Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

That's what I liked about my old ID.3. Very simple to put into B if you wanted a reasonable level, otherwise D made life so easy and relaxing. Just was my preference, you could always turn it off. Full regen was available with the brake pedal. Not a fan of one pedal driving, though I am getting used to it with my Model 3 after 4K. ID.3 regen was perfect for me, but understand others may differ. I don't like paddles either..🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ah yeah, I was just mentioning the different ways regen in D works as the reviewer mentioned the lack of regen when taking your foot off the pedal.

It makes sense that it's not regenerating as soon as you lift off as you don't always want to slow down when lifting off, sometimes you're just feathering the accelerator to keep up with traffic particularly in slower moving urban areas.

I didn't watch the full review from the other guy but how many reviewers need to point out the fact it's not a real hot hatch?

I know it's the Cupra brand but it's a €38,000 car. It has 41hp less than a GTI which is €55,000 and 86hp less than a Leon Cupra which is €59,000. It's also 350kg heavier than them. Rather than repeatedly tell people it's not a hot hatch, how about compare it to the 130hp Golf or 120hp Focus for similar money?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This was my thing with the original ID3 reviews.

They always compared the car to a paddy spec Golf rather than an automatic mid spec that would be a better comparison and then proceeded to say how much more expensive it was than the Golf. When you looked at similar specs the ID3 was about €1,000-1,500 more expensive.

If you like the look of the Born, the way it drives and the range then you won't regret buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Not bad at 16!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Is the average speed 18kmph ?

That’s about 345 Km’s on a full charge driving at low speed in temperate weather- knock 20% off for winter

Can you reset the trip when you start a 40 minute 120kmph test ? that result would be a good real world indicator. Maybe include the outside temperature too. You can’t beat real world test figures 👍🏻

120 at that time length is around 22/23. Tried it before in an ID.3

Was up and down the M1 today at 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

The infotainment looks quite different to Id.3 - more than I would have expected. Love the look of the born but wouldn’t swap my tour for anything. ( except maybe a tour estate )

It's the standard MIB3 infotainment that Seat use except on a bigger screen than the "new" Leon for example

• Advertisement

I see when you're in CarPlay you get a vehicle shortcut on the side along with the normal home screen shortcut so it should be handy enough to switch between them, I'll probably be keeping an eye on the consumption screen regularly since there's nothing in the driver display.

The user manual mentions footwell lighting when the doors are open, I wasn't aware it had anything other than lights in the doors. You can also change the colour of the centre console light separately from the door lights.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Nice one Mark, those figures are what I had hoped for- 👍🏻

Dealer called back today about amending my order so there's still a chance I can remove dynamic chassis control and add dinamica seats but I said if there's any delays just leave the spec as is, he said there's no notes on their system indicating any spec delays. If it's possible to swap options around this far after ordering I won't hold my breath about getting a build date anytime soon. You also can't remove the care pack.

Hopefully the rest of the orders aren't too far behind considering it's the first batch of cars, considering I'm order 5 and ordered on the 1st of March I'd like to think I'm not too far behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The video does the blue justice, lovely colour on screen. No doubt it looks better in person. I hope I made the right choice with vapor grey, lots of ID.3s with it so not the most exclusive colour but I think it goes well on the Cupra and doesn't hide the styling details.

Dealer emailed me to confirm my spec changes, was sort of looking forward to DCC after being told the spec was locked in but since the standard sport suspension is comfortable the dinamica seats are the smarter option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I took a Cupra Born out for a test drive yesterday. Felt to me just like the ID3 but I much prefer the styling of the Born.

No indication of a delivery date if I were to put down a deposit now, only that it will be 2023. I'd assume from the way he was talking it is more like 12 months than 7.

I'm torn on paying the extras for that bkueior sticking with the grey as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

I paid the extra for the blue but got the 19" copper wheels rather than the 20". The saving there paid for the blue (in my mind at least!). Ordinarily I dislike blue cars but the commentary seems to be that this colour is a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Yes, the blue looks well in person. The dealer had a blue one there on the forecourt. It is due for collection by some lucky person on Monday.

The UK orders are being told December or just 2023 and these are orders that were made weeks ago.

I wonder how many of the Irish orders have build dates?

Upcoming ID.3 3.1 software update now shows trip consumption on the driver screen, hopefully we can get that. It would save me looking at the vehicle data on the infotainment screen in future (which admittedly wouldn't be a big deal as there's a shortcut on the Android Auto screen)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Monday...wow. Lucky lucky.

Surely this is the 1st customer car in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Radio silence from my dealer recently

Do you know what number order you were in your dealer?

Saw an ad for the Born on TV last night for the 1st time. Exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

Report in the UK suggesting up to 12 month wait time for the Born.

Waiting for an update from my dealer.

I've seen some posts saying they're expecting their UK order in May/June. I'd say most orders were people who were keeping an eye on the car, anyone late to put an order in or who saw one in passing and popped in to enquire are probably the ones with 2023 dates?

Considering someone apparently collected one yesterday it's a bit strange that we've heard nothing at all. Based on current ID.3 deliveries it takes about a month to go from build to dealer so it could potentially be June/July before we get build dates for July/August delivery. Although if some are expected in the next few weeks it's annoying we haven't heard anything other than July/August.

If your dealer is the helpful kind to call you with updates, this is the build process on their system:

Provisional build date (status 10), confirmed build date (status 20), left factory (status 30), at port (status 38), arrived in country (status 40), dispatched to dealer (status 60) arrived in dealer (status 70).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I enquired earlier this month with a dealer and I was told I should have one by the end of the summer if I ordered.

They seemed fairly confident on that and were honest regarding delays with other EVs they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

Saw my first Cupra Born on the road today. A Kildare registered Blue Born in Santry, Dublin.

Might have been a demo model, I suppose.

Post edited by dubsphan on

Dealer confirmed two lucky customers have indeed received their cars, but did not (could not) provide specifics.

No updates on my order but no bad news either, so fingers crossed all is still moving along.

• Advertisement

I got an update last week...the salesman I was dealing with is leaving :D

Definitely surprised to hear a few cars showing up this early but hopefully it means the rest of us aren't far behind.

I wonder if it's worth asking for them to throw in floor mats/mud flaps since they aren't discounting anything at the moment...

Advertisement