Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I find the people that walk around the streets facetiming other people far more annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

There's a toe rag locally that persistently parks in disabled parking bays. They have a permit but its for their adult son, yet she's using the permit herself with her equally useless husband when the son is not with them.

It's annoying because she's taking up the space for people that legitimately need it, and AFAIK the person the permit is for needs to be present with you.

[/rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Is it not essentially more of the same behaviour? They still have their heads in their phones, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

grrrrr An Post is soooooo unreliable!!! posted a card Tue.. still not there.. only 4 counties away.. reallllly needed it to arrive today.. (for a significant occasion for a loved one).. grrrrrr

if they are gonna put the price of stamps up they should at least be reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Anyone who talk about politicians as if they know them personally. Most egregious examples being "Boris", "Mary Lou".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That is so bloody annoying.

Also, I was on two bus journeys yesterday where people were on phones, with the person on the other end, on speaker. FFS, it's bad enough listening to someone yelling into a phone, on an otherwise quiet bus, without hearing the other side as well. And it sounded like one of the unseen but loudly heard ones, was eating at the same time. 🤮

The only saving grace was they weren't on for the full journey in either case.

People having phone conversations on the bus in general. I'd say I actually speak on the phone about once a week and it's generally a 30-second jobbie to confirm something. Yet vast contingents of Dublin Bus passengers seem to use their journeys as an opportunity to catch up with what seems like weeks' worth of gossip with friends/family. It does seem to be mostly foreigners, so maybe it's a cultural thing, but honestly, I can't think of a worse place to have a lengthy phone conversation than on the bus.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

When I had a regular commute, one woman used to settle in every evening to have a loud conversation on her phone. She had a voice like a foghorn. I honestly thought some evening the windows would shatter.

There was nothing the rest of us didn't know about her working day, what the children did, bla bla bla. I was out walking one day during one of the lockdowns and thought I was hearing things. Nope, there she was, a good distance away from me, but in full foghorn mode with her children - who were right beside her, so would have heard her anyway. 🙄 I think she only has one pitch to her voice. Extremely LOUD.

Another thing that had started to creep in on buses was people listening to 'music' or watching something loud on their phones, without earphones of any description. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sandz066

My housemate who facetimed her friends (on loudspeaker) for 20mins at the kitchen table while I was eating my lunch.

Rude a$$

• Registered Users Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The tiny tiny, badly printed writing on the cooking instructions for my mince pie. Impossible to read even by taking photos and blowing them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The spelling mistake / typo in this thread's name.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The annoying chap in the office who will not shut up boasting about his new apartment in Spain

Told us all he will not invite us but we don’t care or ask for that

We got a new starter, very nice guy and he got ambushed by our office bore to be told about this apartment in Spain

yaaawn

Post edited by mikemac2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I'm not sure the cat loving Mod will appreciate dat. 😀

I have to go to a hen party today and it's in Punchestown. I really can't convey how little interest I have in horse racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

See ye there! Although I am the opposite to you and can't wait.

My TA: came home last night wondering why the kitchen was so harm. Turns out I forgot to turn off the gas oven after using it some six hours earlier. Could have been an explosion or carbon monoxide poisoning, but most annoyed that I'll have to buy a new LPG cylinder sooner than planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The cooking instructions on a ready meal on the underneath of the pack . So you are in a hurry and buy a ready meal and to see the instructions you either have to turn it upside down risking it all tumbling about or raise the pack above your head and squint to see the instructions . Seriously who thinks this is a good idea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Back in my day, a ready-meal was something like an apple. No instructions needed! 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Stick in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 mins at 175 (fan assisted). That is what I do for pretty much everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Fighting temptations that can potentially have serious consequences when given into, and knowing that you’ll end up doing it anyway because you can’t help it…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Not a bad rule of thumb but I would put a bit more thought at Xmas when you're doing the turkey 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

People know not to trust me with a full Turkey. 😜

That liverpool and Monaghanare both playing crunch games today.  Liverpool in the EPL ,Monaghan in the Ulster championship.  TA is they never seem , to me at least,  to win on the same day. I'm torn. ( not really muineachán abu)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At least it's not called The Nicolas Cage Appreciation Thread again...

Seph is not a sour-puss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bredabe

They put it there so it can be scanned in and out without flipping the contents over(it seems they prefer you to do that for yourself) a huge ta of mine is seeming most of the contents of my ready meal stuck to the plastic.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

For some reason I couldn't remember Seph's name. Doh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I usually never have to work weekends (the last time was 15 years ago) but I've to work all 3 days of this long weekend. 🙁 At least today I'm working from home, but yesterday was, and tomorrow will be, in work proper.

• Advertisement

Why can't I win the euromillions? I mean it's just not fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement