Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Agree 100%. His performance last weekend was amazing considering his age and how new he is to top level senior championship. He seemed to be everywhere for alot of the match on the end of possessions. That doesn't happen by accident. Id much prefer him to be attempting shots and making the odd wrong decision than to be stage stuck playing within himself. If people remember back to Cian Lynch's first few starts he tried lots of tricks and shots that didn't come off. People were starting to moan about him too but the management didn't try to change him and look where he is now. I think we need to give Cathal O'Neill the same space because its clear he is a big talent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭High bike

That wasn't being critical I just think he needs to connect more with his team mates.He had one shot from the stand side in the 2nd half which went wide and I saw JK having a word with him.Next ball he got he popped it to Tom Morrissey and over the bar.Of course it's great to see him have a go but sometimes there's someone else I a better position and he needs to see that that's all I'm saying

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Yeah, given that the North Stand was built relatively recently they could've done a better job, they basically cheaped out, on a wet day you're better off on the terrace!

Was ridiculous with the row numbers/letters all right, some of the rows you had to squint to see the letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

I love the Gaelic grounds but the thing we do not do well in Ireland is maintainence. We are good to build stuff but shocking for upkeep.

The minimum should be clean toilets . Also there's a layer of grime on seats in both stands whenever I was there. All these things are simply not good enough. Clean the place properly.

O Neill is a fantastic talent. His passing needs work for sure. Coming from a junior club means players are sometimes greedier as they are a one man band in those clubs. The Na Piarsaigh boys would be coached better in that regard. He ll learn quick. 2 of the wides were wrong options. I think Mul will have to be sacrificed . He can't score anymore. Will Flanagan be back?

The only good thing about Lynchs hamstring is that he doesn't need an operation. That would have been a disaster. But ruling him out for all the Munster campaign is huge and no guarantees when he'll be back. He ll be needed in Croke Park and that is for sure.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭moby2101

When you consider the amount of money that was collected/channeled for the Mackey stand down thru the years its a disgrace that facilities are so poor in G Grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think Casey is near a return. I presume Hayes will be fit for the Tipp game?

I hope I'm wrong but how can Casey be back,its only 8 mts since the injury and all the experts say it takes 12 mts to fullyrecover.He'd be some addition to the panel if it happens and hopefully it will .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Should have knocked the Mackey along with the rest. It's a terrible stand.

I heard on the radio he was a few weeks away from returning.

Brilliant news hopefully we'll see him before the end of the Championship

• Advertisement

Could be back for the AI semi if we get their of course.

Would be some boost himself and Lynch coming back for a semi final,we have to get there first

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

Does anyone know how much money is being pumped into Limerick? with Dublin we had some figures but Limerick its all blank

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The thing is, it's not physical money. It's the holidays, the cars, the benefits etc.

Once it's not money then it's hard to track a figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

What cars have Limerick GAA supplied to their players?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

It's mostly pumped into the team, and from what I can see, very little goes into the Gaelic Grounds. It's quite possible they pump more into Mick Neville Park than into the Gaelic Grounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭moby2101

Fundraising for the team is incredibly well run. We went to the dinner in Woodlands a few weeks ago, my brother is involved in Club Limerick Dublin, who are a serious outfit also for raising cash.

We’re blessed to have the patronage and support of the McManus family.

Theres so much that needs to be done to improve just the facilities onsite, outside of any structural improvements.

Live 95 doing a "lovely" football commentary/ dance music overlay on the website.

Luckily Clare FM have a more traditional approach to commentary

Great result for the footballers in Ennis tonight,well done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

well done tonight , fantastic atmosphere in cusack park and a really good game of football , the shoot out will probably take away most of the headlines over the weekend but it was really good championship game , Munster football is'nt too shabby at the moment best of luck for the rest of the championship lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Well said Windy. Good contest that could have gone either way. Some level of fitness shown by both squads. Nice to see 2 decent, genuine, waffle free managers on the sideline. Enjoyable night in the Park and pubs afterwards. Be back in 2 weeks if i can get a ticket but not looking great ATM. (any ladder you could lend me)...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

it was probably easier escape east berlin in the 1980s then enter Cusack park without payment , at one point the clare county board invented a novel idea of a double header for club championship games where every one had to leave the ground after the first game and buy another ticket to get back in and watch the second game

between trying to promote a version of Irelands fittest family in eastern Europe and paying for davey fitz's court cases every penny counts in cusack park at the moment ....!!

Would never think Clare and Limerick would make the cut in a 16 team All Ireland. We are often the but of jokes but we are doing way better than Leinster right now.

I'll be down to Ennis in 2 weeks. Absolutely love it there with the nice compact town centre and plenty of easy trains between the city and yerselves

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

Great win by Footballers in Ennis- Congratulations to all involved.

Best of luck to the Under 20 Hurlers to night.

Seamus Flanagan could start on Sunday.

Great win tonight, showed a lot of nerve to hold off sustained Tipp comebacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭C4000

Fantastic performance....a real good team display, pretty much every player made important contributions at different stages.

I see the all ireland final is down for the weekend of 21st May.....along with the last round of the Leinster championship on the Saturday night, the last round of Munster on the Sunday, and the lower tier Ring, Rackard and Maher finals....an awful lot crammed into one weekend there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Given it's Limerick v Kilkenny/Wexford i wonder will it be a double header in Thurles with the Tipp/Cork Senior game on Sunday May 22, Kilkenny and Wexford playing each other in the Senior on the Saturday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Great performance overall tonight, lot of potential senior players of the future there. Fine crowd there.

Hopefully the All Ireland final gets the respect it deserves in terms of timing, this rush rush cram fixtures schedule is ridiculous. Croke park might play it on a monday evening or afternoon in Portlaoise with all the rushing of fixtures.

Advertisement