Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from Ryszard Chipala

Options
  • 22-09-2021 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Any one bought from this guy I’m looking to buy a bike from him

hes looking for a deposit before delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Any other info? Is it a seller on Dondeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

He has about a million bikes for sale on Facebook, I believe he's always importing bikes from Europe and usually quite a few interesting ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭D3V!L

He may as well be anyone else selling bikes on Facebook. I doubt he's paying tax or providing any sort of warranty on the bikes. Likely coming in on many of the Polish trucks going back and forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Facebook! Got a bike from a similar seller on the FaceBook and never ever again!!!

Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I just bought a bike from him and everything worked out well. I was a but worried at first giving a deposit to someone without seeing the bike or even meeting him, but speaking to him on the phone he sounded like a decent guy so took a chance. It took about 2 weeks for the bike to arrive in Dublin from Germany. He kept me up to date with the shipping progress along with pictures of ferry tickets ect. Bike was as described and have no complaints there. All and all it was a very simple process and would recommend him for sure. Mine was a vintage bike so was always going to need some tidying and tlc, but the price was decent (about 500 cheaper than any of the ones i could find in ireland and thats on a 2500 euro bike). All the paperwork was present as well. PM me if you need any more details

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Does he actually keep any stock in Middleton?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

That I don't know for sure but all the pictures look like the bikes are in Poland in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭serco

Not a frequent poster but I read this thread before buying a bike from this guy and decided to share my negative experience. Bike in question was circa 30 years old so needed some tidying, pictures showed the bike accurately etc.

Bike was received late one evening so checked it was running, no damage etc. Seemed fine.

Bike was stored in garage and ridden for the first time 2 weeks later to VRT it. The bike ran like a dog, misfiring, down on power, etc. On the way back the front brakes seized in traffic likely because his mechanic hadn’t bled them properly.

The bike was sold as fully serviced, plugs done, brakes pads, etc with good tyres. On further inspection nothing appeared serviced. Oil was old, plugs old, air filters old etc. Potentially the carbs were stripped and cleaned but the bike was diagnosed as only running on one cylinder recently and the seller confirmed the carbs weren’t balanced after being stripped. Tyres were also 10 and 12 years old but confirmed perfect when I purchased the bike.

I’d question a mechanic who wouldn’t rebalance carbs after a rebuild, it would have been obvious from the rebalance that it was only running on one cylinder. Issue with the brakes could have caused a serious accident also.

Zero effort from the seller to resolve anything here. I gave him an opportunity to make a reasonable contribution to the costs but a waste of time and effort.

Just providing some feedback to people in case they are thinking of using him. Obviously, some feedback in this thread is positive but I wouldn’t go near this guy again and would advise others to steer clear, nothing but problems. Had intended to possibly get another bike off him and made him aware of this but obviously repeat business isn’t important!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭GavPJ

What did you buy if you don't mind me asking. He has had a couple of bikes I have been tempted to buy.

He has some great bikes for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Someone I know is interested in one of the bikes he has listed, but if these aren't in the country yet - despite the ad saying Midleton - then going on mixed reviews I'd be wary. It's too easy for older bikes in particular to be camera-friendly and in real life have lots of pitting, gummed up carbs etc.

I'm also curious about some of these bikes are in PL anyway: one 'I' am looking at is early 1980s. Back then that was behind the Iron Curtain, so provenance is something I'd be curious about.

It would be easier to buy off a dealer in Germany or NL and ship it in, even if it was a bit dearer.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

I'd be the same. Especially as modern fuel will eat through the rubber in the carbs and petcock if its just sitting up and then rust the tanks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

A Small Claims Court effort isn't too hard, as was the case for me with some dealer who pretended to be a private person. Sales of Goods and Supply of Services Act isn't a warranty but better than nothing. If someone has the volume of a dealer, they're a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Anyone a link?

Is this guy offering warranty?

Advertisement