Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to choose a primary school in south Dublin?private school or public school?

Options
  • 28-04-2022 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,every one, Comparing the private school and public school , is is worth to pay a big amount of tuition (almost 5000 per year)?

Beside ,any one know any information of these three boy school?

1 Monkstown Park Junior School

2 St. Brigid's Boys' National School

3 St. Patricks Boys' National School

I know first is private ,the tuition is for all classes for the academic year 2021/2022 are €5,250.00

Other two is pubic school, I suppose thery are free?

Post edited by connorsmith on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People normally choose a primary school that is close to them and aligned with their values/ethos if that's possible. And religion is important for some families. A 'very' catholic school might not be suitable for a non-denominational child. Also, single sex or not? Answer these questions and then look at schools local to you that fit.

Visit the schools you are interested in and see what you think. It is important for kids to go to school local to them as that's key for making friends and been part of the community. Hard to be part of 'walk on wednesdays' when you live far away.

'Free' schools are in theory free but there are costs for uniforms, books, school upkeep/heating contribution, school charity fundraisers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Check out Guardian Angels in Newtownpark Ave. Good school if you're local. Its not a private school.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AySeeDoubleYeh

Johnstown (Public) could be worth a shout, based on the areas outlined above.

My own personal opinion - and the rough plan for my 1 year-old son - is public for primary and private for secondary. I was public/public and my partner private/private, so we have at least a passing idea of each.

I don't think private primary offers anything (much) greater that would justify the increased costs. I dislike the existence of private schools, but still intend to send my son there for secondary education as the reality is that, on balance, private 2nd level is likely to position him better for what follows.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 connorsmith

thanks for your reply, can you tell me how do I know a school very catholic?

• Advertisement

I found most private boy school no place, it is more hard find a private boy school then girls.

Advertisement