Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

Human resources

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

"Daddy Magic" has great comedy value. Solid episode of Rampage. Jade v Marina wasn't as bad as it could have been, but still pretty rough in spots. Jade was the one doing most of the work which is always a risk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My biggest gripe with the main event was jade not selling her leg after shafirs attacks and submission.

Unpopular opinion with this one I'd say. I'm a big fan of MJF but I feel like it's the same thing everytime he's feuding with someone. Cody, Moxley, Jericho, Punk and now Wardlow. They have to go through a load of obstacles set up by MJF and have matches with people chosen by him before they face him. Just feels like it's the same thing each time . I don't mind it too much this time around because it's getting Wardlow over but maybe something a bit different for his next feud.

I know someone will say well he's a heel. I know but maybe freshen up the formula for the next feud.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd say that's a fair observation, there's been a pattern of MJF using his "superpower" to dictate all the terms which is a part of what makes him the ultimate heel in so many aspects, but it could do with a bit of variety. I think part of it is that MJF is the bad guy of the company, everything he's in feels like main event stuff and he could probably do with some "ordinary" matches to bring him back down to earth a bit - should they so choose! It seems like they're making the most of how hot he is whilst they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It is slightly repetitive, but it's leading to the storyline of eventually nobody backing him up, he's already lost wardlow, FTR have turned face and now he's having to outsource to get people to help him, inevitably spears is gonna piss off when wardlow powerbombs him to dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great to see Takeshita back and the DDT partnership up and running along side the NJPW one.

With the NJPW & NOAH card eariler in the year I wonder what are the chances of NOAH starting a full working relationship with AEW and not just there DDT brand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm guessing Kazarian will join Sammy and cost scorpio the ladder match?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Man, the pop when Wardlow finally powerbombs MJF is going to be ridiculous, but the pop when The Chair Pervert Spears hits MJF with a chair will get close. Maybe even go back to his perfect 10 days and give him 10 chairshots and get the fans to count them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dark Order's 10 is already doing the 10 with the hands like Tye used to do. Actually had to look up his WWE name as couldn't remember.

• Advertisement

That chair pervert is a lucky man. He has a nice little niche for himself in AEW and his wife is a knockout. Pun absolutely intended.

Edit: She just had to go and ruin the joke straight away by leaving TNA.

Post edited by Pentecost on

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cannot wait for Dax v Wheeler and then the Pièce de résistance will be Punk on Commentary.

Going to be loaded with Bret and Owen references and as huge Hart fan I cannot wait

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Big Cass in for MJF for Wardlow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Sure sounds like it. Fun fact also is that the girl interviewing MJF, Lexi Nair is Big Cass' gf! He looks great in Impact these days so hope he gets a decent showing at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The JAS must watched latest OSW review for that fireball spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The champ Page out with Covid19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If they're bringing in Big Cass, they have to bring in Enzo and do them against The Acclaimed. Enzo vs Caster on the mic would be fantastic.

Kingston is great on the mic but I hate this "I'm so gangsta" thing he's doing now. Talking like they've actually killed people. Fúcking dumb, shut up.

Guevara giving it the "Watch this" and then almost killing himself was some tragic comedy. Lambert's reaction was the cherry on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

So 2 Impact talent next week with Morrissey and Deonna.

Was just thinking if BCC took on a woman, who would be a good fit? Deeb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hope Morrissey is a one and done otherwise it will inevitably end up as a rehash if he's Maxwell's new heavy.

Then again can't see Morrissey doing an easy Job to Wardlow. It's an interesting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Morrissey has been really solid in impact, and while wardlow shouldn't lose between now and beating MJF, at some points MJF has to get heat on him, causing the DQ and having Morrissey repeatedly kick wardlow in the face wouldn't be the worst way to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Probably one of the lesser Dynamites for me tbh.

Dax vs. Cash was great, nice to see a tag team fight each other and not even tease tension afterwards. The BCC match was good but overlong. I though the Shida/Deeb street fight was decent and Deeb vs Rosa could be good and hopefully get some time. I do echo a previous poster that the MJF stuff is getting a bit repetitive, especially if it's another month of this. Although Morrissey coming in would be fun (I'm in the minority but please bring Enzo).

The UE match was a bit of a letdown unfortunately and I though the JAS segment was really bad tbh, it just seemed a bit cringe and seems obvious where it's going. I know someone is probably going to say it's meta about bad WWE stuff but that is a weird own goal. The ladder match was alright but that spot with Sammy looked rough and it was pretty dumb to have him take a bump off a ladder onto barbed wire and the get up to take a less interesting bump before the finish.

It was just a step down for me, I do think AEW feels like it's in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment certainly feels like it's going to shake that off the next month to build to DON. Rampage looked ridiculous, not just in great stuff but also in how much they're cramming in, genuinely feels like too much.

EDIT - I should add, I did enjoy the Wardlow match all the same and the Fenix return was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd accept that, surely the way to go keeps both men strong.

Since it's likely a one off appearance like when he brought in Nick Gage, I think Wardlow will win. But does give Morrissey a wider audience who probably still thinks of him as Big Cass.

I know a lot of people like that they only do 4 PPVs a year but I really think they could bump it up to 6 and have one every 2 months. It does feel like AEW goes into a holding pattern a lot until the last 3 or 4 weeks before a PPV where they ramp up the build up. Some feuds just drag on forever to stretch it out until the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Deeb’s probably a bit old, given their thing is improving up-comers. On the other side, the likes of Sky Blue and Julia are a bit too young and raw still.

I’d say the best fit would be Hayter. Has that mean streak reputation, good in the ring, needs to get away from Brit, and is English with fits the brand nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Honestly can't call who will win between Swerve & Darby tonight.

That's a great shout she's wasted as Britt's sidekick. It was a good way of bringing her in but she's better than that.

I saw it mentioned by a few on Twitter, signing Malcolm Bivens (he was released yesterday by WWE) and putting him with Jade Cargill could be a great pairing. I was never a big fan of Mark Sterling either so it would be a big upgrade for me.

• Advertisement

Not to make it about race at all but image wise it makes sense to put her and Velvet and Kiera Hogan with a cool black man rather than a white lawyer type. They could fire Sterling when they blame him for a loss or something.

Advertisement