Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭samo

Actually, strike that. May 10th estimated date for online child renewal (sent April 11th) and just checked it after posting and it’s gone to printing status!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Losing hope here. On to them again this morning. The girl I was speaking to said she'll do all she can to move it along but no guarantees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HennyL

thanks for this! I submitted the supporting docs for online child renewal and they were confirmed delivered yesterday morning but still outstanding on the passport tracker app - did you notice whether it took them long to register the docs had been received?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Rightplace2016

We posted on the 13th and docs were noted on tracker received 16th which was a Saturday . They were updated on tracker on Easter Sunday 17th to processing . Then nothing until yesterday sent to print

Just got confirmation from our TD, our passport has gone to printing. She also provided me with the tracking number should I need to contact An Post.

The relief.

I hope all of you get your passports on time. The wait is horrible, I would advise being persistent with them.

Keep refreshing the webchat etc (I had best luck first thing in the morning).

All the best!

Post edited by Prospector1989 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bindyboo

I'm delighted for you Prospector1989! So what was that turnaround in totally for you? Did the passport office contact the TD first? Do you think the TD helped in it moving? Mine moved from “Processing application- We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.” TO  “Processing application - Your application is being processed” so i am still holding on hope!!

We applied on 23rd of February. Postal application. Printing now. No other information on the tracker.

We had two dates, 21st on the tracker, 26th on their system. Thankfully someone last week escalated for me.

I've no idea what got it over the line. The TD had received correspondence yesterday to say they've received her referral and appropriate action would be taken. She then called them today for an update, which is when she received the news it was printing.

So I believe she probably helped get it over the line. Although I was quite persistent as well.

Also, on the tracker, I got told by the TD that it was Printing at 11:30, the online tracker didn't update until 13:20. The status is checked every 2 hours between 07:20 and 19:20 and online tracker updated at that time. If you're like me, frantically checking, it's not likely to change within that 2 hours.

This arrived in the post this morning. So we're good to go now.

Have a great holiday!! Thanks for all the advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

So babies passport arrived today, delighted.

Gave it to my husband to store with the other passports, something told me to have one last look at everybody's passports.

Teenagers passport is up on may 15, we travel on may 17.

His is a complex renewal ( sole gaurdianship form needs to be attached).

Mad search around the house to look for his birthcert. Eventually found in the attic, of coarse it couldn't be with everybody else's, that would hav been too easy.

Anyway, appointment tomorrow with solicitor to do the sole gaurdianship part and off to cork Tuesday for a four day turnaround app.

As his is complex I couldn't risk an online application.

Annoyed with myself but glad we found out now and can get it sorted in time for our holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Jesus you were blessed you checked.

Did it take long for the babies one?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Is there any way to cancel a passport application? I accidently applied for a new passport and not a renewal 😑 I'm travelling on June 1st which leaves it tight.

Will I see any issues if I continued with the new passport application, would they flag it as incorrect and have me reapply for a renewal? Trying phone and webchat but no joy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 House of love

Keep refreshing the chat page every 2 seconds you will get through, I'm sure they can cancel it, did you do it just now or only realised now that you made an error, can you start a new renewal application separately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Applied Jan 27th, arrived yesterday.

To be honest I think I only double checked because I wanted that smug feeling of having everything in order.

Thank god I did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Tryin to find the address to cancel an application as ive made a mistake filling out forms. Anyone know the postal address?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

I can't say if these are the proper postal addresses, or which of these three offices is the one you need, but the actual locations of the buildings are as follows:

The Passport Office, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Knockmaun House, 42-47 Mount St. Lower, Dublin 2, D02 TN83.

The Passport Office, Fingal Bay Business Park, Harry Reynolds Road, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin, K32 H425.

The Passport Office, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Irish Life Building, 1A South Mall, Cork, T12 TA46.

I was going to give you the old Molesworth St address which I was familiar with, but after checking I was surprised to find that it is no longer there, and has moved to Mount St. Lower. It seems I was years out of date.

This attachment is an address which I was given recently, intended for returning the form signed by a Garda for a child's passport. It would translate as:

The Passport Service, Guardian's Consent Form, P.O. Box 13437, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin.

I don't know if this P.O. Box number is specifically for those forms only, or if it is a general P. O. Box for all passport matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 orourke84

So sorry to hear that your passport didn't come on time :( ... May I ask - when did you apply for your first time infant passport? ... I have also applied for one and the estimated date for completion is 26/5/22. Not hopeful of receiving it on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Travel dates are taken into account when it's vital travel, medical care, to see an ill family member etc that will (almost) always happen.

Holidays are another matter, they don't get the same priority, travel dates are noted but no guarantees. Ideally travel shouldn't be booked without valid passports, you will be told this many many times when chasing a passport application, so it's a game of chance. Some people win, some lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

Hi folks. Quick question, I needed to send my current UK passport off as part of my application. Will they return that to me before I receive my Irish passport? Or do they send them back all together?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Giotto3

As far as I can tell, from reading the Passport Application site, they tell you that your supporting documents will be returned to you separately from the passports and not until about 20 days after you get the new passports. That's why we didn't send our current UK passports but instead sent copies of them, certified by a solicitor, as we didn't want to be left with no passport whatever, possibly for months. The 4th of May is our estimated issue date but our witness hasn't been contacted yet. Other people on here say that all witnesses are contacted so I can't see the estimated issue date being met in our case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

I tried submitting a certified copy of my birth cert, they declined it. I had to contact the registry office back in the UK to get a "original" copy

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Giotto3

Yes, I'm hoping the certified copy of the passport will be ok as it does say you can submit photo id certified by a solicitor. However, it does clearly say you must submit the full original civil birth certificate.

The progress bar of my application is nearer the end than the beginning but, from all I've read on here, I believe that doesn't mean much. You would think that Stage 3 of the process, which is called Processing Application (We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents) would be the stage at which they would be checking all the documents you've sent and getting in touch with you if they weren't happy with them. And logically, then, stage 4, which is called Processing Application (Your application is being processed) would be something like them uploading your accepted documents onto their systems to get ready for printing. But I've seen people on here say that theirs got to stage 4 and then they were contacted to say they needed different documents. And some people here have said that one of the last things they do is contact your witness. Anyway, there's not much we can do about it but wait.

I may be wrong - but I don't believe my witness was contacted for a child renewal ... My daughters renewal was then delivered within roughly 3 weeks of submitting the application.

I'm waiting on my son's first passport - and I assume the witness will be contacted for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭baldbear

Reading this thread has made me anxious. Some people here have had alot of hardship.

Our estimated issue date is 5 May.

Our documents were received 21 March.

Our application is at been processed stage now. (We can't take it that everything is ok with documents?)

Would it not be better if they verified documents first, then put them aside to be processed instead of verifying documents at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Hi All

Applied for first tiem passport for our daughter on Feb 2nd,sent in everything and photo was accepted. The estimated date was 3rd May and we fly out on 19th May so it all looked good until Friday. I got an email telling me that the photo was not accepted and I was to resubmit a new photo though the attached link and the finish date was moved out 10days to 13th May. I got a professional photo taken but when using the link it went to an error on the website as I was submitting it. I tried the link again but was told it was expired and to apply for a new link but this was to take 5 working days but on a bank holiday that complicates that as well. Will the date be pushd out further again to resubmit the photo again? If so we are screwed.

I have tried to call but there is no answer, has anyone been able to get through to them on the phone?

I have also contacted my TD but who knows.

Does anyone think I will get this passport before 19th May? Or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for any help as I am stressed off my head.

Hi Homer1982, sorry to hear you are so stressed, in the same boat in regards to my travel dates versus my due date. I guess they will be closed till Tuesday now, but if you just keep calling the number on Tuesday until you hear a male voice (the female one just says to call back) I just literally sit there re-dailing until I hear him and then just wait in the que. Feel that can be better than the webchat. Tell them your dates , they will note them & hopefully escalate it for you. I have tried the TDs too....it can't hurt as it's just a form they fill in seemingly. I have everything crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Westcoast21

Hi, how long are adult renewals taking. Just noticed my passport outdate this morning and flying Friday morning. Am devastated. Have the renewal done online but think i will just have to cancel the accommodation. Any advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Thanks Bindyboo, I'll just have to harrass them all day Tuesday. I'm not confident really but hopefully I'm wrong

Advertisement