Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The ref had given O'Callghan a final warning before that foul. In all honesty though none of his fouls were card worthy.

I've watched the penalty incident a few times now and for the life of me i cannot see an infringement. Conor Burke got a yellow card in the build up too. Was it for the touch in midfield? I saw the Wexford backroom team member going ballistic on the sideline but i couldn't understand why. Burke barely touched the Wexford player. The card must have been for that because he wasn't involved in the play in the box.

No wonder Mattie Kenny begs the Dublin public to turn up at matches. The crowd have a huge effect on the referee. Dublin never get a fair shake away from Parnell Park because the Dublin hurling fraternity don't travel in any numbers. Jesus sometimes even at Parnell Park we're outnumbered by the culchies and don't get the rub!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Looking forward to be back on the road to Wexford will have last years performance to kind of compare so hopefully a much more convincing all round display.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Howdy all. Long time since I have been able to check in here. Blame the new job and the new kid. I mean I'm sure some of ye are glad of the peace...

That said, because of the aforementioned newborn I won't be heading down to Wexico on Saturday evening so my two tickets for the evening are going a-begging.

Gratis to a good Dublin home of course.

COYBIB!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭supernova5

Who do Dublin play in the Leinster minor semi final, is it Offaly or Laois?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Strong team named this evening. Absolutely fantastic to see Con back. No matter who you support, you want the best players playing.

Safe travels to anyone heading down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Offaly May 7th

A job to find it. I will go to that site more often in future.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dublin team to play Wexford /

Hopefully a better performance than last years trip to the South East.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Not so far! Playing with breeze, 1 score after 9 mins, wexford bulk of possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Dour stuff again from us. The use of the ball makes no sense to me. Playing into the corners but not looking to create space in the middle from it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement

Much better these last few minutes.

McGuinness on SKY along with Canavan. Pulled no punches on Dublin’s tactics. McGuinness almost seemed to be auditioning for the Dublin job. Saying what he would do 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Very very easy game, doing a professional job. Can't complain really.

Brilliant point there, great break

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Sure didn’t mcguinneass perfect the 15 men behind the ball? Never forget that semi final where there was nearly as many goals in the United v Arsenal game as there was points in Dublin v Donegal.

Meh, I think we all expect little from Dublin this summer. They will prob get found out against a stronger team but maybe they can build some momentum and form, even if it is against canon fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭Xander10

That move was like the good old days

Anything to read into there still being no Comerford? Shiel obviously not fancied either after being lobbed.

Great to see Con back. Gives us another dimension forward wise. Rock won’t be able to kick these loop points forever.

Canavan in particular was spot on. There was a real lack of movement at times in the first half. The one positive for me is we aren't pumping long ball in weather like this. We seem to be playing a lot better now but Wexford really are a poor outfit. That said, we can only beat what's in front of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭Xander10

Missed the first half. I'm taking some encouragement from this second half performance , without getting too carried away.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Umpire needs to get himself to specsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The intensity was more comforting then playing with confirdence. They looked so laboured/lethargic and slow in games in the league and it wasn’t just because they were playing better teams.

• Advertisement

Can only beat what’s on front of us but better anyway. No harm beating the minnows out the gate. Con is different gravy. Fenton back to near his best.

Leinster football really is the pits. Embarrassing that these actually beat Offaly to get here.

Would be happy enough it was a better opening match than last year but Wexford were very poor .Great to see Con back adds a huge amount to us thought we defended quite well in avoiding giving away a lot of easy frees . Anyway we are up and running and let's see what pans out in the next two games to get an idea where we really stand .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Evan was injured before Donegal game. O'Hanlon had little to do bar a high ball dropping into the square. Shiel was poor in Donegal and Monaghan games.

Was looking at the Leinster draw there if goes to form. Should be a Kildare v Dublin final. And in theory a gradual progression in standard of opponents Wexford-Meath - Kildare

I would still be very worried about Kildare if Dublin do face them. It will be interesting to see if the Royals are brave and have a real cut at Dublin before that.

At the moment Dublin are in goal keeper flux. Is there a no1?

A forward line depending on one player - Con for spark. And a back line with a susceptibility to forwards with pace, or even a simple high ball.

If Dublin play the Royals next I will be looking for better off the ball movement from Dublin than I saw in the league. And runners supporting the fella with the ball giving him options. I think that is not too much to ask is it?

I would presume Evan would start if the injury clears up if not we are very weak in that area.While we did better against Wexford tonight as against them last year they were really poor so can't judge very accurately in my view . If either Meath or Kildare could repeat their better spells for even longer against us they have a chance especially Kildare . The win tonight might give our guys a tonic and boost the mood around the camp .The games will come quick this year so will have the answers soon enough .

We seen some green shoots yesterday with a lot more support play. The first 10/15 minutes was dour stuff though but once they got through that I thought we played well.

Murchin and Con were both excellent with Con in particular leading the line really well.

Overall I thought Dublin were decent last night, yes they were a bit lethargic in the opening 10 mins but once they got going they played well. O'Callaghan and Fenton were the stand out performers, O'Callaghan made a big difference upfront. Wexford were really poor but as other have said you can only play what's in front of you. I don't want to get carried away, I thought Dublin turned a corner when they beat Tyrone and Donegal in the league, and then the had the debacle in Clones. Depending on the draw they need to peak for 3-4 games, Kildare can put it up to Dublin but Meath or Westmeath won't - either way Dublin will be in the quarter-finals.

The hurlers are labouring against Westmeath, I know it can be hard to get up for games like this but Kilkenny and Galway beat them by 20 and 16 points respectively, Dublin are up by 6 so hopefully, they'll pull away now.

Only an 8 point win in the end. Not great with scoring averages in play but 3 wins from 3 will do nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just seen the football at the weekend is only on Gaa Go and I can't get to Croke park. Has anyone paid for it and watched a game? Is it worth it like is it stable?

Advertisement