Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

@valoren as usual your posts are spot on, but I can't help but think that you are giving Harry a lot more credit for the kind of strategic thinking than he seems capable of. 😁

I could well imagine he's pissed off if he's being removed as Councillor of State, and bound to be doubly so if Andrew isn't, but Harry seems to be the kind of person who wouldn't have though that him leaving the family business would affect stuff like his role of councillor of state. I think that a lot of the ramifications of him leaving the firm are probably yet to be fully understood by him. In any case, Andrew will have that role for another few years at a maximum and after that I could see Charles and William visibly and publicly freezing him out of all and any public /family stuff where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Parading the non sweating one around like a dotting son was intentional.

The start of his "rehabilitation". That 'dreadful woman' no one ever met is now gone, we can get back to normal. How long did they give, a few weeks?

An absolute horrific family.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

They're both currently not allowed to talk about it, but I expect her to agree to interviews once the gagging order is lifted.

That's later this year I think, so it's very misguided to have Andrew back in view. Waiting until after the interest in her recedes would give him a better chance, but he might not have his mother as a prop then.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

As an aside, I heard the expression "Sweating like a Prince in a Pizza Express" recently on a podcast and I love it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I think that a lot of the ramifications of him leaving the firm are probably yet to be fully understood by him.

Absolutely agree.

Also the very fact that they came up with their own proposal of being half in and half out of the 'firm' shows that neither of them had a clue what/ who they were pitting themselves against, imo.

Their best bet when that proposal was knocked back was to, at a minimum, stay on good terms with his family. Well we all know what happened next... 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I agree that having Andrew back in public is not a good look however you spin it but I have to admit I’ve seen a few English news presenters talk about all that’s happening for the jubilee and I don’t want to be morbid but she’s 96 and has been slowing down noticeably and it may not be be long to go. I mean the coming in the side door is due to her mobility issues as I’ve had grandparents reach their nineties and they are of a generation that won’t be seen struggling and Andrew was the person who didn’t have a partner so that’s probably three thinking but even still surely someone else in the family could’ve walked with her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Did we have this here already...in a US tv interview Harry mentioned the struggle of WFH 😝

'In his latest interview on US television, the Duke of Sussex said he struggles to balance working from home with parenting. 

He said: 'My sort of mantra now every day is a dangerous one because I need to make sure I don't have burn out. 

'I make a world a better place for my kids. Otherwise what is the point. Responsibility I feel as a parent you probably feel as well. And we can't fix everything. We know that. But what we can do is be there for each other.'

He also revealed how working from home is 'not all it's cracked up to be' and admitted that he found it difficult to 'separate' his work from Archie and Lilibet. 

He said: 'This whole working from home stuff is not all it's cracked up to be. Certainly post-Covid. Because it is really hard when your kids and you are in the same place. It is really hard to separate the work from them. Because they kind of overlap.'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I read that during the week too Hilda and thought lol!

Poor guy 😂

To thine own self be true

You know how it is PM, running the end of month reports, answering the phone to customers, boss wanting you to do your end of year review [add in any REAL WORLD scenario that comes to mind 😂] at your makeshift desk in the bedroom/ living room/ whatever.

And nobody to take the two childer off your hands for five minutes. 😂 That poor pompous twit is so far beyond deluded, it's laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

How did the rest of us plebs cope with wfh and bored offspring during lockdown?!

Oh yea..you plonk them in front of a screen as blackmail 😆

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I actually thought someone had invented that when I read it first but no, apparently the struggle is real... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

You would wonder how an interviewer keeps a straight face listening to him whining about the struggle he has balancing 'wfh' with the childer! First of all what does he actually do? Secondly, they have plenty of staff and are living in a mansion.

Sue Townsend's book 'The Queen and I' is a brilliant satire on the whole ridiculous set up, and has the royal family living in a very poor and rundown housing estate. Harry should try it for real. It might make him marginally less tone deaf. Maybe.

That's hilarious. Someone needs to take the shovel off him and tell him to stop digging. At this rate he'll overtake Prince Sweaty as the most entitled out-of-touch family member.

What 'work' does he WFH doing? It's not like he's on Teams calls with all his bosses in the back kitchen while Meghan is keeping the kids quiet with chipsticks and peppa pig three feet away while she's trying to get ready for her shift at Lidl.

Dope.

Unless he traffics and repeatedly rapes a minor and then gets his family to pay it away (allegedly), he will be grand for a while yet I reckon.

Prince Sweaty doesn't actually have to juggle anything TBF, he is unemployable but still living in substantial luxury off the public purse.

Sorry I meant the perception of Andrew that everyone had long before any of that came out. Even when he was a kid he was up his own hole and out of touch because he took his titles to mean that he was better than everyone.

But yes, I agree, don't think much could surpass the awfulness of what Andrew did or the person he's become.

I genuinely thought someone had made it up when I saw it mentioned that he had been talking about the 'struggle' 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

and if it's that hard for him, why isn't he renting an office space to get out of the house like other freelancer do? not that difficult...

loads of bullsh** from this guy again.

while Meghan is keeping the kids quiet with chipsticks and peppa pig three feet away while she's trying to get ready for her shift at Lidl.

'Where are my flat shoes? I can't find them anywhere 😂 and I need them for the twelve hour shift...oh feck the bag of chipsticks burst and they are gone everywhere HARRY, HARRY GET THE VACUUM CLEANER!'

😉 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

On the 16th of May there will be a total lunar eclipse influencing Royal family members: Andrew's Moon (mother), Charles' Sun (his shining power) and Queen's Midheaven (standing in the world). I think significant changes will happen for them all around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So the met police will be running after members of the royal family howling at the moon around Windsor great park ? Sorry the only thing I understood from that is there’s a lunar eclipse in may.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

interesting read. didn't know Netflix shares dropped that much and they lost that much customers/ they are (stupidly) leaving their customers angered with cancelling popular series. how stupid is that?

Reading this, I think H&M are defo doomed with their deal. My guess is Netflix will show not one single production of them.

Reading this, I think H&M are defo doomed with their deal. My guess is Netflix will show not one single production of them.

I'm inclined to agree. When they were pitching their worth to Netflix, they hadn't left Royal duties yet so they were still working off the assumption that they could be Hybrid Royals. So the proposed content that made the deal worth the money was the fly-on-the-wall reality show of them as Royals doing royal stuff, and feeding the public little unknown tidbits about other royals or maybe even involving them on camera. What else could be worth that kind of money from two people who had zero experience in production?

Now they are hoping that their Invictus stint will draw in the viewers but I don't think it will have the draw needed to save their deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mr.KarateII

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Well now.

Gets neatly out of having Andrew on the balcony too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I honestly don’t think ginger and his struggles with WFH is playing with the full deck. Either that, or he thinks the general public aren’t.

Advertisement