Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So what real world range and charging speeds are we getting folks?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

In winter (Jan, Feb, Mar), mix of motorway and city, over the first 1500km averaged 22kWk/100km

Now with slightly warmer weather (April), same mix of driving but only over the last 600km, the average is around 18.5kWh/100km (for that 600km).

That's a grand average (over 2100km) of 21kWh/100km.

Jan, Feb, Mar range (100% - 0%) = 350km (77kWh / 22kWh/100km)

April range (100% - 0%) = 416km (77kWh / 18.5kWh/100km)

Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr range (100% - 0%) = 366km (77kWh / 21kWh/100km)

As for charging, i've only had to DC fast charge 3 times:

Two charges at 50kW at an ESB 50kW, one was at 70% SoC (testing it) the other was at like 50% SoC as I had 15 mins to kill at the Applegreen on the M1.

One charge at IONITY (Citynorth), arrived with 20% SoC after an 80 minute drive (I even turned the HVAC off so i wasn't stealing heat from the battery), got 73kW for 10 mins then left (I'd plenty to get home, I just wanted to see the car's party piece), very disappointing (although it was 5 degrees outside). The lack of battery preconditioning is my major gripe with the car to date, the sooner it's implemented the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I haven't tested it but I'd understood from other forum there is battery preconditioning, though you must put in the charger as a destination point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

From one of the Kia forums, UK based:

From the sales manager at our local Kia dealer today:

Thank you for choosing to order your new Kia EV6 from us – as an independent dealer group, we greatly appreciate your custom. It is for this reason that I thought to drop you a note regarding the extended vehicle lead times that we are currently experiencing.

In more usual times, your new Kia might already be on your driveway. Unfortunately Kia, along with all manufacturers, have experienced delays in the sourcing of parts and logistics.

The reasons for this are varied. Some countries from which parts are sourced are still affected by Covid shutdowns, and those that are recovering from the pandemic are experiencing difficulties in re-establishing their supply chains. The situation in Ukraine, and the resulting restrictions on Russian trade, have had further impact.

While not all vehicles are subject to unanticipated delays, forward guidance is increasingly difficult as build dates and transport logistics are subject to frequent change. To avoid giving information that later transpires to be inaccurate, many systems that usually provide delivery estimates are not currently available to us. This means that our teams don’t receive confirmed supply information until much later than usual.

Notwithstanding this, while you await the arrival of your car, your designated sales consultant will contact you from time to time as a matter of courtesy, and will convey any delivery information as soon as it is available to us.

In the meantime, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience and assure you that your custom is important to us.

Yours sincerely,

A very copy and paste reply if you ask me. The above could be said about any car of any brand right now. EV or otherwise.

Only thing it really does is confirm that recent orders (including mine) won't know a delivery date for some time yet!

Not from my test back at the start of March (running version 20220211 of the software) - navigation to IONITY Citynorth via the "Kia Live" app within the car infotainment screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭creedp

Given that it's not specifically mentioned, does it mean that sourcing EV batteries is no longer a key constraint?

Silicon is the current key constraint, specifically for semi conductors. The automotive industry are low man when it comes to sourcing semi conductors leading to a general shortage. EVs tend to be pretty high tech when compared to ICE cars but ICE cars have also been significantly impacted. https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/automakers-chip-firms-differ-when-semiconductor-shortage-will-abate-2022-02-04/

A lot of that wont make a lot of sense if you don't have a background in electronics but essentially as long as there is a shortage in high end chips you won't see the shortage is older less profitable chips abating. The automotive industry takes up the slack from other industries to achieve the lowest price point, that's how the market is geared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rebelyell2022

Hi all.

A query RE the interior panels of the EV6 GT Line. Picked up the new car from the dealer last month and noticed today as I was cleaning it that one of the interior door trims does not match the others - it's black when it should be white. Just wondering - before I take it back to the dealer - if anyone else has had the same thing in theirs? Thanks !

GT Line as well and by the looks of it the same exterior colour. All doors trims are that cream/white colour, definitely looks wrong that one panel is black.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are you saying you have three doors that are black/white combo and one door that is black/black combo?

How did you only notice it now 😂 what's worse is the dealer didn't spot it though when they were prepping the car.

Are those your photos of your car? Top is the driver door. Second is the rear driver side door? Third is the rear passenger door? And fourth is front passenger door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 rebelyell2022

Yup, that's it exactly! We normally have child seats in the back so that's probably why we did not notice. But when I took the seats out to clean the car I noticed it straight away. Will contact the main dealer in the am!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Alan30

A stone thrown up on the M1 cracked the windscreen. Not able to get it replaced until mid May as there is 3-4 week delay on getting them. The car will then have to go back to the garage to get a camera in the rear view mirror re-calibrated.

Edit, wrong thread

Sorry to hear that / see that. We appreciate you keeping us posted regarding the timeframe for replacement parts. What are your options for getting around? Or is it possible to keep driving as it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Alan30

Unfortunately no other option but to keep driving it and hope it doesn’t get any worse. Crack is just out of my eyeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

On the Ioniq 5 thread dealers are calling to cancel orders .. could be on the cards here also I guess

🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

I heard there's a Kia-Europe pow-wow happening later this week, after which dealers here will know a lot more.

I wasn't given any indication as to whether it would be positive or negative for us waiting in the queue though!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

I don't really understand why the continue to promote the car if you can't actually buy it - rung a dublin dealer a few weeks back who isn't taking any more orders and said hes now struggling to fulfil the July orders he was taking.

what else have they to do, gotta keep those PR and Sales people busy

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

The Sales Reps won't be getting much commission if KIA can't get them the cars - spoke to one dealer this morning who isn't taking any more orders - said he had 30 orders on his booked but only 3 definitely being delivered in 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Anybody on here due to replace tyres soon? If so I'd be interested in your thoughts as regards going for a different make

Christ, really already?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Ah I've a good bit to go yet but I'm travelling to France Germany and Italy in late August so I'll be needing new x4 boots by then... I'll rotate them back to front they will have 20k on them at least before i leave..

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Hit this milestone this morning ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Well done, 4.5km/kWh = 22.2 kWh/100km, about the same as we're getting here

My favourite tyre (Christ how old do I sound) has been the Michelin Primacy 4, quiet enough (72dB) and efficient (A) and great grip in the wet (A).

https://www.oponeo.ie/tyre/michelin-primacy-4-255-45-r20-105-v-xl-vol?origin=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv86jpvm29wIVFe3tCh0cLgeTEAQYAiABEgJ3yPD_BwE

at €262 per corner it will be a serious investment.

The Continental PremiumContact 6 that came as standard are slightly noisier (73dB) but less efficient (C) and same level of grip in the wet (A).

I'm sure there's very little difference in the day to day grind of things, but it would be interesting to see if changing the tyres would eek out a bit more range.

If it helps I sent for the acoustic version of that tyre and had zero complaints after fitting, the acoustic was only a small bit more cost wise

So this basically - https://www.123tyre.ie/rshop/Tyres/Michelin/Primacy-4/235-40-R19-96W-XL-Acoustic--VOL--mit-Felgenschutzleiste--FSL-/R-392544#

Never seen such a fancy tyre. At a bit over a grand a set, it is pricey.

Yeah, just over a grand is what I paid locally as only a fraction of a saving over buying myself, you're worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Wife doing well on hers : 5.1 km / kwh = 19.5 kWh/100KM. probably 70/30 local / motorway

Advertisement