Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

That'll be strange. They must be sponsoring it for over 10 years at this stage.

The only thing I didn't like was their logo. It is a bad one imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Not sure. Will they be around in a few years? They seem to be in the "throw all the money at advertising to become a household name" stage. They sponsor **** everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Ya that old chestnut "disrespect"

Code for I didn't like getting beat by this fukker

• Registered Users Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Savage match that. And I was thrilled Ronnie won.

Ronnie is a contrived pretentious prat at the best of times, but I almost always want him to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just got tickets for the final for next year!!

Evening sessions Sunday and Monday. Getting to see the trophy being lifted will be a real bucket list moment.

Ronnie v Trump should be amazing. The two most exciting players in the game.

Really hope Ronnie can get number 7, fancy him to get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lucky you!

I have great memories of going to the Irish Masters in Goffs back in the day - I was outside the Crucible in Sheffield years ago (most underwhelming legendary building, EVER!), but never there for the snooker. Definitely on my list.

You'll just have to hope the winner next year doesn't do it in three sessions 🤣

He is alright , but there's a valid argument that the performance of a sportsman is what matters not the personality

i thought years ago that someone comparable to O'Sullivan would come along from China but it never happened

I notice that the commentators have shifted from describing O'Sullivan as "one of the greatest ever" to " the greatest ever"

Maybe hendry started saying it or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

it’s been a great championship and now we’re set for a great final, enjoy Ronnie while he’s here we’ll never see another player like him.

The Ebdon piece was comical really

Ebdon basically saying that he wasn't good enough so had to resort to psychology as he called it

As distinct from tactics which is legit and doesn't require any psychology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Picked up some tickets for the quarters and semis next year. The soon-to-be missus wouldn't be thrilled with picking up final tickets again as we're getting married in early May 2023 😂

Really pumped for today. Have always wanted to see Ronnie play up-close. Hope its a great final.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Markey1

Got tickets in the presale this morning to a few round 2 sessions next year. Went this year for the first time, overall got some great sessions in (Kyren v Ding, Williams v Jackson, Ronnie v Allen). Sheffield a great city too for a couple of nights away. 50% of tickets went in the presale today and looks like most of them are gone now, didn't notice it as difficult last year but maybe that was because of Covid. Big price difference between round 2/quarters sessions to the semi/final sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Didn't see the email, and forgot it was on this morning.

Nothing there now at this stage for a price I'd be willing to pay. Apart from Premium tickets and the Century club sitting in the front row with Brian from Coventry and Company.

Horrendous prices for the premium and Century club - £412 to watch a second round match albeit front row, but with side view of the table.

£105 to watch Monday morning Round One three rows back. Too strong. Can't see myself making it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

For those of you that got tickets what time did you get in at? I didn’t get the email until 09:05 so was high up on the queue.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

I see Century Club is a hospitality day really, including nose bag, but still.

Prediction

18-14

Level at 14-14 Ronnie pull away in the final session to win by 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jj880

😂 Nose bag is a term I need to hear more often.

Got mine at 9 on the dot.

I was refreshing like a maniac, I’d say I was the first person on the site.

Scrolled down to the final session of the final and got them within seconds.

Clicked back in after my purchase just out of interest and I was number 4,500 odd so I got very lucky to beat the crowds.

The ticket prices are gone crazy.

The first year I went in 2015 there was no century club or premium nonsense.

I got front row tickets for round 2 for £21.

No fees whatsoever either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

O'Sullivan is apparently miced up for a Netflix documentary. That'll be an interesting watch.

Think he beats Trump easily, he really wants it this year. 18-11.

He'll be getting well paid so probably have something interesting to say

He just spouts utter rubbish on the BBC cos there's nothing in it for him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Is it called "(Orange)Yellow is the new Black"? 😉

Alan McManus: Judd can see 'light at the end of the rainbow' going into the final.

That's a new one

I watch Ronnie's interviews on Eurosport after he has been talking to the BBC. It is like two different people almost.

You'd have to surmise he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer based on his interviews

That seems to be part of the issue with his interviews plus he's a bit tapped for want of a politer word

Davis is just awesome

He's the king of the analysts in every way

They should drop all the back stage stuff pre and post match

It's superfluous and intrusive

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

O'Sullivan is not the greatest player in history, in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Mexican referee

Advertisement