Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

NEW Amsterdam Drift is Now in Mario Kart Tour! Let's Try It Out! (Amsterdam Tour Gameplay)

Amsterdam Drift is now in Mario Kart Tour! Let's check out 3 of its variants including Normal, Reverse, and Trick!

This new track will most probably be part of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass DLC.

Also rumours that there might be Transfer Pak support between GB/GBC games and N64 games.

I’d assume link-cable support too since that had that working on 3DS.

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Repair Center Was Constantly Overwhelmed, Claims Former Supervisor

The Nintendo of America Contractors Who Feel Like Second Class Workers

Post edited by sligeach on

Splatoon 3 – Release Date Revealed - Nintendo Switch

INKoming! Splatoon 3 splashes down on Nintendo Switch September 9th! Get an early look at the game with this fresh Turf War gameplay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cool. So the suggested reason for the Xeno 3 change was seemingly right

• Advertisement

Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Splatoon 3, And Nintendo Switch Sports File Sizes Revealed

The file sizes of a few upcoming Nintendo games have been announced.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 ~ 15.0 GB

Splatoon 3 ~ 6.0 GB

Nintendo Switch Sports ~ 1.4 GB

Nintendo Switch Sports review embargo has been lifted. 74% so far from 14 reviews on Metacritic, 7 positive, 7 mixed.

​​

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I just wanna know how catch the menu music is

Wii Sports was *chefs kiss*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Nintendo Switch Sports will suck the remaining Wii stragglers back into the Nintendo fold.

I expect it to do very well indeed.

They have to release a Switch bundle with it included. But not free this time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Decent metacritic scores so far then, if that's your thing, 65% or better. I didn't fancy the look of it but those scores are quite reassuring. I'll look forward to seeing what my go to YouTube channels think of it as well.

I just find it difficult to get past the non Mii characters that look like they could have come straight from all those cheapo party games on the Wii.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only had a look at couple of reviews but are they all based on the game now? Just since I know some had previews so may have played golf and included that in their reviews even though it won't be available until later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

No good to me if it is purely multiplayer. The original Wii Sports allowed you to play against the computer in tennis and boxing and I can’t see any comments anywhere that says that this game is the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to wait until golf is out for it.

To be honest, the Wii game did well because the Wiimote controller made it easy to play the different sports, especially for those with no experience with a games controller.

How do the controls work out this time?

Is it as stupid simple as before?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Being a pack-in game was also a factor in its popularity - I don't know if as many people would've paid £30 for Wii Sports alone. Wii Sports Resort had 13 games, which makes the initial offering on Switch Sports feel a bit miserly. Hopefully Golf won't be the only free update.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't remember having as much fun with Sports Resort at all, I don't think I enjoyed the format and the focus on the Wuhu Island setting.

I recall that ruining the Pilotwings Resort too, with Wuhu Island being nowhere near as entertaining a place as the different secret filled destinations in Pilotwings 64.

This launches with six sports, with Golf coming later, hopefully we might see boxing and something like frisbee in a later update.

Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wind Waker Switch Ports to Release This Year Alongside Metroid Prime Remastered, Grubb Believes

It's a rumour, and I don't see any evidence here to back up what Jeff is saying. But these games have been heavily rumoured for some time. I'm trying to think what big game Nintendo will have at the end of the year to replace BOTW2. The Mario Odyssey team should have something near ready. I'm sure Nintendo have some ports ready on standby to fill any gaps if necessary and Zelda and Metroid would be good fillers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You say "boxing" Cider and it immediately made me wish there was a remaster or the Wii Punch-Out. Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

So there is single player in Switch Sports. After confirming this on a Youtube video, bought and downloaded and went through the games with my teenage son. It is great fun, with volleyball being a particular delight. He murdered me in Chambala but having played tennis and bowling from before he was born, that gave me the edge over him in those games!!

I can see four-player tennis being absolute mayhem!

It has the Nintendo shine and polish of a first-party game with the gameplay honed to a fine point.

It's 35 stg on Amazon UK with the leg band.

Meh.

I've got Wii sports and Wii sports resort.

Oh, you can play 4 player bowling simultaneously !!!!!!!!!

Make sure you use those joy con straps ... 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

might work with a Switch Lite too ... 4 people crowded around the tiny screen... definitely

• Advertisement

Nintendo Switch Sports isn’t really built for the Switch Lite

It’s playable, but not ideal

"But there are more severe limits on local multiplayer in Nintendo Switch Sports on a Switch Lite, so if you were planning on playing a close-quarters game of doubles tennis, for example, that’s not possible locally. Nintendo Switch Sports requires TV Mode (outputting video to a television or monitor) for local play with two or more players in games like tennis, badminton, volleyball, and chambara. Some game modes, like soccer and bowling, have “pass-and-play” options, where one set of Joy-Cons will get the job done, but only in certain modes."

Nah it's awesome...light, portable, dedicated D-pad...but yeah not great for games you gotta get up and move with (I was kidding about the Sports)...that's what my Quest 2 is for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

What does sports play like on handheld mode on the OLED?

I'm guessing the game was primarily made for docked mode on a big TV rather than button bashing

I know. But for a few dollars more the lite could have had TV output.

But then it would just be a standard Switch.... I guess it's a version catered to those of us who would never connect it to a TV and want something with smallest workable form factor. Those geniuses at Nintendo spotted that opening. I had no interest in a Switch before the Lite came. Didn't want another TV console (already got 7 now!) and the handheld form just seemed big and clunky relatively speaking.

I suppose, if we were to cater to all those who want a Switch tailored to their playing needs, we'd keep the Switch, the Switch Lite and add a TV only Switch console, something like the PSTV if you like.

But then they are wandering away from the whole point of the device, including the name itself.

The handheld only device directly appeals to the traditional handheld audience for Nintendo products and seems to be doing well.

For the rest of us, the more capable variable role Switch console is perfect.

Exactly, if I want a full screen experience with Hi-Def visuals, I opt for the PS version. If I want something I can play in bed/while off to the west coast to SUP/at lunch at work, I choose the handheld version. Saying that though I opted for the Switch version of Wolfenstein II, when I could have had the bells and whistles version on Playstation and found it superb in handheld mode. Just finished it this morning and loved every minute of the 14 hours or so campaign.

The advantage of playing handheld is that visuals always look great (whereas if I'd plugged it to a TV I may have wished I'd gotten the PS version as the 60" screen would show up all the niggles), and being able to lie back in bed to play it made it much more comfortable than sitting up on the couch in front of the TV.

I've old sight. So, big screen for me. Also You do get 1080p Vs 720p and better performance on some games. I think Mario Kart, BOTW, Mario Odyssey look lovely on the big screen. Also essential for multi player couch games.

But the lite is nice, especially the yellow one.

But this is the Nintendo news thread.

We need some Nintendo news..I'd say we will get a ton round about E3 time, even though that's not on this year. MS have a show and tell round about that time.

• Advertisement

So much "Nintendo News" turns out to be clickbait nonsense, mock-ups, fan trailers and rumours to be taken with so much salt your cardiologist would quit you in disgust

Advertisement