Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

You didn't even get off the ground. I'm only playing with you. Repost of the same post. 

A few years ago, I studied a lot about the Nordic alleged aliens. I also looked at Irish folklore. This book called The Book of Invasions was challenging for me to read. This book presents an alternative wartime/settlement history of Ireland. Supposedly, humans have interacted with what we call alien beings since 3000 BC on the Island of Ireland. This might be why Ireland is full of supernatural stories.  Irish fairy tales are based on a people/race called Tuatha de Danann. According to historians, they may be real race but humans who came from Greece. Descriptions of ancient Greeks are very similar to those of the Tuatha de Dannan, 

In the book, we learn that Tuatha de Danann landed on a mountain near Connemara and settled there, that they had all this advanced technology, that the hill of tara was their kingdom. An arm is replaced with a prosthesis in the book. Nuada was one of the leaders of the Tuatha de Danann. A bit of a long story short, there was some kind of battle between humans and the Tuatha de Danann with the Tuatha being vastly outgunned. They signed a treaty with humans to live in a parallel world, in a fairy tale, you enter this world through the underworld, but in reality, the world sounds interdimensional. Before the Tuatha de Danann, other alien races occupied Ireland. I would have thought not be allowed to discuss other beings other than god back then? During the 11th century, Irish monks wrote the Book of Invasion. Greek mythology has its gods and goddesses, who are in essence aliens. There is also an alleged claim that Nordics are created from DNA on earth to assist greys on ships. Since they are not strong enough to do certain tasks, humans are needed. My point is not to say that I believe this is true just the stories I have heard in Ufology. In addition, Nordics are sent to other planets to perform work for them. Another theory was created to help with future contact with them, as they are human with DNA from other worlds mixed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

That's very interesting about Irish folklore and beings from a far off place which could be on another plane of existence and they visiting us.

On another noteI'd be having light hearted banter and chat's with sceptics about the paranormal and folkloric spirits etc and I have suggested to a few of them to go to certain places at night in the dark bring a torch and from a certain landmark past the old ruin of a church to the ringfort record it on their mobile phones. And I'll wait at the gate,it's a walk of around 2km over and back....

No way will they partake in the ramble, afraid of their brains potential to create a figment of their imagination which could potentially drive them mad.

In their own mind's they're afraid of the dark side of their consciousness giving them a scare and they're powerless over their own thoughts and delusions.

My observation is they're sceptical but unwilling to challenge themselves, I wouldn't shame them into it as it wouldn't be fair.

But I did it and recorded it and wattsapped the clips and me talking through it, I caught eyeshine from goats, a Fox and fluttering bats flew by they would no more do it after seeing the footage. I also had sounds of animals walking through the hazel wood.... that creaking sound of moving branches etc...

Serious sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But now cheerfuls literally telling you he believes in fairies...

A few posts ago you were claiming that no such people exist and that comparing your beliefs to such people was ridiculous.

And again also he's a holocaust denier and believes 9/11 was an inside job. He's not exactly a good example of a believable person. Yet here you are lapping up his nonsense.

The subject that Jacque Vallee, one of the foremost UFOlogists and scientists, discussed in his book, Passport of Magnolia, was the correlation between myths of abductions in folklore and modern abduction stories. Although the abduction stories have not been proven to be true, there are some similarities among them. In my opinion, debunkers have yet to accept the craft may be from somewhere else kind of in a difficult position to have a straightforward discussion with them. Can try, but don't expect much. Don't blame debunkers either -- I would not invite anything weird into my life either. If there are dark forces at work, then why do you run toward them?

• Advertisement

Lol Sorry dude, you're rambling again.

People are more than willing to discuss things with you.

Conspiracy theorists and you in particular keep showing time and time again that they aren't willing or capable of having a discussion.

You lot aren't willing to accepting that you guys might be wrong, might have been tricked by con artists or aren't actually special.

When you're faced with difficult questions or anything that makes you question or doubt your beliefs, you freak out and throw tanturms.

We don't accept your ideas because you have not provided anything convincing to believe them.

Unlike you guys we don't immediately believe everything we're told. Nor do we believe that lying, whinging and ignoring questions are a very convincing argument.

I'm not really interested in the debunkers to be honest, they take it too seriously.

But I do get a buzz out of going to strange places alone, especially old churches, monasteries and ring forts, old supposedly haunted places.

I find the mind does take off and when I think about those horror movies where it looks like someone is being followed by an entity or demon that's what really charges me up. Because I know I'm really safe and there's nothing in this wide earthly world that will swallow me up or pull me into another dimension.

I'm fearless that way, I used to love ghost stories and the old people back in the 70's or 80's calling to my grandparents house and telling us about what was seen or heard in places nearby. I love all that. I bump into Eddie Lenihan now and again in Town and I love following him on YouTube the old recordings are fascinating.

Whether it's true or a figment of the imagination it's intriguing.

I'll check out the book you mentioned.

I do prefer the dark side of folklore and stories rather than the happy clappy stuff. It's more intense than fluffy sheep, flowery meadow's and chirping birds and a meandering river flowing through it.

Lol yes. You're very special.

However, just because something makes you feel special and smart, it doesn't mean it's actually true.

And it strikes me that you are very afraid of considering that you might be wrong. Or confronting other uncomfortable truths about your position.

Like the holocaust denier going on about "Nordics" etc...

Ignore the comments of one user. This is my last post on this subject of the holocust, and I have no idea why I am posting it. The only events I am interested in are JFK, the UFOS and 9/11 for me there is something wrong with the official narrative. Other conspiracies believed to be false are not. Covid escaping from a Chinese laboratory should not be even regarded as a conspiracy one of two theories to explain the outbreak. 

As an event that occurred many years ago, the holocaust is a very difficult subject to discuss. Debunkers fail to consider the fate of every single Jewish family and every individual uprooted by the Nazis during the invasion of eastern Europe due to their ignorance. It is as if they have also solved all of the histories of that particular event;

My fundamental stance is not against Poland's and Czechoslovakia's extermination camps for prisoners, Jews, and others. Considering the Nazi doctrine of a master race, gas chambers are not surprising. The amount of gassings and transportation of Jews to concentration camps has been shown down the years to be inaccurate. It was long believed 4 million Jews died at Auschwitz, alleging they arrived on trains, but the evidence did not support that claim.   

This paints a clearer picture of the Holocaust when taken as a whole, including mass shootings, deaths from illness, cold temperatures in the east, lack of food, and normal war events killing them. We can't have this debate today because it is a highly charged subject., keep away from it.  

They have no concept of denial. This denial is the claim that all of these events were fabricated and that there was a conspiracy against the Nazis because they lost the war. I am well aware of how evil the Nazis were to people during the World War II era. Josef Mengele was testing on the weak in society long before the war started; there is a pattern here that cannot be denied. 

Check out the book, it is an interesting read. I guess you like what you like!

Yup. That's holocaust denial buddy. it's really funny how you can't help yourself.

I will also remind you that you argued that the gas chambers at Auschwitz were faked and that you only seem to talk about the Jewish numbers.

You have claimed that historians are involved in a Jewish lead plot to inflate the number by millions.

Watch now as @gladvimpaker suddenly has no comment on your beliefs.

Won't have the spine to actually disagree with you and call you out for this vile **** though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Getting off topic here lads....

Cool the jets a little.

The Tic Tac objects, what ever they are... Are quite fascinating. Hard to imagine what they could actually be? And what their purpose is?

I'm a big believer in electrical phenomena and ball lightening. I don't think we have investigated it half enough, and may be the source of a lot of unexplained bright light events.

But the Tic Tac is something else.. The object seems to be navigating? If it is navigating, then what is its purpose? Is the blurry appearance at times due to the object vibrating?? Is the objects speed in the atmosphere causing the visual distortion?

Is the object being piloted, operated remotely or none of the above?

What is the reason for entering the water from time to time? Is there a reason to enter the water at that exact location, or is it just random?

How does it (do they), not bounce off the Empire State Building in New York? Appear above a capacity Wembley Stadium? Land or park up on the White House Lawn?

Are they electrical sprites following an unseen weather corridor?

Electrical warm air meeting cold air natural reaction??

I haven't a bull's notion what they are.. I'd like to see a scientific study done on them though.

The interview was very good. The pilot who captured the UFO on one of the released videos., the same incident as Fravor. A pilot pursued the object from a high altitude on a later date. Apparently the situation lasted for days, since Fravor had his experience, then this pilot later during the same navy exercise.  

The fact that we received a cockpit video of the encounter lends credence to the fravor narrative.  Skip to 4 minutes to listen.

You countered nothing and answered nothing. You're now claiming to have done both, Cheerful, as if you're in some position to take the moral high ground. You've posted replies but haven't actually answered the questions. I can repost them, if you can't figure them out?

And yes, I am harping on about your use of the word craft because they're not craft, now are they? They're unknown objects but you're calling them spaceships straight off the bat. You're the one calling them that and nobody else.

And no, using "vehicles" is equally as untrue, so you can't use that terminology either. It's equally as valid to call them bumblebees or bats.

It is not definite that there are spacecraft; instead, it is a theory based on what the observables and data indicate. You do have a problem with people speculating about the nature of the object Fravor saw, and I do not, either do many people who are interested in the topic. Don't seem to get it

In a typical fashion, you have not expressed any opinion regarding what fravor observed. Please let us know your thoughts. Please don't be shy.

I put that user in ignore because it's obvious they're off on tangents and I won't be distracted by someone trying to stir thing's up. Let them rant away.

You're entitled to your opinion, whatever that may be.

Just because we're having a discussion they're trying to derail it, for what reason I don't know. Maybe it's personal.

Lol OK then. No issue with they ol' holocaust denial.

Nothing personal about it. Just pointing out the hypocrisy that seems to be inherent in conspiracy beliefs around here.

He is not receiving the attention he requires. No one is going to tolerate his childish manner of posting and hurling insults. It is absurd that he quotes other people's posts and has not grasped that we have had enough of his behavior. I would respond differently if he had different mannerisms and attitudes, but I will not, so he should not waste his time. There are other debunkers who are insulting as well, though they are not as obnoxious, so I reply to them as well. Some are borderline, though, so I may ignore them in the future,. I am a patient individual and am willing to tolerate a great deal, however it is not worth my time to converse with someone who believes he is right all the time and you are wrong about everything.

Well I wouldn't sit down and have a discussion with someone who's overtly oppositional, constantly interrupting conversations and insulting people. It's not tolerated in religious or political forums. The ignore button has its uses.

I'd say it's just probably something impulsive and they can't help being repeating themselves and they're on the ignore so I don't read their post's.

I just find these things and the paranormal stuff intriguing. Im in the grey area with it. I don't see anything wrong with your post's, they're quite clear and you're not putting anyone in danger or insulting anyone.

Just chatting about different perspectives.

When someone has to get personal they've lost the plot.

I am not always accurate and I lack some knowledge about certain sciences and other things as well as some language skills. As a result, I do make mistakes as I proceed. There is a problem with the debunkers on this site - they do not really take the time to discuss details with you. Look at the 9/11 thread. There is not a single post disputing my claim that there is no freefall in the NIST collapse model. What are these posts telling us about debunkers? There should be no problem in writing a reply refuting everything I said about freefall here. Freefall is one of the main arguments for controlled demolition, but not a single debunker has demonstrated it in the NIST model for all these years!!!!!

If you suggest that aliens might be operating these objects in the sky, people will go off in a huff indicating that UFOs are neither vehicles nor craft. The deniers are a strange lot. Though I rarely insult, I sometimes get passive-aggressive with the tone of my replies, and trying to tone that back.

Don't see anything wrong with the big holocaust denial rant at all?

Thanks for proving my point.

Your and cheerfuls last few posts are just dripping with hypocrisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Given that they are hypothetical you can't really know their motivations in which case they may have no desire to remain hidden, in which case perhaps we would have an idea they were observing us.

How can you speak with such authority? They "certainly wouldn't" be doing x, y, z? How can you know that?

But if they have no desire to hide from us, why aren't there better pictures? If they didn't hide themselves, then surely there would be tons of sightings all with tons of clear evidence?

Additionally, if they don't care about whether they are seen or not, what are they doing? If they don't care about us, then there's very little on Earth that's worth the effort and energy expenditure of coming here.

No one is claiming to be an authority. But if you can't provide an explanation for this, then it is reasonable to say that the wouldn't do something that doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The title gives the answer. UFOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

It isn't reasonable to work from a process of elimination as such.

It doesn't make sense *to us* in our state of ignorance.

They are literally alien beings in this scenario. We don't know who we're dealing with, their motivations and the wider context in which they're acting.

So there could be some surprising (to us) and as yet unknowable reason.

Well suggesting anything around some debunkers will only draw in more debunking they're programmed to be uncreative and are quite repetitive and unable to think for themselves or exchange ideas. They'll say the same about the people they're debating.

You'll outline your side of the argument and they'll still say you haven't answered their question. And they'll demand you answer the way they want it. But leave them off, yer man has been put on ignore and it'll stay that way. He's probably bouncing up and down now because he's not getting what he wants. Bringing up other threads etc and trying to pit me into making a judgment on you on behalf of your ideas outside of the subject matter.

There's definitely a want there, and he can waffle away until next Wednesday if he likes but I'm not engaging with him.

He seems to be in denial :)

Ok. So they don't care if they're seen or not, but only appear in places where only a very few will see them. That's not just nonsensical, it's inherently contradictory.

Likewise, it's contradictory to claim that these aliens need to land or Earth while at the same time have infinite capabilities.

It's an assumption that we are dealing with a "who". A very very flimsy assumption.

None of the behaviours make any sense for intelligent beings and require believers to fall back to the argument of "of course it doesn't make sense, aliens don't make sense."

However the behaviours are consistent with natural phenomenon or misidentification by people in edge cases.

We can point to countless cases of those to back up this argument.

What cases of aliens can you point to back up the idea that their nonsensical behaviour is consistent with aliens?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Fork lightening for instance...

It's starting point to it's 'ending' point takes a split second. (granted, there would be numerous branched in one strike).

But..

The beginning of the strike (the original flash point), fizzles out as the branches of lightening shoot across the sky.

The lightening strike(s), have a jagged, zig zag pathway from start to finish.. Why not straight lines? Why not just one lightening explosion and be done with it? What makes the lightening tentacles twist, turn and stretch for miles as they die out?

The Tic Tac jumping around could be seen as similar? Darting off in different directions, making impossible turns (impossible to us), maybe not even aware of us, as it's nothing more than a natural unexplained weather phenomena?

What about electrical activity being driven by a magnetic force above in the skies?

Did one theory of the Bermuda Triangle, not suggest that a magnetic force sent the cockpit dials into disarray, sending the pilots off on a different flight path, and ultimately to their doom?

Or the science backed evidence that there is some sort of weird goings on above Skinwalker Ranch. Maybe only weird because we don't understand it yet?

Weather fronts and jet streams follow a trajectory (most of the time), like an unseen force pushing forward. What if there was a trajectory that carried electrically charged particles at a super speed? A trajectory that changed at random and was totally sporadic?

We don't know everything..

Like some parts of the Indian Ocean man has never seen, I'm sure likewise can be said for the heavens too?

in comparison to Metabunk and International Skeptics, this site has a less developed debunking section, but it is still possible to find some interesting conversations and debates regarding 9/11 on International skeptics. This debate was excellent was between the resident 9/11 debunker on international skeptics person named Oystein and 9/11 believer named Jay Howard. 

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289588

An exchange of opinions was constructive regarding the alleged red/gray chips found in the towers to be nano-thermite. Here is an indication of how debates can be productive. Evidently, I think Jay Howard won the debate based on what he had to say, however, Oystein did have a lot of back-and-forth with Jay and it was a very civil debate. There is sadly little debate in this section, which is a great pity. There is, however, every now and then some good back and forth between posters, but the majority of debunkers often run away from answering you anyway. 

Anyway, I have no problem with the other user, but in person, I might get along with him, but behind the computer, his disdain for conspiracy theories and insults does not make me wish to speak with him. 

That is just a way for them to discredit you. Do not fall for that trap. My opinions are mine alone. No one was required to share my views. Shifty should be commended at least for having a post that was more than a few lines long and offering thoughts on the topic. He has views and I have mine. Trying to figure out what he believes Fravor saw has not occurred yet. I hope he will take the time to investigate this, we will proceed accordingly. Does listening to Fravor online and seeing what he says make sense?

Observations of UFOs over large urban areas are rare. The only two instances that come to mind are the Pheonix lights and Reports of UFOs from the Hudson Valley. These objects do not seek publicity or wish to be observed by more people. Most cases appear to occur around nuclear sites, military bases, and remote villages. Therefore, UFOs would be interested in human military capabilities as well as any activities taking place in these small remote communities; as a result, it appears that they are not very interested in notifying us on a broad scale of their presence. There was a fravor sighting somewhere off the west coast, far from land too..

• Advertisement

He's quite honest with his observations.

And people are listening to him, whether they believe him or not they're still not undermining him.

The debunkers here are just interested in interrupting conversations. I'd say there's a lot of good information out there about these crafts, weather phenomenon whatever they are.

I'm heading back some evening to the bogs around Doo Lough in west Clare that's where I seen that weird object my son was with me it was nearly 12 years ago. We still mention it now and again, he's nearly 21 now.

It was like an airplane without any pointy front, wings or tail. The front was a bit like a jumbo jet but more rounded.

And ironically it was fuzzy lol 😂

Advertisement