Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I can't access red button. Although the IPTV says I have red button channel, it still shows the same as BBC 1 and BBC 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ads are ok on Eurosport. I use a VPN and watch the iPlayer. Cant do standard defination on the red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Virgo

" Williams needs to win first frame or he'll fall even further behind"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I've watched loads of the snooker on Eurosport. I can't even tell what adds they take. They don't cut from live snooker ever so no issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

They cut the second a frame finishes, even after the 147, which is a pain.

But I far prefer the commentary on Eurosport, can't be doing with Virgo's hysterics, or Ken, much and all as I like him.

But of a nervy start on both parts here today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Insta-breaking after the Robbo 147 was their only big advertising mistake, but that's probably all automated. But it really took the viewer out of a special moment. Otherwise it's fine, and better coverage than BBC imo. Neil Foulds in slightly gruff mode is a joy. ("I'll tell you what that average break figure means. It means absolutely nothing").

Trump the first to get into gear.

I really hope Williams can get into his groove and make a match of it, but Trump is looking ominous here.

They've tweaked these pockets every way they can to make them easier

I'm not a fan

Could be back to the situation where Trump gets a day off or has minimal snooker to play tomorrow afternoon, whilst Higgins and Ronnie play two hard sessions tomorrow and are still there at midnight playing a decider. Would probably be more of an issue for Higgins if he won through.

Not ideal but can't be helped really.

• Advertisement

If everybody registered for a seat with a mobile

They send a computerised group text before start

Anyone with phone sounding switches it off

Doesn't cover everything but might be better than this crack of the ref reminding them, it's been going on forever

It's important you let us know every fcuking session.

Come on Mark, keep it nice and tight here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

dam it i'm in work ! What time are Ronnie and Higgins on does anyone know ? I have a feeling that's going all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KRedzer

Heading to the Crucible for the first time tomorrow. Lucky enough to have tickets for the Ronnie v Higgins final session, and then first session of the final on Sunday. It'll be my first time heading over to the Crucible.

Has anyone been before, and have any tips for fans attending? Such recommendations of bars for watching it, or anything else. Much appreciated.

Come on Williams!

Anyone whose phone goes off should be thrown out.

How dumb do you have to be?

thanks Armanijeanss, i know murphy doesn't like ronnie and i'm not a big fan of Murphy but i actually thought his commentary was good and fair last night, better than yates and whispering ken and say nothing hendry

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

It's bizarre. Ronnie invited the Eurosport cameras in and then proceeded to give one of his 'I don't care' interviews. His mate Jimmy back in the studio basically rubbished what Ronnie was saying, staying that of course he cares and he's prepared himself well to win this tournament. I'm sure this been mentioned in the thread before, but I'd never seen players providing TV analysis/commentary of matches in a tournament in which they're still involved until this tournament, during which we've seen both Murphy (BBC) and Ronnie (Eurosport) do just that. At least Ronnie wasn't doing it on a day on which he was playing, unlike Murphy!

I'm warming to Radzi in the Eurosport studio, though I liked Rachel as a host in previous tournaments. She's a great infectious personality. Radzi clearly gets a hard-on for anything involving Ronnie.. he loves him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I might be in a minority here but I do like listening to John Virgo and Denis, maybe it's just the comfort of listening to them for so many years on the BBC, I do hope the keep them on past next year.

Really find Murphy poor as mentioned taking sly digs at Ronnie last night.

I do like listening to Jack Lisowski in the studio during the mid session some good takes and less arrogant compared to Murphy.

As for watching on Eurosport and BBC I switch between them only problem I find is getting a decent VPN to work with BBC iPlayer without constant buffering.

• Advertisement

i like virgo aswell, could probably do without Dennis but he's not the worst, that's phil yates

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Heading over today for my second visit after heading over for the Higgins Trump final a few years ago (and hoping for a different final this time! 😂).

Have to say I've enjoyed the chats and banter on this thread. None of my mates are into snooker so it's always a good read while I'm watching. So thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Murphy is clearly eyeing up being a BBC commentator long term. He has a good voice for it in fairness, but he does love himself!

A few years ago in the Eurosport studio, Jimmy and Ronnie were calling him the Prime Minister... a la Churchill!!

Mark should give up. This could be finished this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

two best old school pubs in Sheffield are The Dog and Partridge on Trippit Lane or Fagans … the all day breakfast in fagans is the best on the planet.

phones should from next year should be stored outside the auditorium.. given a ticket collect outside…

WTAF did Mark Williams just try???

if somebody you know is at the crucible you should ring them though, i always do that to people at weddings and funerals aswell 🤣

He seems to be a pompous git

Not sure does he realize

That was poor last nite having 2 pops at ronnie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Williams really needed that frame.

A near death blow for him.

Advertisement