Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Folks, it isn't like this wasn't mentioned about half a dozen posts back...

Please do not name installers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,102 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

First time hitting over 40 kw since the install in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

38.1kWh today. Best day of the year.

5.7 kWp SW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Best day yet for my system. 56kwh generated but sadly loads given to grid for free even if I did manage to use nearly 30 of it.

9.7kwp galway

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Not too far behind you with 8.6kwp, The Flat(ish) panels are starting to stretch their legs!

Was out for a couple of hours but that allowed us to empty the car a bit to soak up most of the excess when we got back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Only 14kWh on a 3.2kw install in Cork. It was couldy for a good chunk of the day and when it wasn't cloudy, it was a bit misty.

Need a battery next, we have enough hot water to fill a swimming pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Another cracking day, 2nd highest of the year so far

Tomorrow estimate is around 35kws so a few more days like today and will catch up to March numbers.

Coming up on the 12th day of no import (shame about the daily import of up to 1kwh as the Solis is too lazy)

Post edited by SD_DRACULA on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

33.2kWh. Another record today. Car is now fully charged so will have lots of surplus tomorrow I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

47.1 output today from 6.9 south facing system. Best yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

I wasnt looking for it to be mentioned in the thread... just a PM.

• Advertisement

Yeah but someone else answered in the thread lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,656 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Best day of generation so far…

and I think records might tumble daily!!!

car is already full!!

I'm back to work tomorrow so I'm scheduling a few hours worth at 2Kw into the car from the battery overnight so it'll be low enough to refill tomorrow when I'm not here.

5th straight day of 30kWh+ and tomorrow might just make it 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭tnegun

Apologies I mostly use the FB group and they allow it and I'd forgotten it was different here!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That’s just a super result for a 6kW system, I assume full South facing with no shading all day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

My 4.8kwh battery is almost lasting the whole night now when the weather is as good as the last few days. Only showing a grid purchase today so far of 0.6kWh and taking in 3kwh at 09:30, battery nearly half full already. 😁

Still around 120kw needed to beat March's production, but 6 days left and forecast is decent.

Dual system. One South facing with no shade until late evening and one West facing. 9.7kwp panels

Ah, nice evening timing for cooking the dinner etc.

Yep that was the plan with the West facing one. I think possibly best combo if available is south with some West facing

That's what I have. It is good alright. At 7pm last night I was still generating 2.4kW. Didn't drop below 1kW until 8pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,656 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm delighted I went with max panels on my NE facing roof aspect. The lads got 6 panels totalling 2.04kWp up there, and I've been well impressed with the level of production I'm getting off them.. have seen 1.5kW from that string on some good sunny afternoons, and even now just after midday, they are producing at about 50%

Car is pretty much full, so will need to go for a drive later just to have somewhere to put tomorrows excess!!

Back to earth with a bump. 16.1kWh today, exactly half of Sunday's total.

Might actually stop the discharge for a while overnight to stave off any day rate purchase tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

Thankfully I can control my whole system from my Node-Red Dashboard on my phone, so I just have to decide as to whether to continue discharging overnight or to use grid.

Next job is to automate this manual daily decision, after confirming a stread reliable weather forecaster.

Great week, I've just topped up my EV to 100% so likely minor exporting today after water temp reaches max

As usual prediction all over the place

21 and counting but tomorrow estimate 12kwh aka probably 3kwh in reality and 0 sun, unlikely to beat March unless the other two days are 35+ each which I doubt very much.

Today is the 14 day anniversary of no import 🤗

On a day with cloud forecast, I end up with the best day of the month.

36.3kWh and still generating.

Exported 1.6

Strange one here too, estimated 24kwh, generated 34.5kwh, 12 in the batteries and 15 into the car, but 1 kwh trickle export still happened 😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

A solid 38 kWh today but I need to average nearly 25 kWh/day for the next 4 days to beat March. March really was an epic month....

Tomorrow will be ok but the remaining few days don't look that great.

For the month to date I have used 45% of my PV and considering I dont have a battery or an EV I am happy with that. EV on the way due June so I will ramp up the % usage hopfully (6.1 kWp system in Cork)

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

42.4 kWh here today but with it 110kwh so far less than march I think April will just beat it but not by much

• Advertisement

Some interesting values coming out of a 6kwh inverter today, after heavy cloud cover and sun coming out in between, it boosted past 7kwh quite a few times

Probably for a split second and then went down but you won't see this on the Solis app, only when polling the inverter locally 😁

Advertisement