Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laughable Ban

Options
  • 29-04-2022 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

A new one for the books, apparently referring to Joe Biden as sleepy now is a thread ban offense. I wonder if boards will be sanctioning all media outlets and political commentators that refer to him in same way.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans are dealt with in help Desk once you have attempted to resolve it with the mod in question

In this case you failed to read the warnings in the Opening Post, which clearly state that references to "Sleepy Joe" will result in a threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

As mentioned in my pm, I didn't refer to him as Sleepy Joe as you said. You are inferring what I said which was the word sleepy. But then again the one thing I have seen over the years from you Beasty, is a lack of understanding and constantly closing threads and banning people for you own amusement and steering threads in a manor that suits your narrative.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stop trying to be a smart arse and read the OP

Not being a smart arse simply stating an opinion, or have opinions been banned now also Beasty, haven't had time today to read any new Op's you may have installed.

""Sleepy Joe" and the like"

That wording has been there ever since the thread was started as was the note in the thread title saying "Please read OP"

• Advertisement

Beasty while I understand your POV, don't think its slightly hypocritical to ban the words Sleepy Joe and leave all the names many many posters call trump unsanctioned? But then again I wouldn't expect anything different here.

With any luck Elon Musk might buy Boards and you can all find new places to push your views.

Posts deleted. Only Admins or relevant Mods/CMods plus the OP should participate in a discussion over a threadban

It has been there since before the election when we had a single thread covering both Trump and Biden

And you do not know what "names" have been used to describe Trump have been sanctioned - they are deleted. there have been warnings in both threads about that sort of rhetoric.

All that is irrelevant to this thread though. Do you accept the mod instruction was there and you failed to follow that instruction?

Admittedly I didn't scroll back to the beginning of the thread and read it. Being as it a term widely used by media and politicians it never even occurred to me that posters would take offense to it. And yes trump is called a lot worse everyday and nothing other than a few token gestures are ever done.

I understand the boards are filled and moderated by lots of left leaning people and conservatives or the right are in a very small minority here. So to expect an even playing field is a far stretch to ask.

• Advertisement

Point and example

Biden banned posters = 27

Trump banned posters = 4

Quite a bit of disparity there wouldn't one say.

Biden thread bans

Threadbanned Users:

sabat

theguzman

RonaVirus

NSAman

Hector Savage

Gonad

Fog hat

TomSweeney

Blaaz_

12gauge dave

Real Donald Trump

hotmail.com

PhantomHat

Curse These Metal Hands

Timberrrrrrrrr

immortals

thesalmocab

eagle eye - lifted 28/7/21

ohnonotgmail

1800_Ladladlad

BlaktainPicard

TefalBrain

WhomadeGod

DubInMeath

nudain

Josephfromdowntheroad

Faugheen - lifted 14/3/22

astrofool

Brian? - lifted 9/3/22

matchbox2021

Enter name here

Trump thread bans

Threadbanned users:

Outlaw Pete

everlast75

mcmoustache

lawrencesummers

RIGOLO

Let me ask again

Do you accept the mod instruction was there and you failed to follow that instruction?

Sorry have you tried reading the replies, before you type your already pre determined response Beasty. Just asking might make your modding seem a little more balanced in the future.

Also trying in vain to find where its says only you and I can post or discuss a thread in the help desk forum?

Again before making pre determined assumptions maybe you should look at the whole picture. This is not the dispute thread it is the help desk thread.

You are appealing a threadban. You tried appealing it in the DRP. The DRP deals with pointed sanctions and forum bans. Threadbans can be discussed in Help Desk. I am the mod who issued the threadban.

You started this thread within 3 minutes of sending me your PM challenging the threadban

This thread is entirely to do with your threadban and nothing else

As I have no idea what a DRP is I find it hard to believe I appealed it there. And yet again you don't answer the existing question. Please point me and the other posters whose replies you keep deleting where exactly does it say only you and I can reply to a help desk thread?

Actually it has alot to do with more than just the threadban, it has to do with your behaviour and ability to mod in an unbias way. You go out of your way constantly to ban and delete threads that don't agree with your POV. Seen it many many times over the 3 years or so.

So either move the thread to where you want it, change the rules on who can or cant post in a help desk thread or most unlikely stop deleting others replies. I mean we really wouldn't want the rest of board to know how you carry on now do we?

Thought I might try and give you a hand Beasty as you seem to be struggling.

Help Desk

Have an issue with any aspect of boards.ie, or require assistance with an issue related to anything on boards.ie? Post it here!

So this is the forum I posted in, I read the before posting here blurb. I still can't find anywhere prohibiting other posters from replying.

I also cant find anywhere in my first thread where I even mentioned the word appeal.

So you have a few choices as all of this has been screen shotted and saved. Admit you have over stepped your mark as usual and reinstate all the replies you have deleted or shall we take this to a higher authority who will as normal side with you.

But as mentioned above, you have no idea how to mod in an appropriate way and have been allowed to get away with it for far too long.

@Boards.ie: Niamh As this current moderator Beasty seems to be out of control. By last count has deleted 13 replies to this thread without reason or justification. I ask that you take immediate action to sanction or explain why this is allowed to happen please.

Looking forward to your reply.

Fair enough

Thtreadban remains

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement