Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I tend to agree. I think Hector is evil and even with Nacho dead he will seek revenge I think Mike will struggle to protect him.

Could be as simple as burning down his business. Might not come up again but I think it will.

The outcome might lead to the setup of the Hoover repair man who will help people disappear including Jimmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Actor who played 'Hoover Repair Guy' died in 2019. Robert Forster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

You'd have to expect nachos father will feature

The simple fact that nacho 'died to protect him' means that's likely not the end of it, probably Mike to save him

Oh I know but they would just have the van pull up and take someone or it could be a throw away comment by Mike about knowing a guy who can give you a new life for a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,637 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Watched this breakdown of s6 e3. Which was framed in the context of the importance of Nacho to BCS/BB. Also mentions the use of colour in BB/BCS

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

This is the scene whether Hector met Nacho’s father.

The start of all Nacho’s troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I was thinking as well that it isn't over for Nacho's dad and Hector will come for him, but Mike protecting him needs to sync with the facade of peace they have going on in Breaking Bad. Not sure how they can do that, should be fascinating.

Hector is such a horrible ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m on season 5

without spoilers for things to come can someone please explain why Jimmy is harassing Howard?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’d say there’s a number of reasons. In no particular order

Jealousy/bitterness

Revenge for Howard’s treatment of Kim in an early season

Someone to project his feelings towards Chuck onto

By the way you’re asking for trouble reading this thread until you’re caught up 😉

Howard leading HHM do not want the lump sum from sandpiper case (the elderly care home.)

Jimmy would get a big cut of this if it went through. Idea is to make Howard ‘crack’ so they get the sandpiper money. At least that is my understanding of it.

Plus Jimmy views Howard as smug and uptight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Probably been mentioned already but I see both Rhea Seehorn and Giancarlo Esposito have a directing credit in future episodes.

Yeah Rhea is the next episode, some good predictions of episode 4 from this on this channel

I haven’t read anything in the thread other than these two responses. Very easy to avoid other posts.

It has already been established that Chuck strong-armed Howard about not giving him a job and that Chuck Howard to keep him down.

None of reasons make sense to me.

Jimmy knows it was Chuck using Howard against him after he passed the bar. And Jimmy has has seen Howard at rock bottom over HHM and gave him the pep talk that woke him up.

Howard offered Jimmy a place at HHM (that he did originally want to do) and because of this Jimmy suddenly gets cruel?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know the season/episode where Nacho poisoned Hector, had completely forgotten about that story line so might go back and watch it again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah it is complex one. One of the theories is Jimmy resents Howard for grieving properly over Chuck’s death. Moving on and going all zen like -Namaste etc.

But Jimmy on the other hand became Saul instead of grieving for Chuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Anyone remember Gus telling Hector (in BB, after the massive shoot out in Mexico) "YOU are the last of the Salamancas!" and pointing at Jesse and saying that he has shot the last one? Or am I hallucinating retrospectively 🤣?

I ask, because the reference to Nacho in BB came to nothing (fair play to whoever above remembered THAT, I only remember Lalo's name in that scene) could also mean the both Nacho and Lalo are actually the dearly departed by then. Hopefully.

Regarding the speculation about what Mike's purpose was at Nacho's last meeting, I think the way the show is written is meant to cause speculation. Yes Mike said "in case it all goes south", but we're not privy to whatever conversation took place over the bottle of whiskey. So I think its reasonable to wonder if Mike would have taken Nacho out if there was a chance the Salamancas were going to get their hands on him. Of course there's a WHOLE bag of worms right there. But, they could have written it that way with some major tweaking, or with Nacho and Dad heading to Manitoba. I still think we were meant to think/hope that Mike was going to pull off some sort of miracle and save Nacho. Making the outcome all the more shocking.

So now, both Mike and Gus have referred to "civilians" as innocents not deserving of cartel punishments. I think Hector will definitely go after Nacho's dad, and I think Gus won't be interested, but maybe Mike DID lift some of Nacho's money from the safe (with the driving licence) and will encourage the dad to disappear. Who do we suppose created those Manitoba licences in the first place? Vacuum cleaner man is still alive in BB, so he could be used (sadly without the actual actor appearing). I think the vet's getting a call......

and yet...... the last thing Nacho's dad said to him was "go to the police". Straight up, trust the authorities type of guy! Will he buy into a new identity?

My head is wrecked. (I'm waiting for someone to reply to me saying "so is mine after reading all that!" 🤣)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Anyone else think that the twins are a gimmick well past their sell-by date?

The slow, synchronised movements, the lack of any dialogue, the walking towards speeding cars and bullets without a care in the world. Perhaps that kind of stuff is best left in the Marvel universe.

No? Just me? Ok then.

• Advertisement

You have put out a good theory on Nacho’s dad in fairness. As for analysing the show. I am the same myself. Looking for twists or past/future references. The fact they can build the tension despite knowing the end of most of the characters is some going.

It is almost written like a play instead of a TV series. Nudges along slowly building depth and drama.

I think it works well tbh. A close up of the shoes/suit brings tension. Even if the cousins end up doing nothing in the scene there is always the possibility they might. It is almost a bit of dark comic relief at other times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

On this, while I mostly agree, I was pretty disappointed with the golf club scene. Jimmy/Saul making a scene in the clubhouse in front of Kevin and all the other members had to get back to Cliff and Howard. Then a bag of coke mysteriously falls out of his locker on the same day?!

Thought that was poor on the part of BCS .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Pretty sure Howard came over to Jimmy after the death to attempt to move the blame and guilt off himself and onto Jimmy.

Think this is what completely turned Kim on him too.

Ya they're way ott , a caricature

Don Eladio is a good bit ott too

A lot of the gangster stuff is stylised and stagy not gritty or realistic

But still the gangsters are fantastic creations all round in the show

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Hey! It's Colin Robinson from What We Do in the Shadows!

Found it s3 e8 ‘the slip’

Seeds were sown for his plan in the episode ‘off brand’.

And if I remember correctly Fring had one of his men follow Nacho and saw him dumping the real pills. Fring put two and two together when he saw a nervous Nacho after Hectors stroke. They exchanged ‘a look’.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

When Nacho had that emotional chat with his father I thought he probably would die.

Hector was like a child at the end, shooting at his dead body.

Yeah I forgot about the treatment of Kim sent to the doc room. Really annoyed Jimmy because Howard and Chuck were punishing her because of Jimmy’s Sandpiper advert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, a bit. The trouble is, it worked well in Breaking Bad because they were only in about half a season. But that set the tone for their characters, so now every time they appear in BCS, they pretty much have to be the same. They work well for the most part as their role is always kept fairly static; they're just pure enforcers, driven by nothing but sheer will and determination. There are definitely parts where I'd have rathered some general cartel goons were used instead (like delivering the money to Saul for Lalo's bail), but so long as they're not used for anything major, they're fine. At the very least, their Terminator-esque drive and lack of charisma/dialogue etc is very well offset by Lalo's effortless charm, ingenuity and ability to flip a switch and become utterly menacing.

Advertisement