Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 35 - Transfer Thread

• 24-04-2022 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭

Plenty of people wildcarding ahead of a GW36 bench boost... myself included! Pulled the trigger on it there this evening because my teams doing nothing and I had a few pints. Currently looking at the following team...

Schmeichel - Foster

Robertson - Matip - Alonso - Cancelo - Laporte

Salah - KDB - Saka - Mount - Kulu

Pukki - Dennis - Nketiah

Not sold on the front line at all but wanted KDB in so had to make some sacrifices... if City dont get their DGW36 though this will all change. Previous drafts had more Leicester/Spurs/Villa players but they look like rotation worries/garbage/on the beach respectively.

Players out were Ramsdale, Sanchez, James, Amartey, Livramento, Scharr, Maddison, Antonio, Weghorst and Kane.

Main rival is 40 points ahead of me but has used all his chips so hoping to make inroads there anyway but will probably still have my worst finish in years regardless as Ive been hovering around 200-250k OR for forever now.

Anyway whats you guys plan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

A lot of my plans will rest on City getting the double in 36 and if so, will then play my last FH that GW.

Not wanting to lose a transfer, I'll probably take Schar out this week who has been weirdly dropped and replace with Roberts at Burnley. Will give me another DGW players for GW37.

May all change depending on the extent of Saka's injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I have no plans & May just roll my transfer.

Im stuck with Martinelli, Cucho, Schar and Hwang. Only have 0.3m ITB. Don’t really have any players to be honest. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭The Guru 123

Think you have to sort out at least one of those problems. Schar for White or Davies for their upcoming double?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Howe had said that there was going to be rotation in their last game because of the games close together. I'm not convinced that he has lost his starting place, but he is coming into a run of games now where you wouldn't start him, up until 38.

At 4.4, he's an easy bench I think, unless you're very stuck.

Yea that’s not a bad option but I wouldn’t be confident either score much in those games.

But yes I probably need to at least cover my bench for rotation / injury reasons

• Advertisement

Might do Martinelli to Ramsey. I know Villa have been woeful but think they’ll turn the corner for end of season run in , 4 of next 5 are at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

When will Citys DGW 36 be confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

According to Ben Crellin if there is no announcement by this Friday then a move to GW37 is much more likely. As I've just a FH chip left that would suit me fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭scotchy

• Advertisement

With the news City double in 36, I might just go for a mad swoop (-8) of

Martinelli -> Ramsey

Kulu -> KdB

Kane -> Watkins

Id much prefer Coutinho over Watkins but I’ve no other options in forwards for 5.4m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Has there been any update on Saka's injury?

Currently 35 points ahead and have FH and BB left to use, but unsure what to do with the team!

Ramsdale, Sanchez

White, TAA, Cancelo, Dalot, Doherty

Saka, Jorginho, Salah, Berndardo, Kulu

Pukki, Kane, Dennis

Thinking of moving Kane on and keeping Dennis and Pukki. At least they're performing

I think I'd like to keep Kane for this week. As bad as they've been last 2 games, they're still in the hunt for top 4 and up against Leicester who haven't set the world alight recently and are in Europe still, probably the focus too.

KDB's minutes might be managed too with Champions League and then get him in for the double for GW36 after this GW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Spurs have veered from great to crap in short order a couple of times since Conte came in. With the state of the league table I think the wholesale abandonment of Kane/Son is a bit foolhardy.

This is promising anyways. Seems to be a lot selling him too, he was close to a drop in price last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

Not promising at all for non saka owners like myself hopefully he's out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Looks like Barnes has lost his place in the first 11 didn't start again tonight. Thinking maybe swapping him for Coutinho.

Yes on 2nd thoughts I’ll be keeping & captaining Kane.

I have an feeling Havertz might be Benched & might go with a straight swap to Coutinho.

Now, the other alternative is to then move on Cucho for Nkietah for a -4,

On the flip side just bank, get more information & have 2 FT’s going in to DGW36?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Foster, Ramsdale

Trent, Cancelo, Davies, Alonso (Matip)

Saka, Kulusevski, Salah, KDB, Mount

Nektiah (Dennis, Pukki)

Opinions on that WC? 0.4 in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Will probably bank ahead of using BB next week and no great transfers jumping out to me. Have KDB/Kane so will need to decide if I try trade one for Salah next week or gamble they out score him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Are you bench boosting? Lot of money on the sideline if not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have bench boost and FH left after this wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

Looks good! I have almost the same WC team - just have Robertson/Laporte instead of TAA/Davies

I think a lot of people will use 35 to set themselves up for 36 or 37+38 really, more than concentrating on 35. I'm still debating about whether to FH in 36 or 37.

My current team without transfers has 10 DGW players, but not exactly happy with all of them. Sa for example has a very tough DGW. And the Spurs DGW is tough too, so that would be Kane + Kulu and they are not exactly in form at the minute either. There could be some rotation in the Chelsea team in the 2nd game of the DGW before the FA cup final.

With only using FTs, I can change this to 9 DGW players, but switch out Kane and bring in KDB who I think can outscore Kane. 9 DGW players is a lot for a DGW, where a lot will be using FH to bring in 11.

I currently have 0 DGW players for 37 and if I FH then instead, I can have 7 DGW players and bring back in Kane for his easier game as lot will have him still.

I'm in a good position in a big ML so I'm trying to work out is it better to defend, or to attack and cement my place. I would kind of be sacrificing a big 36 score, try and keep pace with the FH and then score better in 37 instead.

I think you should keep Kane this week. KdB will most likely be off around 60th minute mark & Leicester will be heavily rotated.

I was actually looking at Havertz out for Coutinho because I don’t think he plays the 3 games between now & Cup final + he seems a 60/70 minute player.

I wouldn’t be rushing into 7 DGW players got the sake of it. You’ll still want some Liverpool/City & Arsenal/Spurs players

Not sure if its worth changing anything this week. May rollover and have FH for GW36 and 2 FTs for GW37.

I was going to swap out Kane for Nketiah but unsure. 35 points ahead in a money league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

If you FH in GW36 you lose a FT so only have one in GW37. You may as well use your FT this week.

Hmm, good point. But who to move on? Only .3 in the bank

Bring in someone you want for 37 or 38 would be my idea.

• Advertisement

Maybe Dalot to Roberts? Gives you a cheap defender with 2 games in GW37.

Saka is to stay on penalties. Sounds like he is starting too.

cheers. Yeah Kane is out of form, but he will be playing a rotated Leicester who will have all their eggs in the European basket. Kane has a good record against them too, and Spurs need to win.

I think I might actually bank this week, and allow myself 2 FTs in 36, maybe a -4 to switch Tsilva to James/Alonso as I don't think Tsilva plays both games. And do the Kane to KDB move then instead. Which then pushes me into FH 37 and I can have Kane back that week, if he is performing.

Banking kinda forces me into FH 37. Otherwise it's a waste of not using a FT this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

FH left, will have 11 dwk players for 36 so seems like a waste, bound to be injuries with the heavy schedule so gonna play conservative this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'm going to do the same. Will captain Kane this week I think and then ditch to fund KDB.

Looking at something like:

Wood to Nketiah this week

Then Kane Kulu and Coady to Forde KDB and Robbo next week.

Is all that worth -8 though? Guess there's only one way to find out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still festering away at 560K OR....is Jesus worth a punt??

For a hit I can go Wood to Jesus, and Cancelo to Cash?

Or keep Wood (🙄), sell Kane for Ronaldo?

Or go Kane to Jesus and Martinelli to Coutinho.

Or keep Kane and captain him against Leicester?

Every option feels wrong for different reasons...can't wait for this season to be over

• Advertisement

Chelsea they will put a reserve team out second game in week 36

Pukki or Dennis ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Have Jesus in my fh team but down as not starting with ffs

I’m gonna do Havertz to Coutinho.

Will have 1.1m ITB next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Don’t really get the love for Coutinho,granted he has 2 DGW’s coming up but he hasn’t had a return in last 5 games,and only 4 goals and 3 assists since signing for Villa.

Has to face City and Liverpool in remaining games and Villa play Burnley home and away,who have just kept two clean sheets in a row.

I would be looking at Maddison at that price point,in much better recent form and has some lovely fixtures left in 2 DGW’s has a tough game v Spurs this wkd but only tough game left after that is Chelsea after FA Cup Final when their players may well be mentally on holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭JPup

Yeah but Leicester’s only priority at the moment is Europe. If they make the final they could just punt the rest of their league games.

Villa not 100% safe yet so will be looking for a big win against Norwich to seal the deal. Plus Gerrard will want the team to finish the season well after their bad run of form or he could start losing the fans.

I don't think Coutinho will start the 4 games in 2 DGWs. Either the Liverpool or Burnley IMO.

4 of the 5 games for Coutinho are at home.

His numbers for home & away are hugely different.

Villa been a tad unlucky & id expect Coutinho to light up 2 of the next 3.

On the flip side Havertz will most likely be rested / rotated with the Cup final coming up

Thinking of swapping Jorginho to Ramsey. Am I mad? Funds dont allow Coutinho, and Ramsey has a pretty similar run to Jorginho. Granted he's been more consistent.

Done Telles (don’t ask!) to Cash with my FT.

Now to decide if I take a -4 for Coutinho. If not I have to start either Martinelli or Broja which doesn’t fill me with too much hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've done Havertz to Coutinho.

Leaves me with 1.5m. Will probably do Sterling to Mane as my move next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Samson1

Advertisement