Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Terrible luck there for Williams nestling right on top of the yellow after a lovely long pot.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great response by Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Didn’t need that pace on the cue ball, nightmare… hopefully won’t cost him.

hasn’t had much luck Williams…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Got a very lucky green in this frame. He's potting great balls in this frame but he's making it hard on himself with lax cue ball control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Well done that man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Surprisingly half-arsed efforts at snookers there by Judd

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Well I was beginning to wonder what I'd do tomorrow afternoon. MJW has set up an interesting final session

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Great session for Williams. Delighted to see him make a match of it!

Is Alan McManus on a curfew or something? He's never there at the end of the evening sessions!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Going to be away tomorrow afternoon, earlier today I didn't think I'd be missing much, now I'm annoyed I won't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 BAABAA96

Poor Jimmy looks like he had a shave with a garden shears his face is in bits! Maybe that’s the f ing conditions he can’t work in for anyone who heard him drop the f word earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Delighted Williams has pulled it back. Not that surprising since Trump isn't actually playing at his best and Williams had been up to the first session of the semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 BAABAA96

Just seeing Ronnie clearance here to make it 10-6. Question though, getting the black cleaned on the first black where it barely went passed the link, isn’t that a similar situation to Yan Bingtao a few days ago which caused uproar? Didn’t hear any commotion about it because it’s Ronnie I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

On the topic of balls jumping around the table, the last word of the day goes to Big Bill Werbeniuk

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

So much for all the talk this morning about Trump beating Williams with a session to spare and having a day off tomorrow, if Williams can manage to get level it will be a big test for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not just in this thread, but in general, the propensity to make wild predictions as a statement of fact, way before anyone could possibly predict an outcome (usually just writing off the opponent, groundlessly) drives me nuts.

As I've said earlier, fair play to Mark for making a match of it (and fools of those who doubted him!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭raclle

Absolutely great comeback from where he was...

1st session 1-7

2nd session 4-4

3rd session 6-2

Against Yan he had a great first session, terrible 2nd session and then lost the first two frames in the third session before fighting back and winning the last three to win the match.

I feel he needs a good start to the final session tomorrow to have any hope as Trump could easily run away with it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Of the 2 semis, Ronnie seems to be more likely to run away and win his. His dominance has finally been reflected on the scoreboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Ronnie is playing the opponent and himself

If he moves into top gear then he wins everytime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yeah it is as if Williams heard Hendry. Hendry said Williams had to win that session 6-2, and he went and did it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

John Parrot making the 'I watch a lot of snooker, me' point again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What a break from Ronnie wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

What a break from Ronnie, seems to have lost his grey hair overnight aswell

Drooling over that opening red. I'm expecting him to make that 95 out of 100. Red was near the pocket. Plenty of reds then in pottable positions. Fair play there were a few nice shots that break.

Great frame win that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That 51 was John's highest break of the semi-final. Partially why he's behind. He played some good shots in this frame though. 11-8.

All on their single best day the owl lads in these semis were close to unbeatable…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Now that's a new low. Ronnie asking for the object ball to be cleaned, and then plays a safety off it.

Advertisement