Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Senditinlow

Alan Murphy for Billy Ryan, are ya having a laugh. Blanchfield certainly unlucky, Donnelly not so much but I am a big fan. Would like to see James Maher go well in the middle. Hope Wally keeps up the good form, I would have doubts bout T Walsh at no.4, we'll know a hell of alot more come Sunday evening. Best of luck KK

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

I think cody is looking down the line..setting up a team to potentially take on limerick..if we get that far conor Browne would be more physically suited to hegarty than blanchfield who needs a year to fill out but has great potential.

I know we need to get there first but I reckon this.team is being shaped with limerick specifically in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

If anyone has a spare stand ticket for sale, PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

Biggest game for Cody in years, he wont want to lose this. Could see a fight on the line if things are tight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Cody doesn't like losing any matches so he's no different to any of us. As soon as henry was appointed manager may the 1st was the first date on the calendar. The media will obviously make a few headlines out of this but tomorrow as soon as the players cross the line its up to the players. I'd be very suprised if there was any kind of trouble on the line.They won't give an inch to each other with frees or line balls but that's as far as it'll go. It's probably a bigger match for Henry after drawing against wexford and playing at home in front of the galway crowd but it's not do or die and both teams have two importantmatches afterwards. Henry and cody still have great respect for each other.it'll be intresting to see how it unfolds. Henry will know all our players inside and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Well he made his bed and he has to lie in it now. Hopefully Cody puts manners on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

😂 Be careful what you wish for. Putting too much manners on Shefflin mightn't be good for Kilkenny longterm. Cody is closer to 70 than 65 and you don't want potential successors being scarred. A one or two point win where Henry emerges with credit, dignity and learning is what you want.

Shefflin is a KK man to the core. He moved to Galway to get experience, which is a good sign of someone with long term goals.

I think KK are playing Laois in the Leinster minor semi (Laois beat Wexford today). Are KK strong this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Great win today for laois and its great to see. They were leading for most of it but got a fright near the end. Is Derek mcgrath involved? Small margins because wex bet dublin,dublin beat kk and kk bet wex and all matches could of went any way.

Kk have a few decent lads and are trying to find the right team. They drove a lot of wides against Dublin and conceded a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

Derek McGrath is involved away. Ok.

Hopefully Laois can be competitive. Our U20s lost by 3 pts to yourselves last year. We had 9 of that team and lost by a point to Wexford last week. Our centre back from last year is a dual player but this year stayed with the footballers.

You're lucky, and totally correct as shown through history, to focus on one code. What happens in small rural counties who try and do both is they do both badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Good to see laois strong underage all the same, hope they can sustain it.

Big test for Mullen tomorrow, hopefully he shows better form in his first big test since the league. Like a lot of people I wanted to see Donnelly in as well, think we need more scoring threats and he provides that (same as Mullen, we really need him back to his best, and of course p Walsh going up front has opened up lots of possibilities as well). As long as it's not the usual thing if everyone waiting for tj to lead the way, and lads are working the ball into scoring positions rather than looking to isolate tj best the square, I think we can cause them headaches.

I'm wary of the midfield, thought it was interesting how they tried to use Buckley in the league but not sure it worked well. Maher does provide a scoring threat potentially though.

I'm alright with Browne being in, he's such a hard worker and they'll need that bit of steel that blanchfield mightn't have yet. Kilkenny to all intents and purposes are coming into this match cold.

Anyway I think we can win it, Galway look a work in progress and they are obviously a bit fragile going on their performance against Wexford. But either way I don't see the sideline stuff being a factor, neither manager is interested in the drama nonsense. Media boll0cks. At the end of the day there's a good chance they'll be playing again in a few weeks, and definitely both teams expect to be getting out of Leinster so there's much bigger days ahead. Main thing for me is seeing us play to a coherent plan for sixty minutes against someone actually good. Laois were shamefully bad, wouldn't even mark our lads a lot of the time, we learned nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

Terrace ticket going spare for todays game. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

On further reflection, playing to a coherent plan for seventy minutes would be even better

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭murtyd17

Can't be giving away frees anywhere with that breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Neewollah

Constantly getting turned over trying to run ball out. Murphy and deegan distribution so poor. Maher touch very poor and dont see the point of Buckley where he is

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mullinr2

How many scores have Galway got from our errors? We can't have Buckley, TJ, Walter and Walsh all playing at the same time. TJ is offering us nothing from open play, like wise is Buckley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

A total shambles in that last 15 minutes.

Eoin Murphy and Tommy Walsh a complete disaster and after praising Deegans leadership last week his decision making today has been shambolic. TJ looks his age out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭davidx40

Saying it with 4 years why is Eoin Murphy still on the goal shocking ....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Distribution from defense is so bad apart from Carey. Deegan and Murphy have given Galway about 1-5 of their total with bad passing / being dispossessed. Eoin Cody and Padraig Walsh really the only forwards in it. We are going nowhere at the moment. Big improvement needed in second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭kksaints

Mixed bag in the first half. Started well but faded. Buckley is very lucky that he wasn't taken off instead of Maher. TJ has been very poor and needs to stay nearer to the full forwards at this stage. Breeze does look strong so it's not an massive lead but we can't give them simple frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

The scoreline wouldn't be too bad if TJ hadn't to miss 2 easy frees. But gifting Galway scores from poor passes. Lawlor, Carey, Cody doing well. Browne, Buckley TJ Deegan Murphy Butler, Maher all poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Neewollah

That injury is obviously still bugging TJ

Eoin Cody fouls an awful lot. Noticed that in the club championship

No free was that

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

TJ's missed free from the start was very costly. Was it even 30 yards out? Right in front of the posts. Very unlike him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Someone on this thread said that Kilkenny would beat Limerick. Cant see it after today's performance. Galway better team today I thought, and only for the flukey goal at the death. Galway well worth the win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

What did we score in the last 20 minutes? Got back level and then did nothing until the goal

Disappointing to get back level and not push on. Galway are not up to much either.

We won't be able for Limerick or Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭kksaints

Doesn't look like a foul at the end but we played poorly in that 2nd half. Murphy kept going long at the puckouts when we weren't winning the ball, just cause you're playing with the wind doesn't mean you have to go long every single time. Our Forwards fouled way too often which gave the Galway backs an easy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Shocking decision to win it for Galway and also Donnelly robbed of a clear point

But we didn't do enough to deserve a win or even the draw.

Almost dogging out a result is becoming the depressing common denominator for us.

Level with nearly 20 mins to play and playing with a strong wind, you'd expect to win it. But we no longer do, especially when you sub off good shooters and bring on workers.

1 point from play in last 18 mins playing with wind, sorry, you dont deserve anything from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Village87

Deegan was wreckless and late. It was a free. Kk have too many limited hurlers, Butler, Deegan, Browne and Buckley are not up to the skill levels required at the highest level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭dzer2

Ah come on.

Every tackle in the second half was a free to Galway. All the full back line hocked but no free. The last free was no foul. Hard to get ahead when the ref was intent on not letting them. Lost count on the amount of times Galway pulled and dragged an arm in the tackle but the ref refused to see it but lord if a Kilkenny man got close to a tackle it was a free. Don't know how many they missed in the second half.

Advertisement