Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

"Ukrainians will never accept Russification and Russism, - the first president of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria Dzhokhar Dudayev."

Sure looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Some good video footage of the fire today at the Russian Power plant

Apparently lots of fires in Russia rerecently.

Kinda reminds me of the old story about the bloke who parked his nice new car in Sherrif Street.

Just as he was walking away a young lad approaches him and suggests that he might want to pay to have his nice shiny car minded.

The car owner looks back and points out that his Alsatian dog is sitting on the front seat and is an excellent guard dog

The kid looks at him for a moment and says, "Hey mister - can yer dog put out fires?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

"What Ukraine can get as a result of a lend lease and $ 20 billion in aid:

▪️ Third generation tanks M1A2 Abrams

▪️ US Infantry fighting vehicles M2A3 Bradley

▪️ Self-propelled artillery units M109A6 Paladin

▪️ Reactive volley fire systems on the HIMARS wheeled chassis

▪️ Universal launcher / ML2 M270 MLRS

▪️ Mobile Norwegian SAM NASAMS 2

▪️ Patriot SAM

▪️ 4th generation F-16 C / D multifunctional light fighters"

I hadn't appreciated previously what an absolute smorgasbord of death, hurt and guaranteed failure, the lend lease program represented to the Orcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭dybbuk

You and Wibb accuse me of lying, of being pro-Russian and being ignorant but expect me to keep talking to you?

This is personal to me, more than you can imagine. Thus you/Wibb are more annoying than you can imagine. I actually even wrote about my background and hat some/many Ukrainian refugees I speak to here in Ireland agree with me. None of my sources is Russian.

(And I also wrote that climate change might be a blessing. A b l e s s i n g !! 44C in Dehli already. I must be evil. Someone will decide I am mad.. .. again...)

I consider it to be my duty to look for the truth and I don't appreciate disingenuity nor being accused of it.

The article I linked to was published by BBC. Can't you just for a second ask yourselves why BBC did it? I read BBC, IT, NYT, Spiegel and other manipulated media mainly to know what the likes of you and Wibb think. I prefer much less biased sources. But you would never believe nor even understand. I tried informing you but you keep labeling me as Putinversteher. But I can't even set my foot on Russian soil...

As I wrote: you chose to be blind, deaf whatever. iPhones over clean water. You chose wrong. But that is just my opinion. So you/Wibb chose to believe I was Russian. LOL! And you keep repeating the same stuff I know since I was a pretty little child.

OMG! OK, I admit: Russians are evil by nature. They eat their children. I am Putin's spy trying to influence you to subvert the ROI and win the war. Let's build a hyperloop to Kiev to cool the Earth and steal Zelensky! Teach me more history to dissuade me please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Plenty of keywords there - bear with me while I find the link to the conspiracy form...

You speak russian and get your news from Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Your posts are just a word salad of absurd rubbish. You must be on drugs or something, because no sense can be made of any of it, and if you even believe any of the crap you are writing, then there is no point anyone here conversing with you, because any points made are just lost in the void between your ears.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Is there a full official list?

I've seen people people mention all the above, but was down to speculation. I don't think the bill lists anything per se.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Considering the thread seems to have moved into the Conspiracy Theories or maybe Russian Lovers forum here's something a little different.

Another Russian Ka-52 helicopter ($15m+) shot down by an anti-tank missile. This might be the same team who also shot down another Ka-52 in a similar location previously:

I'm curious, what's your unbiased sources? seeing as how the media you listed are 'manipulated'

I'm pretty sure all the claims about lend-lease are pretty much baseless.

Lend-lease does not change the types of weapons the US will offer Ukraine: it just makes it easier for the President to send military and other aid to Ukraine without necessarily requiring direct approval from Congress.

The fact that the Biden Administration is currently putting a Ukraine funding bill in front of Congress implies that they're not even planning to use the lend-lease act and they would rather get Congressional approval regardless of lend-lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Doing the same tricks with the tanks, keep the cross-hair just off the target till the last second to prevent countermeasures until it's too late!

"Flag and coat of arms in place 💪

Mariupol - Unbreakable!

Glory to Ukraine! 🇺🇦"

"A unique video from the latest street fights in the Azovstal region.

"There was an occupier and there is no occupier. They will say again - no losses.

Our defenders are the best. They are turning the Russian military elite into fertilizer, "said Petro Andryushchenko, an adviser to the mayor of Mariupol."

"Mariupol

Congratulations on the Day of the Border Guard from the Chief of the 1st Border Detachment, Colonel Valery Paditel.

Glory of the Nation 🇺🇦

Death to enemies 🔥"

You are in the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

2 points --

Why might climate change (global warming presumably) be a blessing?

Who has chosen iPhones over clean water? are you sure they haven't chosen iPhones AND clean water over clean water alone?

I think they are separate. As you mention Lend-lease speeds up the delivery of arms without congress approval for each item.

But the funding bill, would still need congress approval for arms sales, thus slowing arms deliveries down.

I'm thinking the lend-lease is the quick solution to get stuff to Ukraine now, the funding bill will be spread out over months. This is when Ukraine will be 'buying' state of the art NATO equipment for long term use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I'm doing my best not to slate you here, but what is it you want to communicate?

Apart from being covered in angry splittle, precisely zero of what you posted has any coherency.

You, apparently have access to a secret stash of 'unbiased' sources that aren't tainted by CIA psy-ops propaganda. Lay it on us - what's the big reveal?

If you're not a Putinversteher and bristle at the suggestion, what exactly else are you doing only giving his paranoid visions a belly rub and trying to sell it to us on the forum?

You say you don't care, don't want to debate, yet are wearing your fingers to bloody little stumps on your keyboard with frankly unhinged rants.

What exactly is going on with you and what are you trying to say?

My son has Aspergers and the friend staying with him here is autistic. Both managed to get tertiary degrees.

I see it a bit like that German animal park that recently renamed a pig called Putin, because they didn't consider any pig desrved to be named after that swine. https://news.yahoo.com/pig-formerly-known-putin-gets-060842488.html

• Advertisement

"You and Wibb accuse me of lying, of being pro-Russian and being ignorant but expect me to keep talking to you?"

Lol. No absolutely not. I'd actually prefer of you didn't keep repeating absolute bolclocks.

But where exactly in my comment do I say you are "lying"? I'd suggest your comments are certainly more akin to fiction and certainly deluded but no I've not said anywhere you are "lying".

Are you pro-Russian? from your comments here - I'd say you most certainly are.

This is personal to me, more than you can imagine. Thus you/Wibb are more annoying than you can imagine

Well lots of things like the murder of innocent woman and children by murdering Russian scum in Ukraine is very personal to them. That you find other posters pointing out that your comments so far have been complete garbage "annoying" is noted. But the only one who can control your personal foibles is yourself.

Can't you just for a second ask yourselves why BBC did it? I read BBC, IT, NYT, Spiegel and other manipulated media mainly to know what the likes of you and Wibb think

BTW I believe its "Wibbs" not "Wibb". And bar posting on boards.ie I can't account for his posts nor he of mine 🤪

I really couldn't give a sh**te what you're reading. And as I don't subscribe to "BBC, IT, NYT, Spiegel and other manipulated media". So unless you're a bone fide clairvoyant - you don't have a notion what "the likes of" anyone here thinks.

"I consider it to be my duty to look for the truth and I don't appreciate disingenuity nor being accused of it."

If you are "looking for the truth" you're obviously looking in all the wrong places. Russia has an abysmal Environmental record. Plus they are some of the biggest warmongers in the history of the modern world. Look it up. You blaming only NATO members for everything is just too hillarious for words my friend.

BTW I never mentioned the BBC. The paper on Environmental degradation in Russia I linked to, may not be the "BBC", but it is well researched and has lots and lots of academic references. Lots of other academic studies on the shitfeist that is the Soviet Union and its abysmal Environmental record. May I suggest you go educate yourself and stop spreading pro Russian bs?

And you can check I have not "labeled anyone as an Putinversteher. I believe that is a German phrase no? I don't think anyone has used that here. Odd.

OMG! OK, I admit: Russians are evil by nature. They eat their children. I am Putin's spy trying to influence you to subvert the ROI and win the war...

Sure. If you say so...

Bye 👋

Ps. I don't have an IPhone. My water quality is fine btw.

Pity all those Russians and their lovely Apple products 😪

https://www.indy100.com/viral/russian-man-smashes-ipad-sanctions

Post edited by Mecanudo on

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

A. You're threadbanned

B. Abby Martin is a a former Russia Today mouthpiece who thinks that 9/11 was an inside job. Anyone who clicks a link like that may as well be listening to Jim Corr

C. You're threadbanned

D. You're threadbanned

I think you're right that they are separate; but what I'm saying is that I don't think Biden intends to actually use the lend-lease act. Or at least if it is used its more likely to be by US companies than by the government directly; certainly in the short to medium term.

For example the $33 billion Bill in front of Congress includes "Presidential Drawdown" authority: which basically means providing equipment directly from Department of Defence to Ukraine. Why would this be needed if they were planning on using lend-lease authority?

Also I think the Bill is intended to put a cap on US spending for the Russo-Ukraine War through to the end of the US fiscal year on September 30th. In other words they're using it as a mini-budget to set out their planned expenditure for eastern Europe and Ukraine.

Just my entirely non-expert read on the situation; no idea if it's accurate or not.

The head of the PSL talks with a conspiracy theorist from RT USA, who believes 9/11 was an inside job and flouride is a plot for government control via poison. Yeah sounds about right for you.

My pet theories of gloom and fail?

I'll believe it when I see an F16 skinned in Ukrainian camo flying off an Ukranian airfield within 2 months.

The US wouldn't even facilitate Baltic mig fighters being gifted to the US for them to supply to Ukraine, but they will gift Ukraine F16's all of a sudden because of a bill passed in congress?

I have no clue, but I assume lend lease has some restrictions, like any equipment not vital to US defense can be gifted to a non hostile country.

So any old tech can be given.

The 33bil could be more to do with modern systems which would specifically be sold to NATO countries/very close allies (Israel etc...) and would require some oversight.

It's definitely more complex than we think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭Homelander

Absolute lol at the "western biased media" angle that claims Reuter, BBC, etc are completely untrustworthy, partisan operations.

As opposed to Russian state TV, which tells the population that Zelenskyy is a drug addicted Nazi jew overseeing the persecution of Russia speaking people in Donbas who are, at the moment, ironically and quite cruelly being blasted to pieces by Russian artillery.

Military channels have been claiming Ukrainian pilots have been training on F-16s and the UAF have categorically denied it as recently as today at https://www.facebook.com/kpszsu:

Military pilots are not yet studying abroad on the F-16, no matter how much we all want it. No official statement on this issue was published in the media!

The latest information from the Pentagon on air defence as of 29th April would also appear to nix NASAMS or Patriot:

QUESTION: I guess what I'm trying to figure out, though, is do you -- do you expect that the U.S. is going to start giving the Ukrainians some U.S. air defense systems, advanced air defense systems?

SENIOR DEFENSE OFFICIAL: There's no -- there's no active discussion about that right now, other than -- other than, of course, Stingers, short-range air defense. But in the long term -- in the -- in long-range air defense, what we are focused on, as the secretary said, was on helping them get the kinds of systems that they -- that they know how to use effectively and -- and are familiar with, and I don't have any indications that -- that right now, we're prepared to go beyond that.

Somehow I doubt the rest of the list is any more accurate; although M109s wouldn't be a surprise even if they're not the Paladin variant.

• Advertisement

I reckon if it's re-regs they must be on overtime rates for tonight anyway.

Either that or it's the old theory of a whole bunch of monkeys somewhere in cyberspace randomly hitting the keys of a keyboard.

Based on the quality of comments posted by them, I'm going for the second theory for the moment anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement