Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Regarding splitting - it is possible and I'm sharing a family account with some folks on here which came from one of these threads, could even have been this one!

As far as I know if you've a family account you can log into your switch account in a browser and can just add people to it via their email. They then open a link to be added onto the account. For payment we all just sent a revolut/paypal to cover for the year. It was dead handy for getting access to the Animal Crossing DLC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it made the expansion pass more appealing.

Not sure if it would be better to post here or on the wider Bargain Alerts thread along with netflix, Disney+, etc if willing to share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't play any games online. But I've a young relative that uses my switch more than I do. I thought about a few things, but if that's an option for both of us, I might do some more 'investigating' 😁

I don't really like playing online - Or maybe should correct that, I don't play online, but there are probably a few games that I might.

Edited.

Post edited by Suckit on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I don't play online either (other than Fortnite which doesn't need an online sub) but I subscribe to the family online subscription for cloud saves across multiple store accounts across two Switches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

thought there was already a sale on, or is that just a minor Bethesda one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For a brand that many claimed never had a sale, there always seems to be a sale of decent titles going on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

nah I don't think people claimed they never had a sale, it's more the depth of the discounts on 1st party titles that people complain about (like considering €40 a bargain price etc)... but obviously they have their reasons for this to not devalue their own software

But not to start another one of these discussions 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think similar to Sony and probably Xbox but I don't pay them notice since don't own one. But Sony seem to put the same things on sale with little known games and Ubisoft games, with an occasional first party game. Waiting for an Assassin's Creed discount? If none there now just wait a couple weeks.

But then the big sale would include more first party games. And if you think 40 is a bad price, Sony's discounts bring games down to just about Switch full price game prices.

So in other words, this is likely the sale to include the Xenoblade games if you want to catch up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭jj880

128gb sd card for under £10. Kioxia are a subsidiary of Toshiba.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088RP6LNV/

Dispatched by Amazon. Good reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The spring eshop sale has started. Check your wishlists. 🙂

Scott Pilgrim for under €5 jumps out at me...

Move or Die Unleashed (which went on sale yesterday) is 50% off at €7.49. Great party game.

Filmechanism is €11.75 (30% off)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

GameStop doing a promotion where you can get upcoming releases for cheaper by trading in a select game. https://www.gamestop.ie/top-titles-trade-list

You can get Switch Sports for free if you buy Resi Village on PS5 in Smyths which is currently on sale for €30. There might be games you can buy cheaper on the list but I didn't look very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I tried this before and even though it's on the website if it is within 1 week before the game is released or it has been released then you can't avail of the offer because "the system won't accept it".

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Xenoblade chronicles 1 definitive edition Switch is 29 stg from Amazon uk. It's the EU version

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is on CDiscount for €29.99 and €6.99 shipping so €36.98 delivered.

You can see their list of games and filter shipping to Ireland and shipped by CDiscount on the left hand side menu to see what else can be added to your cart that may drop the individual prices down when shipped together. I haven't looked through all the titles yet or filtered by price etc.

Shipping goes up €1 for an extra game (€7.99 for both delivered) and I think stays there for a few items.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Folks, I'm finally looking to replace the joycons because drift, etc. Are there any generic options, like with wireless/pro controllers, or are only the official Nintendo ones available? Grateful for any advice.

My only advice would be get official joycons or 3rd party controllers.

Since the switch software update last year (maybe the year before). Joycons cant pair wirelessly via bluetooth anymore. They need to be clipped onto the switch and paired using nfc. I have a set of 3rd party joycons that are now paper weights. 3rd party controllers can still be paired with a usb c cable no problem.

Unless someone has found a workaround for pairing 3rd party joycons without nfc and wants to share it.

Post edited by jj880 on

Ive used these. Great for the price.

Limited-time deal: Zexrow Wireless Switch Pro Controller, Gamepad Joypad for Switch Console and PC Supports Gyro Axis and Dual Vibration https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HCFCQLS/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I have a horrible feeling the joycons on my Switch are starting to drift, but tbh I only use them in handheld mode. Otherwise I'm still getting on fine with a Beboncool PXN controller. Was ~£20 last time I checked on the likes of Amazon, ebay etc.

There are a fair few cheap ones.. For example THESE

But I think the Hori Split Pad Pro are the main alternatives, and around the same price as the official ones.

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/hori%20split%20pad%20pro

Your first link looks to be a replacement button kit. Can you update it? Im curious to see what you recommend 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I've found electrical contact cleaner works really well for a temporary fix for drift. Lasts a couple of months before I have to do it again. Just a quick blast under the little rubber skirt thingymabob.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I wasn't recommending 😁 Just suggesting that there are cheap ones and that the hori that seem to be the go-to after nintendo.

The ones I was supposed to link to, look like a the letter M a little, or the bottom of a rocket 😂 when the joycons aren't attached. I'll try to find them again.

EDIT

I can't find them, that was the same link, but they changed the product. It had 4 lights on it for each joy con and was €30 IIRC.

NOT these - but similar looking - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086WZ76Z2

The one I was linking to, didn't look as much like an M, and those ones were originally €35 🤯 that's a huge jump.

DOUBLE EDIT - These ones.. phew. They don't seem to be in Europe anymore.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H1SSKK2

Post edited by Suckit on

Those joycons look excellent. First decent 3rd party set Ive seen with NFC so will work with the latest Switch OS.

Shame theyre not available here.

EDIT:

They have this at the top of the product description:

Connectivity Technology, Nfc,Wireless,Wired,Infrared

Then they have this down below:

Note: The controller for switch does not support NFC and infrared functions

So I would say they are not suitable for the latest Switch OS. Dang it.

Cheers, also have the Beboncool, which does the job fine but need the actual joycons for a few games the kids are playing (Switch Sports, etc.)

Thanks. I probably got an extra couple of years out of my joycons with an occasional isopropyl rub under the cover of the sticks but they're totally sh*gged now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I’ve fixed drifting on 4 joy cons so far with these. They work a treat and you get everything you need in the pack. It’s not hard to do either.

Veperain 2 Pack of 3D Analog Joystick Replacement for Nintendo Switch Joy Con Controller and Switch OLED Model , with Cross & Tri-Wing Screwdrivers, Repair Tool Kits for Nintendo Switch & Switch OLED https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S61YG4D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gl_i_2WBRJH39RM3XJ43NCCVY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement

Ive done it a few times also. Loads of good YouTube videos for left and right as the layout is a bit different.

That's a good kit. The thin tweezers make it a lot easier.

Advertisement