Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumcondra, Griffith Hall Apartments

Options
  • 07-12-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey,

Does anyone currently live here or have any experience with the Griffith Hall apartments in Drumcondra? They look nice, safe and location is good.

Any comments about the apartments or area would be very much appreciated. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lorkeeney

Hi Dubrenter,

Did you buy an apartment in the end here?

If so what are they like? I am looking to close my purchase but still trying to figure out what the complex is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Laszlo Cravensworth

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I am currently looking at possibly buying an apt in griffith hall. The estate agent said it’s not listed officially yet but will be open to viewings and advertised in the next couple of weeks.

has anyone purchased an apt in this complex recently?

I had a drive around the area and it’s lovely.

I noticed that not a lot of these apartments have sold in the last few years, at least according to the property price register.

any and all opinions are welcome!

Bump!

Bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I know someone who lives across the road from them, and I've never heard any negative comments about the immediate area. In fact, I'd love to live there myself. The only downside I can think of is the significant distance to main transport corridors. Perhaps someone will come along with commentary about the complex itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I live around the corner, looks a lovely complex, love the area myself. There's a big apartment complex being developed around the corner (Griffith Wood) so I suspect there'll be an influx of younger people and shops in the enxt few years to cater for that

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Looks nice on the outside. Lots of busses on the Malahide road!, and Clontarf/Fairview dart is a bit of a walk. Very nice area, but they have made a right mess of the traffic, and (as a cyclist) the cycle lane on Griffith avenue is moronic, they couldn't make it worse if they tried!, full of leaves or floods, narrows the road, annoys cyclists as much as drivers. Also they are building so much in the area, the traffic is only gonna get worse. It is very handy to get to the IFSC or if you work or attend any of the DCU colleges, or Marino.

I presume you're talking about the cycling lane between Philipsburg and Glasnevin. I'm a cyclist in the area too, the toucan bollards are great for segregating the cyclists from motorised traffic, but it means the motorised road sweepers can't get at it as a result. I presume it's not a problem that's unique to Griffith Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Its the whole length of the tree-lined griffith ave., from mobhi road to malahide road! so maybe not unique, but it is road with trees and these particular type of bollards. So much leaves that you have to enter the traffic lane so as not to slip!

Also for segregating from motorised traffic, I have been overtaken by a ebike who slalomed around me and a few bollards

They haven't done it as far as the Malhide Road yet, that'll be complete once the Griffith Hall contrsutction is complete. I don't know what the answer is to the cycle lanes issue, might be one for the cycling forum

• Advertisement
Advertisement