Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/22 €50 Draft H2H league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

Yeah looking good for you. a few crucial narrow wins. I beat CSF which helped also. I've had a strange season, an occasional win against a front runner and beaten by everyone else.

Bruno who was to be my star man as returned sweet f a. I might dump him yet, intentionally, at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea you've done well, don't bottle it now ;-)

Is it winner takes all for the prize money?

reading back , it's winner takes all. Sands grinds out another win and edges closer to winning. You're probably the last one left with an outside chance of challenging.

I've stumbled upon a strong team too late in the season I think, getting in Jesus, Alonso and Nkietah to go with Salah, Sterling, Saka and Barnes. If there was 10 weeks left I'd fancy my chances.

That is a very strong team. A chance of cutting the gap to 5 pts. And the final game of the season might be winner takes all.

• Advertisement

Yea hopefully Eriksen has a quiet game tomorrow and the lead is down to 5 points.

my Man U players turned up for the first time all season and pipped Dearg by a point. It looks a done deal now for sure, Sands at most only needs 1 draw from 3 at most.

Yea I was very surprised to see I lost this week, I've has a few 1 point defeats lately but this one is a killer.

Well done @Sands81 - the title is yours now. Shame it didn't go down to the last week (for me) :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Congrats Sands, great season.

I’ll be interested again next year - maybe a GW4 start to allow for all the transfers to go through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Sands81

Thankfully I got the win needed before the last round of games. A strong opening half of the season set me up well. A bit of luck involved so hopefully I can keep that luck next season.

Well done Sands.

We tried to make it more competitive this year by going with a H2H league.

Not sure that really worked either as Sands seemed to have it won for a long time now.

I still think H2H is more competitive than the traditional league format but maybe we should increase the number of league entrants ?

Maybe 10 or 12 ?

I agree with Trimm re start date. The transfer window should be closed before we start the draft.

I won’t set up the thread for next season as I don’t collect the money so hopefully one of you guys set it up nice and early as we do struggle to fill it

My only request for, for next season, would be to continue the 10.30pm start time for the draft as we have done that for the last 3 years and hopefully it still suits everyone.

The transfer window closes on the 1st of September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Congrats Sands. We’ll deserved.

It’s a really interesting format but I struggled to dedicate the time to both it and regular FPL. I had a fair few weeks where I completely missed the deadline.

Felt like the H2H format made it difficult to make up any ground too. Was fairly obvious before Christmas who was going to be in the final shakeup. When you’re playing everyone five times a season every game is a six pointer.

Well deserved Sands.

My first time playing Draft. Can't say I particularly enjoyed the format. I enjoy the regular game and like Remoteboy, missed some deadlines a bit like the Sky Comp I tried to play. I'm probably one of those players best suited to one format, multi task failure. so won't be for me next season

I'll play again next season and yea it would be nice to get it up to 10 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I had no problems with the format this year. My only problem was that I was a bit sh*t this year and was blessed to finish as high as I did. Would happily go with exactly as it was, but I've no problem with most of the changes mentioned either. I felt like people made too much of a big deal out of the transfer deadline stuff.

Anyone fancy starting this up and collecting the monies ?

I can do it again. We will need to figure out format given some of the issues raised last year. I'm not completely opposed to going with the same as last year but I also am open to doing it differently, assuming the suggestions are not completely silly.

I thought we’d keep it same as last year re scoring.

It was just the start date and amount of league entrants we talked about iirc

So we’ll do the draft once the window closes (and all the newly transferred players are available) and we’ll cap the league at ten managers ?

• Advertisement

I’ll be in. I was one of people looking to wait until after the transfer deadline to play draft but that would be after 5 gameweeks this year so that’s probably too much of the season to miss?

I will join again. I agree that 5 game weeks might be too much of the season to miss so I would go for the same format as last season.

Who are you agreeing with re missing 5 weeks being too much ?

I thought we were suggesting that we do the drafts AFTER the transfer window shuts and the players are available for the draft at their correct teams ?

I'll play again. I'd be leaning towards waiting 5 weeks too, I didn't like the luck factor of new arrivals coming in last season after the draft.

I’ll be in either way - there’s pros and cons to starting in GW1 or GW6

Post edited by Trimm Trabb on

Trimm Trabb had mentioned the 5 game weeks missed might be too much in the previous post to mine.

We could make a rule that whoever gets last pick in the draft would get first dibs on any Lukaku/Ronaldo that joins the game during August regardless of where they are in the table and everyone else would ignore that player that week? If they use this call then the second last draft pick would be in line to make a call on the next desirable player who joins the league and so until end of August?

I think most of the big moves are done now except Utd signing a new striker so might not be as much of a problem this season..

What is the general consensus of whether to start in GW1 or after transfer deadline. If we are to start for GW1 we would need to have the draft next week.

My preference is to do it before GW1 - but will do later too.

Post edited by Trimm Trabb on

• Advertisement

Ultimately I’m easy either way but it’s potentially a huge advantage to lose your first couple of H2H’s if there are big marquee type signings, by any club, before the window closes.

Advertisement