees performed may be highly sensitive. The United States probably does not wish to divulge all of this information to enemies. Roswell took place, and they obtained alien technology. There are many factors to consider before they reveal that technology. 

For one thing, the US has denied the UFO phenomenon for nearly 60 years, claiming it was a weather phenomenon, atmospheric anomaly, swamp gas, etc., but now, they are saying that the craft is solid and real and that their performance can be seen by the US military, people, navy, and air force. Maybe you are not keeping up with the issue, since the US government says that what is seen in the air was not created by humans.

Fighter pilots are tracking and chasing this unidentified craft, which is moving in ways that our current technology cannot explain. Skunkworks' best aircraft can't keep up with these objects, then they are not human-made. 

In this case, the public is not privy to all the video, radar, telemetry, photographs, and research that took place.

That's the point that debunkers seem to miss. The US accepts that there are genuine real objects in the sky that don't have wings or recognizable propulsion mechanisms, no windows, and that human-designed aircraft have all these features. Many of this craft are going hypersonic or faster as they fly around the earth's atmosphere. There were some of the craft that jammed the fighter craft's scanning systems. As such, the technology there chasing can defend itself.

Speculation: Explanations can be offered regarding who could be pilots, either we are dealing with an unidentified civilization on earth that is hiding this sophisticated technology from the rest of humanity ( a breakaway civilization). There can be interdimensional bridges in the fabric of space that connect other civilizations from other planets. 

Not saying it's aliens, just trans dimensional beings and break away civilizations (of which I'm sure there will plenty fuzzy photos of).

I kind of covered all that in one of my posts. Suggesting everyone who sees something that they can't explain or feels uneasy about it is a bit harsh and it's easy to see you're probably jumping the gun a tad.

King mob had delusional episodes, I find whether it's delusional or more solid interesting.

Have you ever tried shrooms ?

The debunkers here are not interested in conversation.

I've noticed that they go into these threads and just destroy all credibility of a discussion. Then the people who want to discuss such subjects are ran out of the forum.

I believe in uap's UFO's etc and I definitely think they jam the likes of mobile phone camera's and even blurr old video cameras. If they have the technology to do what's been observed I'm sure they have a radar like thing that hones in on radio waves, binary codes, WiFi whatever else..

All based on lack of evidence, we can't get good evidence so the greys interfere with it. That's why you hear more wishy wishy inter dimensional ideas, there is no evidence of interstellar aliens so lets go full Chopra.

What's full Chopra ?

Deepak Chopra, quantum mystical woo type stuff.

The fact that the mobile camera cannot capture UFOs is likely due to the focus being insufficient, since many UFOs are located at heights of approximately 30,000 feet. or higher. When a plane is 30,000 feet in the air, how much of its defined features will you be able to see with just a mobile phone's camera? Very few people carry a professional camera with them when they go out. In fact, I would speculate that genuine sightings are very rare. YouTube features a lot of videos relating to people thinking that a shiny source of light in a pitch-black night is a UFO. This increases the ridiculousness of so many of these videos. 

I will not discuss it here, but I have seen UFOs in my life, though they were not the typical UFOs found on the internet. There is a woman in Canada who had a similar experience as I did, her name is Dorothy Izzat. I observed something in one of her videos,that matches mine. I've never been abducted or seen aliens (at least not that I know of) but I have noticed odd things in the sky throughout my life. It is because of this that I am open to conspiracies, which debunkers think are ridiculous? I sometimes wonder about that. 

Same here I think it's easier to chat with people who are interested in the UFO's etc fae Folk as the debunkers seem to have no interest in the subject. I know they're acting the maggots when they come in with their unicorn and mermaid stuff , jumping to all kinds of conclusion about people's experiences. I asked King mob what delusions he suffers from as he made a statement that he seen strange things and had experiences which were not rationale.

It'll be interesting to read what he/she seen, actually it would be even more interesting if he or she back's up their delusions with proof.

• Advertisement

Sure we all know that stuff is woo woo, and it's just a way to sell books to naive and unhappy people.

Asking the universe for manifestation of the power of the source of love and blessings etc etc

I had a conversation with him before, he appeals to people who are trying to find an easy way out of self responsibility and want to get nothing done. A lot people in recovery from drinking and drugging or codependent issues love keeping their delusions going...it's like another drug or obsession...

The keep on chasing the dragon

Advertisement