Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I have word for Bolgers in the last in Cork 5.45 I Have a Voice stepped up in trip expected to go well around 8s.and I give a small chance to The Macon Lugnatic at 14s in the 4.29 Haydock.

A good card at Newbury but nothing strikes me as a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭munster87

I got word about the same horse today. That may be a good sign! Or not! We’ll see!

PO was money back for tenner all losers and I stuck a tenner ew on Enemy in a race I was not interested in.

Sometimes you would almost feel sorry for the bookie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭munster87

The National is always tough JP,OLearyand Muillins are mob handed and fir me its a tenner ew kind of race,I have backed Its Time to Get Up at 14s,a real stayer who has managed to get a drop of about 5 lbs and would not be here is he has not got not some chance 14 to 1 6 places.

Post edited by zimmermania on

• Advertisement

A 3 mile amateur riders handicap at 5.16 Perth may provide an interesting bet today for small stakes.

The fav is Farmers Gamble and the only reason i can find for the horse being fav is that its trained by Skelton,well beaten in 4th last time over 2 1/2 miles was a winner of a novice hurdle over 2 miles before that and may not be suited by 3 miles today.

My idea of the winner is AUDITORIA 9/2 who ran well enough in a class 3 and class 4 in last two runs,dropped in class today,

her last run was a staying on 4th over 2 1/2 miles running on at the finish to suggest she will stay the trip today.

One who will get the trip is last years winner WORLD'S TRIP who is trained by Olly Murphy who also trains AUDITORIA.

It could be close between the two Murphy mares and i wouldnt put anyone off backing WORLD'S TRIP ew.

I will do a reverse forecast on the two.

Auditoria travelled very well and looked like she was in with a real chance before sprawling on landing and unseating rider.

Worlds Trip looked like pulling up until galloping on strongly to take 2nd,had she consented to run on earlier she may well have won,maybe she needs extreme distances to show her best.

I put Auditoria in the tracker ab she should win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Well done Zimm ....good info ..

A lot of racing to distract us today so i am only backing David OMeara's horses,stable is flying and i am confident he will have a few winners.

Ripon is one of his local tracks and he has two topweights worth supporting.

2.20 HORTADAR was veyr unlucky last time when squeezed out at the start before running on well and should win today.

NOMADIC EMPIRE is a smart sprinter and even though this is his first run for 6 months if ready should have too much speed for these.

Stable jockey Danny Tudhope could have ridden these but goes instead to Haydock and has a couple there with chances.

He rides Love Interest in the 2.40 but i will not back it as some of the big boys have good entries.

I think he is in Haydock primarily to ride DARKNESS one of OMearas typical buys from France that he does so well with.

DARKNESS had his first run for OMeara in the Lincoln when well down the field but not disgraced btn 7 lengths eased when chance was gone,ran ok in his next run and having dropped a few lbs should be competitive today in the 3 .45.

A 3 time winner in France and ran ok in group company over there i expect this one to contest all the big handicaps and maybe the Cambridgeshire later on but in the meantime can go very close today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭crushproof

I missed last week's successes but a nice start with Hortadar already today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

New comer here - just wanna thank @zimmermania for today's result - took 2W 3P off a EW-Canadian today which has nicely ended a dry run (took boardman at 2:05 for the extra win) - im not a big gambler but i LOVE a flutter at the weekend, and enjoy the races - :)

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Nomadic Empire was easy to back,today was not the day and we were lucky to get the place money the way the race unfolded,he has had his run now and I am certain he will be aimed at one of the big sprint handicaps like the Great St Wilfrid at Ripon.

Make note of this one,he is useful and for whatever reason he was hunted up the inside today without being asked to get competitive

Darkness is also well weigted for the top handicaps over a mile or 9 furlongs,got messed about today and still ran well,another for the notebook.

Punchestown never used to get all of my attention coming as the jumps are fading and the flat getting into full swing.

However there is some first class racing and some real betting opportunities (though not today with two bumpers and a hunters chase) in the coming days.

The 4.50 a handicap hurdle is the only race worth looking at from a betting point and most winners of this in the last 20 years were priced between 10 and 20/1 and normally carry less than 11 stone.

One that caught my eye is HEARTS ARE TRUMPS owned by J P and trained by Des McDonagh who trains just a few nowdays but can still get one ready.

He was beaten by Glancalso owned by J P 10 days ago and is now 7 lbs better off.JP likes to win these races and we can be sure both will be going all out to win.

HEARTS ARE TRUMPS has won here before and has also won at the Gaway festival off higher marks and is worth a little ew 5 places at the 14 or 16/1 thats available on ground that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,371 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I presume it's a typo, but the bookies must be watching you if you brought a horse in from 200/1 to 14/1.

Hugh Taylor better watch out 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

I hear Patrick Mullen's. Is fancied for 2 bumpers expected to win maybe a double . I'm on two singles and a double.👍

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Of course it was way too early to determine how the race would have worked out but i was happy with the way he travelled to 4 out before he made a mistake and fell.

I will not be surprised if he is not competitive again before Galway.

LIFE IN THE PARK won a qualifier for the for the Adare Manor handicap hurdle in Tramore by 17 lengths two and a half weeks ago,galloping all over the field.

The handicapper may have let him in lightly off a mark of 119,he may not have beaten much in the Tramore race but he did it very easily.

Lightly raced (only 3 runs) he may be even better than he has shown to date,in his first run over hurdles he was beaten 6 lengths running on well at the finish by Freedom to Dream in a maiden hurdle when he started 9/4 2nd fav.

Freedom to Dream is 5/2 to win the valuable hurdle at 4.15 and Sams Choice who was 2nd that day also runs in the race.

Freedom to Dream is rated 133 suggesting LIFE IN THE PARK is well handicapped on 119 and with 6 places available is an ew bet at around 8s.

And just for good measure De Bromhead bought him after he fell at the last when 15 lengths clear on his only run in a point to point.

TAHITIAN PRINCE was ready to win first time out last year and never stopped improving all season winning 3 on the AW and one on turf,should have nearly won off this mark on last run over c and d but did not get a run in time.

The ground is a slight concern (has run well on good) as no way of knowing if as good on firm,the ground is good to firm now and that might be ok.Drifting a little to 9/2 and may drift a little further and is an ew bet in the 1.50 at Ascot.

• Advertisement

Was in Pp shop and I see it's only 5 places in the 3.40,its still 6 places online where I did my bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I do not fancy getting involved in the big field handicaps today so i am backing 3 in an ew patent at Punchestown.

GRANGE WALK 4.15 would probably have beaten Mt Leinster last time but for falling and a clear round will probably be good enough,Paddy goes 4 places.

GO ANOTHER ONE is running to a level of form that may be good enough in the 4.50 a race that may not take a lot of winning.

3rd selection is the enigmatic PAISLEY PARK who is big enough at 15.2 and if doing his best could win the 5.25,though this is a race that could provide a different winner if run every week,i will not go mad but a fiver ew patent (7 bets) will provide an interest.

Odds are 3/1 9/2 and 15/2.

No joy today,the patent was probably the right idea as nothing stood out and i donated 70 euro to Paddy.

Ladbrokes go 3 places in the listed fillies race at 3.15 at Goodwood and that is where i will be backing two ew against the field.

Number 2 has no chance,num 3 is offf for 587 days and has a bit to find,num 1 is rated 87 and is fav on possible potential rather than what she achieved,num 7 has form in group company in ireland for Jessica Harrington but disappointed in last couple of runs and is now trained in the UK.

Roger Varian saddles 2 and i prefer the chance of SAVE A FOREST who was 4th in the group 1 Oaks and can do well this year,he also saddles Lady Hayes who has a chance on form.Both are rated 100

Both are around 9/2 with Ladbrokes and i will back both ew with a bigger amount on SAVE A FOREST.

I tipped up Cicely at a good price when she won and though a bit disappointing last time she can get back to winning ways in the 4.oc Wol the scene of her last win,around 9/2. Boyles go 4 places.

Fingers crossed for rain in the Curragh before monday where Cailin Cliste is due to run again.

Post edited by zimmermania on

The 1.50 at Doncaster is a good contest with 21 runners and 6 places available

Horses carrying between 8 and 9 stone used to win this but like a lot of big handicaps these days classier horses are taking part and horses carrying over 9 stone have won the last 4 runnings.

JUMBY is one i like and even with 9 stone 9 on his back can he win this.

Two and a half weeks ago over the course and distance JUMBY missed the break but ran on well in the last half furlong to snatch 3rd,however that was a group 3 and JUMBY may prove to good for these despite his big weight.

NOTRE BELLE BETE has been winning AW handicaps by coming late and running on strongly,lightly raced on turf his last run in the Lincoln on soft ground was not as bad as it seemed finishing in 9th not beaten all that far without ever really getting into the race.

He has form on grass in ireland and ran in listed company and was even thought good enough to send to Ascot to run in a group 3.

An ew bet at 8s in the 2.25 Newmarket,nothing else stands out and i am backing both ew.

The 2,000 gns looks like being a great race to watch,if Perfect Power does not get lit up he might test Native Trail but that is a big if.

I have been told that Jim Bolger expects Boundless Ocean to run ok in the 2000 gns as its money back all losers in Paddys it's worth having a few win bets for small money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

so full refund if your horse doesnt win or place?

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭crushproof

Must be in store for Paddy's only, not appearing online

Advertisement