Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I wonder with all the flash forward post BB scenes (Cinnabon Saul), will we get a post BB one off series or film (like El Camino).

So glad to have this back, just a shame it has to come to an end in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I imagine at the very least, the last episode will be all post-BB.

I'd say you're spot on there.

Very interested to see what happens Kim too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

He did that same grin that he did before detonating the bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 18,637 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I thought it was Hector looking Gus Fring in the eye with a smirk that gave it away. Normally he refuses to even look Fring in the eye directly.

I only copped now that the previous BCS scene (with Hector and Fring) was a nod to the famous scene of the two where Gus Fring says ‘Look at me Hector” (Hector looks up smirks etc

Spoilers if have not seen BB obviously!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Anyone listen to the podcast with Vince Gilligan..towards the end they've a whole lot beeped out about episode number *beep*... Alluding to there being an extra episode.

That would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Will we get two episodes tomorrow night or just 1? Was hoping to see most of it before Ozark on Friday.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Amazing Episode

That Bell , it never gets old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭memorystick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damn, what a fantastic episode. After singing his praises last week, another incredible week for Michael Mando. He's been the unsung hero of the entire show. Incredible actor and character. Jonathan Banks was amazing too. I think this also sets the stage for why he ended up connecting with Jesse like he did in Breaking Bad.

I was completely blindsided by the ending though. One of the things I keep coming back to is Saul's first Breaking Bad episode, where Walt and Jesse have guns on him. He makes it seem like he and Nacho did something and he thought Lalo had sent men after him, and I always thought that's part of what Saul's story and his connection with the Cartel was heading towards. I started to assume it had something to do with the diamonds we saw he has post-BB, but now I have no idea what's happening there.

Bit of cheese acting from Juan at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 18,637 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just to echo what other posters said about s6 e3. Great episode - powerful stuff. I think it will go down as one of the all time great BB/BCS episodes. Michael Mando top notch. People have received Oscars for a lot less.

Liked the father and son thing. The decency shown between Mike and Nacho as well. Plus the way Nacho although a criminal, rewards decency. Giving the garage fella money.

Also. thought the two storylines are interwoven well. The Saul/Kim v Howard one is almost a slightly less tense relief from the Nacho/Fring v Salamanca Cartel one.

Plus there was a great bit of acting when Fring's character has a look of panic as Nacho eyeballs him.

Great stuff. It will be interesting to see how they tie in the two storylines Howard's and Lalo's. Because at some point the two are bound to intertwine fully. Plus I think it is great how Kim/Jimmy are using the Sandpiper money as justification. That they want the payment to help the elderly. But really they just enjoy the buzz of it all.

Only minor gripe is. How long did Nacho hold his breath for? Ok I timed it 1 minute 10 secs. More believable than I thought, seemed longer with the tension.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Worst thing you could say it was all a little contrived with nacho

Everything happened without much spontaneity and lacked some realism

But was still great television and that's the BCS style

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Sad to see Nacho go. Him and Mike are my favourite characters. I thought he might have fired a few shots at the Salamanca's, forcing them to kill him but he still had a great death scene. Loved him taunting Hector that he was the one who put him in the wheelchair :)

Tbh I'm much more into the cartel than Jimmy and Kim and I feel the show loses momentum when it switches to them. Hopefully Lalo turns up soon to inject some urgency.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Nacho died with complete victory , secured the safety of his dad while damning the salamancas and also Gus to hell with the disdain he always had for them

a terrific death on his own terms , love that actor , hugely charismatic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

We're three episodes into a thirteen episode run.

If you'd told me Nacho's narrative arc would be completed so quickly I wouldn't have believed you.

You'd have to assume there's a lot of things that are going to happen in this season we hadn't accounted for heading into it, there's still a lot of ground to cover, you'd have to assume there's a sizable chunk of post breaking bad narrative at the end of the season as well as elements as yet unseen.

This episode could have probably just played out the Nacho narrative in isolation and been better for it, it was the bulk of a 45 minute episode after all.

As satisfying an ending for Nacho as the narrative allowed, now the show has to make do without him.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Excellent episode

Michael Mando has been brilliant in the show .

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That was an amazing episode, one of the best across both series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My god the tension in the desert last night was something else, when they asked Nacho who he is working for and he looked straight at Gus I thought he was going to say it. The Salamanca cousins lifting Hector in the wheelchair over to Nachos body would have been funny sh1t if the tension wasnt so high.

Good interview here with Michael Mando on his final episode, the filming crew were wearing Nacho tshirts for his final day filming out in the desert

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Was it explained how Nacho came to be in Gus's possession and Gus able to hand him over to the Cartel, presumably north of the border, without raising any suspicions whatsoever for Juan Bolsa and the Salamanca's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'll miss Nacho, best storyline in the whole show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Absolutely amazing episode that ya, this might go down as one of the best episodes of BB BCS.

The bomb dropped at the last 10mins of the episode and it hit me so hard once i processed the emotions aha.

To me, obviously Nacho did what they planned to do/say - and then the stuff that he improvised (not really acting at that stage as he really hated Gus Hector guts), that he probably wished he could break out the truth right there but he couldn't, proceed to act on his own little show (struggle) there to make sure Gus is off the hook. All that, he did all that for his father. Nacho :'(

The last scene is so powerful thinking back all the shite he went through in previous seasons (such a good reminder that he was trying to kill Hector lol), and then we spent 3 episodes to see him gone through hell - all ended with this. May he rest in peace now. Notably no music no conversation after the shot went off. The twins with Hector is hilarious but i doubt any viewers could laugh at that point.

Goddamn, what an episode.

What a character, what an actor, bravo really.

Did anyone else notice Gus not walking very confidently when they were about to take Nacho from the van. It's like Gus isn't fully the confident and powerful BB Gus yet and there maybe a few power plays over the coming episodes that 'make' Gus, Gus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I'm in shock. There was so much potential with Nacho's character.

Once he got into the van , it was impossible to see any other outcome, hence the heart wrenching goodbye to his Dad.

Disregarding the other stuff for now, I think there's a bit more to the Nacho story. Hector was pumping bullets into Nacho's body. Pure hatred. And Hector already has a dislike for Nacho's dad. I think he'll be wanting more revenge and will go after the dad. Do your stuff, Mike.

However, Gilligan and Gould have a way of enticing you in then, kablamo ! Sucker punch.

The acting in this show is so good, I sometimes forget its fiction. AND, I end up feeling sympathy for men who are essentially gangsters.

For goodness sake, I'm wayyyy too soft !! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

not only that , he took his own life to save Mike the job of taking him out as had been the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Ya, oh mike sad face broke me abit there.

So ya iirc he was supposed to run to Gus/Victor and get gunned down (presumably by victor), Mike was like a back up plan for any emergency/out of plan situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Great episode.

A few questions from me.

1. Did he stab Bolsa before he killed himself and if so how did he manage to free himself of the cable ties and where did he get the weapon.

2. The opening shot seemed to show a piece of glass but the location was different to where Nacho finally dies. Did I miss something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

What a great show. Michael Mando is a brilliant actor. One of the best characters on TV over the last decade.

Advertisement